Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I just posted that for today's fatalities

83 Thai, 2 Myanmar, 1 each Laos and China

Cheers. I did just see that. I wonder if they were from the covid-19 prisons? For some reason I doubt this and I still think foreign worker deaths are being covered up.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Wednesday

Total: 9,309

https://scontent-sin6-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/217391866_10158140039897050_5848546511701478034_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=aKQ-yXZedKEAX9Hr-LL&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-3.xx&oh=f08d162e3bd0e4590ec1b6565ce9669a&oe=60F33666https://scontent-sin6-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/217147055_10158140039842050_4419395599490966629_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=rAOEz2Rni6wAX9HamY_&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.xx&oh=552c13588e64881669bc1d44b4e0de51&oe=60F2A77E

https://scontent-sin6-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/217032479_10158140039817050_5374601308236220907_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UtogHGPMmKwAX8wQW3V&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-3.xx&oh=0375a7702da80d8d6e046e5e6e7b95a8&oe=60F35237https://scontent-sin6-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p235x350/217612022_10158140039682050_5980676736171766698_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=wNGAFdS6IVsAX_mqb7d&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.xx&oh=cc2a0587210aa11b12f5e2b9ed7fc0c0&oe=60F2FAA3

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158140039942050

I was thinking people look at these numbers and forget that it's accruing with discharges from hospitals being aound 25 - 33% of those being diagnosed on a daily basis. Samut Sakhon is around 4,000 'official' infections a week. This is an undeniable crisis that the govt will do everything in it's power to make look better without actually making it better. It's unsustainable and out of control.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, rumak said:

Sorry to hear that .   You and I are on opposite sides of the vax narrative,  but we deal with each other

in a respectful manner.   In fact,  i certainly don't aim to persuade others to take or not take the "jab".

I and some others simply believe it is a personal decision ,  and try tried to present our thoughts , but we're not allowed to.     

I have always focused on the hypocrisy which i find so prevalent in so many areas.  As far as health,

WOW,  that industry is in the top 3 of my list.     ( much more than a few words needed to elaborate, and I am deleted for talking about it)

I have been misdiagnosed a number of times and thankfully have used my own judgement and readings to make decisions that saved me.   I was also once "saved"  by a newly developed drug, so

for that I thank the extremely rich industry ( i had to buy it in India to afford it though !)

If i knew you personally i would try to work out if there was any other way for you to overcome your condition.    never know..... and i am sure you would if you could.  

Best,   Rumak

Thanks @rumak be safe. My pancreas was killed off by to many steroids from the two 9 hour surgeries so that's what made me diabetic and created the auto immune issue I have.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

did he not pay for AZ - if he is paying then he entitled to chose what he is buying period 

Ok. Not paying but it's a school thing. Does he have a choice? Not sure. Let's end this one here smedly. Cheers.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now if only the few posters from Phuket, who make claims that Phuket needed to open because they were devastated unlike elsewhere, they might see and understand that it is not just Phuket that's suffering.  Weekly we keep making deliveries down the side sois to the families we adopted 1 year ago.

Phuket has been devastated in much the same way as many other parts of Thailand. A few of the "few" you allude to, I would hope, are not so naive that they think or believe any differently. Many here in Phuket have also been feeding the poor for over a year and fully recognise that it is a National tragedy and it is extremely heartening to see so many Thais as part of the support groups.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

I do believe "deplatformed" was his way of saying censored.  deleted.  and more !   I really prefer my one line whimsical posts , as i like humor more than debate.     

The "deplatform" referring to expressing certain not allowed opinions about covid let me into the area of diet as IMO....... it is so ridiculous to read such fervor about "protecting oneself"   from an audience which i believe , based on the recent super poll of 963 white males who looked like TV members,   72.4 % of them were not the picture of fitness that i would call healthy.   

The analogy of washing and waxing a car endlessly........ but never changing the oil comes to mind

sorry,  another leap maybe ?   hope i am not going to be "deplatformed"

Hmm, well this time I don’t have a clue what you are talking about. Nvm.

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. Not paying but it's a school thing. Does he have a choice? Not sure. Let's end this one here smedly. Cheers.

yes and thanks for sharing - it is all very useful information that will help everyone prepare

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I'll try and get this ball rolling I guess. I do plan to get vaccinated at some point, but if I get Covid before then well, my plan to survive it is...my immune system will handle it.

Underappreciated buy statistically valid advice for approximately 99% of people.

Lol, you’re replying to a guy that’s double dosed on Moderna and likes to troll about it.

btw, I’m in that 1% of people too. Don’t let many more in or the 1% will be full and we don’t want THAT 5555

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Lol, you’re replying to a guy that’s double dosed on Moderna and likes to troll about it.

Huh, a vaccine has become a status symbol. Never thought I'd see the day.

