Thailand reports 8,656 new COVID-19 cases, 80 more deaths

webfact

TIMELINE: Chonburi and Pattaya officials inform residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night (July 11th) has released a timeline to inform people who went to specific places last month and this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health. The following is an English translation of the release.

List here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/12/timeline-chonburi-and-pattaya-officials-inform-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

#PhuketSandbox update on Monday: One local case and no Sandbox cases with 72 patients in hospital. Also one more death bringing that total to nine.

WEEK ONE: 24 local + 1 sandbox = 25 cases

WEEK TWO: 29 local + 5 sandbox = 34 cases in five days

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414545212559425540

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai construction workers infected by hybrid of Delta and Alpha variants

A construction worker was found to be simultaneously infected by both the Alpha and Delta COVID-19 variants, while six others were infected with a hybrid strain of the two, according to Director-General of the Medical Sciences Department Dr. Supakit Sirilak today (Monday).

Expressing shock by the finding, while reassuring the public the seven cases were not severe, Dr. Supakit said this is why it was necessary to seal worker housing facilities in and around Bangkok late last month.

The cases remain, however, of concern and follow-up monitoring is needed, to prevent infections by two virus strains at the same time from spreading to the point that the combination of the strains in a single host result in a new variant.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-construction-workers-infected-by-hybrid-of-delta-and-alpha-variants/

I am sure those facilities are not truly sealed. There has to be some food delivery, and medical staff. 

So, the new variant is probably already out there. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A construction worker was found to be simultaneously infected by both the Alpha and Delta COVID-19 variants, while six others were infected with a hybrid strain of the two, according to Director-General of the Medical Sciences Department Dr. Supakit Sirilak today (Monday).

Expressing shock by the finding, while reassuring the public the seven cases were not severe, Dr. Supakit said this is why it was necessary to seal worker housing facilities in and around Bangkok late last month.

The cases remain, however, of concern and follow-up monitoring is needed, to prevent infections by two virus strains at the same time from spreading to the point that the combination of the strains in a single host result in a new variant.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-construction-workers-infected-by-hybrid-of-delta-and-alpha-variants/

The Thai Delpha or Aldel Variant?

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Seems like a cust cotting exercise so instead of two AZ doses they just give one AZ and one Sino.They still haven't learnt cheap is not cheaper. 

I think someone may think it’s a way of rationing out the meager supply of AZ. Now only one dose instead of two, so can go twice as far. SMH

• Haha 2

New variant found in BKK being reported. Alpha+Delta hybrid. Ok old news on here. Sorry bit late. Well this should be interesting. Sure govt response will be it's just a misunderstanding. Everything is ok. People are not dying, soon to be tens of thousands not infected and openning up will go ahead as planned.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Yes, my wife is there now. I was shocked to see 105 cases. She says people wear masks to the market and shops etc, but around the village among themselves, hardly at all. It only takes one infected person, down goes a whole village.

It’s a very big province of course. I don’t know how widespread these cases might be.

Positive test results yesterday in Udon Thani.  Positive findings are growing rapidly.

IMG_20210712_201420.jpg

23 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think someone may think it’s a way of rationing out the meager supply of AZ. Now only one dose instead of two, so can go twice as far. SMH

I would perhaps feel nervous if I already had an AZ first shot and appointment in place for second shot.

What do you do with a greeting .."we have sinovac only. Take it or leave it".

That was always a possibility even prior to recent events surrounding Sinovac.

40 minutes ago, Puwa said:

New mutations aside, the infection rates as quoted in that other paper are catastrophic:

Of all 1,737 workers at the construction site, 1,327 tested positive. Among them, 23.3% were infected with the Alpha variant and 73.7% with Delta.

That's 75% positivity!

How many will die or have already died and how many deaths will be and have been covered up. 

Edited by dinsdale

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I would perhaps feel nervous if I already had an AZ first shot and appointment in place for second shot.

What do you do with a greeting .."we have sinovac only. Take it or leave it".

That was always a possibility even prior to recent events surrounding Sinovac.

I have been waiting for an opportunity to get 2 AZ jabs. The light at the end of the tunnel just went out. 5555

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Hello darkness, my old friend: the first evening of lockdown in Bangkok begins. BTS Mo Chit, usually packed around this time of the day with cars and passersby, is empty. Public transport will stop service at 9pm, while restaurants must stop selling takeaway at 8pm. #ล็อกดาวน์

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1414564322223673344

SMH, how to get herd immunity like this.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

After you tipped them off that you were coming for them and after they scattered like roaches, you mean?

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Delta?

That's so last week.

There’s yet another COVID strain spreading. Here’s what you should know about the Lambda variant

https://fortune.com/2021/07/06/covid-lambda-variant-who-what-to-know-coronavirus/

Two Cases Of Kappa Covid Variant Detected In Uttar Pradesh

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/two-cases-of-kappa-covid-variant-detected-in-uttar-pradesh-2482881

• Thanks 1