60 day COVID extension

I've read somewhere that I have to make an appointment for visa extension starting July 19th, and I am having trouble finding the website. Could someone please share the link to the website? 

Also do you guys think that we may get free visa extension via COVID amnesty just like last year? Since we are in lockdown now? 

The Bangkok immigration appointment website was taken down almost 2 weeks ago. The are in the process of developing a new site.

There will be no amnesty. There is no country wide lockdown. Only Bangkok and few other provinces are in semi lockdown.

• Like 2

I just got mine in Ayutthaya province, but they were very reluctant, arguing that I can go back to my country already. I had to insist and explain my personal situation to them, they ended up giving it to me, telling me it was the last time I'd get it. I understand them completely and I'm really thankful to them, however I don't want to go back yet with the current situation being what it is. Any reports of other provinces still giving it like it's standard procedure? I'll happily move there to do a couple more extensions if possible. 

Edited by Seik

1 hour ago, Seik said:

I just got mine in Ayutthaya province, but they were very reluctant, arguing that I can go back to my country already. I had to insist and explain my personal situation to them, they ended up giving it to me, telling me it was the last time I'd get it. I understand them completely and I'm really thankful to them, however I don't want to go back yet with the current situation being what it is. Any reports of other provinces still giving it like it's standard procedure? I'll happily move there to do a couple more extensions if possible. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Seik

Which Visa did you enter Thailand with?

3 minutes ago, Seik said:

I got here on Visa Exemption, on March 15th 2020. What about you?

Why were they giving you such hard time? Even though you can go back, the gov gave permission of stay until the end of Sept. Maybe Ayutthaya Immi Office is like that???

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The Bangkok immigration appointment website was taken down almost 2 weeks ago. The are in the process of developing a new site.

There will be no amnesty. There is no country wide lockdown. Only Bangkok and few other provinces are in semi lockdown.

2 hours ago, Seik said:

36 minutes ago, Seik said:

I got here on Visa Exemption, on March 15th 2020. What about you?

@ubonjoe. Why is the Thai immigration suddenly being tough on extension? Also I thought people who entered with Tourist Visa and Visa Exemption would have no problem getting extension, but why are they being tough like this? I'm going to CW this week, do you think I will face a problem with my application? I entered with Tourist Visa... I've asked this before but I'm getting really worried...

Edited by lolalol

went to CW last week to get 60day Covid extension. I had been on a cancelled work permit with a Non-Imm visa and this was my 4th extension. First 2 had been fairly easy via the C queue apart from hassle of re-queuing at each point in the process.  So 3rd time I did through an agent which was fine, except for some reason they did via Korat Immigration (I assume they had a "special" IO there). This extension was about to expire on 10th July so decided I would do myself again as likely my last time, also passport has no clear pages for a new visa. But CW suddenly decided they didn't want to extend:

1. Why did you extend in Korat, go back there (lock down hadn't yet started). I think they knew I had used an agent (how?)

2. Where is my 90 day report receipt (I had done online they refused to check, although on a prior extension an IO had done exactly that)

3. Where is TM30 (had never been asked for this before) as I am staying in well known hotel on Sukhumvit Road for 6 months.

So dejected and rejected, back to expensive Trendy agent again! She just smiled when I asked why did she do extension in Korat, just gave me a discount instead to shut me up:)

Supposedly will get my passport this week as need to renew as require a page for a planned retirement visa.  

My STV is set to expire this november and with current "happenings" I'm not completely ruling out that they will continue with further C19-extensions. As this is not a widely researched topic of mine: am I eligible or is only for people who arrived last year? 

3 hours ago, lolalol said:

could anyone share your experiences getting COVID extension this month??? 

I'll be going next week.

Probably I'll be told to fly out asap now that flights are available. But same as on the last application I'll state in 'Other' category for reasons to stay, "Awaiting covid vaccination".

It just possibly may sway a decision to grant an extension or maybe not.

Let's face it, who in heck wants to, or, travels un-vaccinated?

51 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

I'll be going next week.