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

btw, I’m in that 1% of people too. Don’t let many more in or the 1% will be full and we don’t want THAT 5555

Are you in a high-risk group? Sorry. I don't know too about your personal situation other than I think you live in Phuket and my working assumption is that you're Singaporean. If that assumption is correct, could you take the short trip over there to get vaccinated?

14 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

How do you *know* you are in that %? A number  young Australians are in ICU right now as a result of their delta wave. Don't be too sure. Don't be too cocky...especially in Thailand, uninsured and unvaccinated. A positive result will end up costing you a  LOT of money. 

Just now, DavisH said:

How do you *know* you are in that %? A number  young Australians are in ICU right now as a result of their delta wave. Don't be too sure. Don't be too cocky...especially in Thailand, uninsured and unvaccinated. A positive result will end up costing you a  LOT of money. 

Don't let them test you is the answer.

• Like 1

Next Year?

The National Vaccine Committee approved the acquisition of 120 million doses of various kinds of COVID-19 vaccines next year. The approval responded to the present situation of COVID-19 mutation.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1415242237684813832

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the world's richest countries have been accused of hoarding vaccines for themselves. Thailand is now looking to regulate vaccine exports with a possible impact on its neighbours as they all battle the worst COVID wave

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-considering-regulating-volume-astrazeneca-vaccine-exports-health-2021-07-14/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pookondee said:

What about the simple possibility that theres been more deaths?

NOT due to Covid, but depression, alcoholism, mental illness, suicides, violence..

All brought on by lockdowns..

Lockdowns that the world has been trying now for 18 months, yet we all still have Covid in our countries..

As well as a massive amount of social issues, that we probably havent even realised the full potential of,

as yet.

There are more suicides. I think you don't understand the concept of lockdown. Its not to stop covid, its to slow it down so the health system does not get overloaded. Its the vaccines that do the work not lockdowns. 

There are countless social issues that the government should help with. That does not mean lockdowns are bad just means the goverment neglects to help the people affected. Just imagine the deaths if there were no lockdowns (India Brazil ect). 

But sure can't be denied that there will be more suicides, but that is because the government does not help those in need. In my country people get money if their business is affected that is how a lockdown should work. That is not the case in Thailand a lot of people don't get any help while the army still buys subs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Huh, a vaccine has become a status symbol. Never thought I'd see the day.

Are you in a high-risk group? Sorry. I don't know too about your personal situation other than I think you live in Phuket and my working assumption is that you're Singaporean. If that assumption is correct, could you take the short trip over there to get vaccinated?

High risk only that I’m 64. Other than that, no health issues, not over weight, exercise every day but gave up triathlons when I turned 60.

I looked into going back home, but the issue is quarantine on the way in there and then quarantine on the way back. Then doing it a second time of course. meantime my wife is stuck at our Udon house because of quarantine between there and Phuket, so I need to be here to look after my teenage daughter. I also looked at going to the UK and taking my daughter with me. But if I got stuck there because of changing travel conditions, my 3 month visa would run out. Seems too uncertain.

I’ll just chill out here, not too bothered about it tbh. I get my heart rate up enough posting here without worrying about Covid….

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

There are more suicides. I think you don't understand the concept of lockdown. Its not to stop covid, its to slow it down so the health system does not get overloaded. Its the vaccines that do the work not lockdowns. 

There are countless social issues that the government should help with. That does not mean lockdowns are bad just means the goverment neglects to help the people affected. Just imagine the deaths if there were no lockdowns (India Brazil ect). 

But sure can't be denied that there will be more suicides, but that is because the government does not help those in need. In my country people get money if their business is affected that is how a lockdown should work. That is not the case in Thailand a lot of people don't get any help while the army still buys subs.

Its not to stop covid, its to slow it down so the health system does not get overloaded.

I get your point, but the same approach was stated by Australia at the start.

No hospitals were ever inundated. In fact all sorts of surgeries and procedures were called off, for no reason.

Australia has endured many lockdowns, for the sake of under 10 cases in the whole country.

Lockdowns are all well and good, and it worked for Australia..

but the problem with that is..now they are are accepting a zero tolerance of any Covid at all..which is ridiculous.

The fact that Australia is the least hit country, yet with the most draconian of lockdowns, clearly means its a victim of its own success.

It cant be long before the people revolt.

If zero Covid obsession spreads to governments (like it has in Australia)

we are all going to be treated to a future that isnt even worth living at all.

Many countries have taken the hint that they cant stamp out Covid, and therefor must learn to live with it.

I suspect Thailand, now talking about opening in the latter part of the year, are starting to see it to.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Next Year?

The National Vaccine Committee approved the acquisition of 120 million doses of various kinds of COVID-19 vaccines next year. The approval responded to the present situation of COVID-19 mutation.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1415242237684813832

Nothing like waiting for the next wave, more silliness.