Phuket Sandbox is not closing and has actually been a success, set to generate billions of baht: govt

webfact

14 minutes ago, wasabi said:

The people running the show have shown a propensity for wildly unrealistic and inaccurate estimates.  The less any trends can be verified the more likely they are to falsify them. Their pride is on the line so the truth is last on the priority list.

Guess what?......I originally misread your post as "why would they lie".........realized and thought I had deleted the ???????...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I guess the question is WHOM was it a success for?

Certainly not a success for the local school kids after the order for all schools to close to help stop the spread of the virus

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

Even when Phuket airport was completely closed last year the website showed the same flights and listed all as canceled. 

This list is entirely inaccurate. The international flights (Eva, Philippines, Garuda, JAL, KLM, etc.) haven't been flying to Phuket for well over a year. Perhaps they still have their landing slots, but it's nuts that the airport continues to show these as cancelled since they were never scheduled to fly. Qatar flies four days a week. On the other three days the flights show as cancelled. Thai technology...

So if you live in Phuket maybe you have the opportunity to go and see how many planes they pose on a daily basis if the indications are correct in the airport panels, it would be interesting to report the reality.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Certainly not a success for the local school kids after the order for all schools to close to help stop the spread of the virus

Sadly but the kids always come last in this junta governments handling of the virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1