Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The Delta variant should put the fear of (insert your favorite deity or deities) in everybody.

In the US, in States where vax rates are low (correlating nearly 100% with whom the State voted for in the 2020 Presidential Election) hospital ICUs are filling up with "20, 30, 40 year olds" (Missouri) and "children" (Mississippi).

With Delta, it isn't age or co-morbidities; it's everybody.

It's one heck of a flu isn't it?  

Of course I am being sarcastic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

That certainly is a possibility, however (not sure how long you have been in Thailand and how many funerals you attended) many Thais get cremated in their home town. So someone dying in BKK was often transported to home town for cremation and so on. I noticed that more then once. I am sure I am not the only one.

Besides if a temple cant handle it work will be shifted to an other temple. Bodies can be moved to where there is place to burn. Families want this done asap so i doubt they will only go to a select group of tempels.

I've been in Thailand 17 years and have attended many funerals. Allow me to speculate that if someone from let's say Nong Khai dies of covid in BKK that body would not be transported back to Nong Khai. I think, though I maybe wrong, that infected bodies will be cremated as soon as possible. When I said bodies are being moved around I was talking about BKK and surrounding provinces.

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

wow, so Anutins priority order is now clear

1. Officials (Government)

2. Hiso's

3. Middle class Thai

4. the rest Thai

5. migrants cheap labour

6. soi dogs

7. Farang Tourists (sandbox)

8. Farang living here

did I miss anyone

Yes your nationality and race takes precedence.  

• Haha 2

If the Czar had ordered 100 million quality vacines already, then the wait-time for delivery (aka the light at the end of the tunnel) would have at least started running.

But no such orders have been made ... so what exactly is the Czar's game plan?

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You are assuming its the official count or 80 or 90 deaths. Not something most here believe be to be true figure at all

You raise a good point.

if only there were someone with the resources to talk to temple staff citywide to ask about funeral numbers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In normal circumstances it is usually the custom to pick an auspicious day for the funeral rather than burn the body straight away. Bodies can lie interred for weeks and perhaps months if the family wishes (and can afford it).

I doubt this is the case with covid-19 fatalities.

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I've been in Thailand 17 years and have attended many funerals. Allow me to speculate that if someone from let's say Nong Khai dies of covid in BKK that body would not be transported back to Nong Khai. I think, though I maybe wrong, that infected bodies will be cremated as soon as possible. When I said bodies are being moved around I was talking about BKK and surrounding provinces.

I was talking pre covid, your probably right that covid has different rules. My experience was people from BKK being cremated in Ang Thong (not too far away)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You are assuming its the official count or 80 or 90 deaths. Not something most here believe be to be true figure at all

There are still people dying from other causes. Traffic accidents haven’t stopped completely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, law ling said:

If the Czar had ordered 100 million quality vacines already, then the wait-time for delivery (aka the light at the end of the tunnel) would have at least started running.

But no such orders have been made ... so what exactly is the Czar's game plan?

To hide in the bunker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mommysboy said:

One crumb of comfort for us unvaccinated is that the odds of becoming seriously ill/dying are probably much lower than official figures suggest. Still, I'd rather not run the gauntlet. 

Possibly but they also do projections for that too and Thailand does not fair well for that

https://covid19.healthdata.org/thailand?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Possibly but they also do projections for that too and Thailand does not fair well for that

https://covid19.healthdata.org/thailand?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

In the UK, it got up to 1000 deaths a day on 70,000 cases per day.

Roughly it is estimated that 180,000 people died covid related deaths and that natural ( non vaccine immunity) was about 20%- which would be about 13 million people, though it would more likely be at least 20 million as not everyone creates the type of antibodies they can test for, while other lose it quite quickly.

I'd guess about 1% mortality max, but of course if you are an infirm 80 year old, your risk rises dramatically, whereas a 5 year old has very little risk at all.

14 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

In the UK, it got up to 1000 deaths a day on 70,000 cases per day.

Roughly it is estimated that 180,000 people died covid related deaths and that natural ( non vaccine immunity) was about 20%- which would be about 13 million people, though it would more likely be at least 20 million as not everyone creates the type of antibodies they can test for, while other lose it quite quickly.

I'd guess about 1% mortality max, but of course if you are an infirm 80 year old, your risk rises dramatically, whereas a 5 year old has very little risk at all.

Yes but we are talking about Thailand and the post on real covid cases based on the model, if you are taking that as an indicator then in turn you would also have to take into account their indicator on deaths

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

PR Thai Government

The unused areas of Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports will be utilized for setting up field hospitals. The arrangement of another 7,000 beds was being made because of the current #COVID19 situation. The field hospital will open for service around August

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1415144022956384264

Better late than never I would say. Those beds would be filled now if it was available would be my guess.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

One crumb of comfort for us 'no vaccine no hopers' is that the odds of becoming seriously ill/dying are probably much lower than official figures suggest. Still, I'd rather not run the gauntlet, and it's pathetic that we're left putting on a brave face.

And yet, some say the real numbers of cases and deaths are much higher than the official numbers.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately I don't believe any of these reported infections and deaths.

However it appears that many here do by posting graphs and data. I feel sorry for those who swallow it without question. Surely there must be a little voice at the back of your mind saying these numbers are bull shirt.

• Haha 1