Probably I'll be told to fly out asap now that flights are available. But same as on the last application I'll state in 'Other' category for reasons to stay, "Awaiting covid vaccination".

I guess you are right. It is safer to get vaccinated before travel. And immigration officers will understand that!

Edited by lolalol

Did a covid sixty day extension last Friday at CW.

Gave me a hard time.

Wanted to know why I had no bank statement showing 400,000 baht.

Made me write a letter saying I was waiting for 400,00 baht to arrive in the bank.

Made me wait one hour and told me this is the last time for extension.

Originally, I had a multiple entry non immigrant visa which has expired in March.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Did a covid sixty day extension last Friday at CW.

Gave me a hard time.

Wanted to know why I had no bank statement showing 400,000 baht.

Made me write a letter saying I was waiting for 400,00 baht to arrive in the bank.

Made me wait one hour and told me this is the last time for extension.

Originally, I had a multiple entry non immigrant visa which has expired in March.

Sigh....

2 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I'll be going next week.

what kind of visa did you enter thailand with?

50 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Sigh....

Stop worrying. The guy you quoted had ME Non O. Married? 

"Originally, I had a multiple entry non immigrant visa which has expired in March."

In any event you dont need appointment at CW. You entered on tourist visa.

Should have zero issues to obtain 60 day covid extension. 

• Thanks 1

On a TR visa the easiest place to get a Covid extension is Samui. 60 days added to your expiry date, and processed on the same day. Takes about 2 hours. Last I heard they were also opening an office on Phangan. I got mine a couple of months ago, and it may have changed now there's a Samui sandbox.

I'm now in Chiang Mai and the process here is different, as you get the 60 days from when you apply, not the expiry date, and you do the 14 day "under consideration". But it was still very easy and friendly, just fill out the covid stat dec and pay your 1900.

I'm guessing TR visa will continue to be extended until Thailand fully reopens, although the sandbox may complicate things if you're applying at a tourist office in those areas, but I'm guessing you'll be fine in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

The government has just announced extension of emergency decree untill end of Sept (Oct 1).

The odds of 60 day covid extensions being issued during Aug & Sept has just increased (imo) if it was not almost a certainly already.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I'll be going next week.

Great shout on the reason for staying here I'll use that one next time, got my extension on 5 th of July (Korat) go back 16th to get stamp, was easier this time than the last one were they were questioning my reasons for not leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Great shout on the reason for staying here I'll use that one next time, got my extension on 5 th of July (Korat) go back 16th to get stamp, was easier this time than the last one were they were questioning my reasons for not leaving. 

Here is affidavit. Many are using second box. ....... embassy letter unavailable.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Box fighter said:

When I went to get my ( tourist visa) stamp approved until the 28 th July, I asked if this would be the last they said I be ok until the end of September 

That is probably based upon the fact you will be applying for your next extension before July 29th when the current extension of the immigration order for them ends.

• Like 1

This has been happening at CW too, but only recently. When I went back to receive my confirmation stamp, the IO mentioned it again. I was surprised as they rarely say anything at all for the second stamp.  Sitting in the waiting area was a guy from NZ, when he went up they gave him the same spiel. "No more covid extensions."

Admittedly, I suspect they didn't expect people to use more than three as it is intended for "emergency" use only.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

This has been happening at CW too, but only recently. When I went back to receive my confirmation stamp, the IO mentioned it again. I was surprised as they rarely say anything at all for the second stamp.  Sitting in the waiting area was a guy from NZ, when he went up they gave him the same spiel. "No more covid extensions."

How did you last enter Thailand. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The government has just announced extension of emergency decree untill end of Sept (Oct 1).

The odds of 60 day covid extensions being issued during Aug & Sept has just increased (imo) if it was not almost a certainly already.

It's not that they are unavailable but that all of a sudden they are looking at your history and saying no more for you, leave or apply for the proper visa or extension.

Whereas before they didn't seem to care, fill out the form, stamp, and on your way.

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong but only that they may now be paying more attention.

• Like 1