Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Families want this done asap so i doubt they will only go to a select group of tempels.

In normal circumstances it is usually the custom to pick an auspicious day for the funeral rather than burn the body straight away. Bodies can lie interred for weeks and perhaps months if the family wishes (and can afford it).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In normal circumstances it is usually the custom to pick an auspicious day for the funeral rather than burn the body straight away. Bodies can lie interred for weeks and perhaps months if the family wishes (and can afford it).

Your older then me probably have witnessed it more. But i been to a few deaths of people who lived in BKK but were cremated in other provinces. Because that is where there family lives. 

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Not that this is on topic, but Reagan's statement was silly. Read Michael Lewis' book "The Fifth Risk", and it makes Reagan's statement look as foolish as it was. Reagan was just pandering and appealing to willfully ignorant people needing confirmation bias.

The gist is that govt does things that are un-economic for any private sector firm, and all in all do those things surprisingly well, by people who put societal good over personal enrichment.

Now the Thai govt may not be quite so effective nor govt employees not as altrusitic, but my point is to point out the abject absurdity of Reagan's silly statement.

However, is it absurd in the use of it to describe this Government we are dealing with here in Thailand.  I think it is appropriate for what we are seeing and thus why I posted it. Yet we can agree to disagree based upon how it was initially used.

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let me speculate that since many infections are in clusters, temples within those clusters are having to deal with body disposal, whereas many temples outside the clusters aren’t busy.

This is not I would suggest the case rather I would posit that bodies are being move all over the place for cremation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

This is not I would suggest the case rather I would posit that bodies are being move all over the place for cremation. 

If the bodies were being dispersed to temples all over Bangkok, or to other provinces, you think that 80 or 90 deaths a day would clog up the entire mortuary system for Bangkok?

Much more likely that temples where there are high concentrations of infections are being hit by cremation requests from locals.

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Self Isolation will lend itself to under reporting of the true numbers.

This will play out well for the mass opening in 90 ? Days or so.

Expect the number of those confirmed as positive to start dropping rapidly from the moment self testing, and self Isolation kick in.

I don’t expect a drop from the effects of self isolation, I expect the numbers to flatten out.

At some point soon, we will see new admissions = discharges, which will tell us that the hospital system is maxed out. 

At the same time, new cases are also capped by the number of tests conducted. Unless there is more testing and more hospital beds, new case numbers will be capped.

• Haha 1