'Fight for vaccine': Thais snap up shots in seconds via Shopee sale

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Those foreigners who bash Thais at every moment, can't speak the language, have no interest in assimilating, are paranoid, don't read the Thai news, reap what they sow. 

Nonsense, you lost any weight yet or still eating biscuits?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

We all need to think about going home if that is possible. This entire healthcare and political system is/are broken.

This will be expensive, never ending, broken health care system. Expensive, immigration full of hassles can't even fix 90 day reporting.

Hope you geezers don't need the hospital in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, MasterBaker said:

they selling you a can of air, there is no Moderna available according SE Asia distributor for this year:

"Singapore-headquartered Zuellig is involved in the distribution, regulatory approvals and purchase contracts for Moderna Inc's vaccines for use in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

"A lot of the transactions that are being done today will be for 2022 ... because the supply of Moderna vaccine is pretty much exhausted already for 2021," Zuellig CEO John Graham told Reuters."

Bought 2 doses from Rayong Hospital June 30, yesterday got confirmation Oct reservation to get jabbed, All pretty straight forward but it sold out like July 5.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Vaccines in use aren't trial medications.

All medications have side effects.

The odds of severe consequences from any of these vaccines is much much less than the odds of severe consequences if/when infected with Covid-19.

Over 1000 deaths so far reported on yellow cards, gov.UK figures.

In the past, 50 deaths from Swine flue recorded and vaccination was halted.

Covid 19 vaccines are only approved for emergency use and are in stage 3

human trials.

I would not discourage anyone from taking the jab, it is just my personal

choice not to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Over 1000 deaths so far reported on yellow cards, gov.UK figures.

In the past, 50 deaths from Swine flue recorded and vaccination was halted.

Covid 19 vaccines are only approved for emergency use and are in stage 3

human trials.

I would not discourage anyone from taking the jab, it is just my personal

choice not to.

Between December 2020 and June 7th, 2021, VAERS received 5,208 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who got a vaccine.

CDC says roughly 4,100 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid breakthrough infections after vaccination

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How many shots have you got so far?

I could have had the AZ shot on the 7th June, which was confirmed on the 4th of June, however I cancelled by choice and will receive the Moderna shots which was confirmed for October yesterday coincidentally, with the hospital requesting my bank account details for a partial refund as we paid 3,800 baht each when they first advised that they were taking orders, the partial refund is because they have reduced the fee to 3,400 baht each, so that's 800 baht back for the two of us.

I would say that's pretty organised, wouldn't you and on course for October.

What shots have you had ?

Just now, jacko45k said:

AZ, Pfizer, Moderna or J&J would be acceptable.

I would also take Pfizer of J&J, if they were available tomorrow and push Moderna into 2022 as a booster if required and if it could be done as part of the hospitals policy.

I am assuming you didn't pay for a Moderna shot as a backup plan ?

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am assuming you didn't pay for a Moderna shot as a backup plan ?

No, I was deterred by the fact that at that time they were not even on order, and felt it was simply a money hoovering session by the hospitals. The one I use has, on occasion,  been  accused of avarice. 

My backup plan is reduced to a fence and my behind.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I could have had the AZ shot on the 7th June, which was confirmed on the 4th of June, however I cancelled by choice and will receive the Moderna shots which was confirmed for October yesterday coincidentally, with the hospital requesting my bank account details for a partial refund as we paid 3,800 baht each when they first advised that they were taking orders, the partial refund is because they have reduced the fee to 3,400 baht each, so that's 800 baht back for the two of us.

I would say that's pretty organised, wouldn't you and on course for October.

What shots have you had ?

If I were you I would have taken the AZ shot and then taken Moderna or Pfizer as a booster when available rather than wait unvaccinated till your prefered vaccine came in as AZ  protects musch better than nothing or Sinovac.  I took a shot of AZ , will take another or get Pfizer or Moderna as a booster when available. You may have paid and reserved a shot of Moderna but there is no guarantee  the hospital will have it in Oct.

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

If I were you I would have taken the AZ shot and then taken Moderna or Pfizer as a booster when available rather than wait unvaccinated till your prefered vaccine came in as AZ  protects musch better than nothing or Sinovac.  I took a shot of AZ , will take another or get Pfizer or Moderna as a booster when available. You may have paid and reserved a shot of Moderna but there is no guarantee  the hospital will have it in Oct.

That's why I didn't take it, i.e. I am me, and based on the research I did, it wasn't for me, my decision. You got yours and I am happy for you, your decision.

The virus isn't going to kill us, unless we have weak immune systems, suffice to say, if we get it, then we will have antibodies, so no need for a vaccine, I am confident the hospitals will deliver on time, that is why I paid in advance, it's small change considering.

If Covid kills me, well, there was no guarantee AZ wouldn't have, and no vaccine is 100% bullet proof, albeit it is alleged that it protects us from serious illness and hospitalisation.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:54 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Thanks for the heads up in advance. These sales are kept very quiet so farang don't hear

A hospital in Thailand taking reservations this week for the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was sold out in minutes - after offering shots via e-commerce platform Shopee.

Something sold on an e-commerce platform such as Shopee, could hardly be called a confidential transaction - supply vs demand made it sell in a flash!

Nope, I doubt there is any conspiracy theory there, as if there was a balance, anyone can order it even now IMHO

To be honest, other than Thailand, there are more countries 'fighting' for the vaccination. Maybe due to corruption etc. But the fact remains that there were some countries who were hoarding the vaccinations. Why? For what reason is the million $ question.

Example

Edited by ravip