Thonburi Group deal to bring in ‘Pfizer’ vaccine “60 per cent” complete

webfact

19 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

"the remaining 40%"

Approval by SB and China?

I’d like to know the terms of China’s deal for SinoVac in Thailand.  Did they have a clause precluding western vaccines?  That would explain things.

• Thanks 2

Meanwhile in other news :

Germany BioNTech said on Thursday it was not in talks with Thonburi Healthcare Group Plc about a sale of its vaccines.

"We are not in negotiations with the company you mentioned below about vaccine supply," BioNTech said in an emailed statement to Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/biontech-denies-talks-with-thai-thonburi-healthcare-vaccine-supply-2021-07-15/

• Haha 2

It is pretty obvious that the govt' has some reason to stop any effective vaccines from entering the Kingdom.

If they can get passed the regs. to bring in that Sinovac <deleted> then there is no reason they can't bring in effective proven vaccines as well.

Seems that there is just not enough pocket money involved in bringing in effective vaccines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A deal by Thonburi Hospital Group to bring in Pfizer vaccines is now 60 per cent complete but there is still doubt over the government’s regulation, a representative from the Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) told Thai Enquirer on Thursday.

A deal is not a deal until it's delivered... stop this 60% negotiated rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Meanwhile in other news :

Germany BioNTech said on Thursday it was not in talks with Thonburi Healthcare Group Plc about a sale of its vaccines.

"We are not in negotiations with the company you mentioned below about vaccine supply," BioNTech said in an emailed statement to Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/biontech-denies-talks-with-thai-thonburi-healthcare-vaccine-supply-2021-07-15/

Once again more fake news from this incompetent government

• Like 1

In what other country can an importer seeking an approval not name the regulatory authority?

In what other country, with soaring pandemic infections and overloaded hospitals, can it put up barriers to bring in effective vaccines?

In what other country can a company declare it's got a deal with a foreign vendor that issues an unqualified denial of negotiations, never mind a deal? 

Un-bloody-believable.

• Like 2

Don't. Just don't.

Why print or pub!ish this?

60% is not complete. Let me know when it's complete and when the delivery date is. Perhaps then, it will be news.

My house is 60% sold, my car has lost 60% of what I bought it for. 

No one cares. 

• Like 1

I would think that if and it is a BIG IF they get any it will be for Thonburi registered patients only.

The government rightly or wrongly has to control the vaccines to make sure they are going to the THAI people that need them

60% complete gets you nothing and the 40% you need is the Government hoops which will be denied as no money or not enough money in it for the PM and his bagmen, he did a deal to produce AZ in Thailand but majority is for export not for his own country, why would someone running your country do that and not help your own first apart from greed and corruption he refused to put orders for vaccines early in the piece and surprise surprise did a deal with the devil to get Sinovax from the Chinese and we know how that worked out, 6% of all thais are fully vaccinated and some of that is with Sinovax,  

Once again, the government pretends urgency with procuring vaccines but the reality is the exact opposite.  Why isn't this already approved--never mind Thursday.  And, how's the Moderna order?  Still also mired in bureaucracy, I imagine.  

14 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Don't. Just don't.

Why print or pub!ish this?

60% is not complete. Let me know when it's complete and when the delivery date is. Perhaps then, it will be news.

My house is 60% sold, my car has lost 60% of what I bought it for. 

No one cares. 

This could be Thonburi Group's way of pressuring the government to follow through with its responsibilities.  If that doctor had not called Moderna a few weeks ago and publicized that the government, after months of assurances of action, never placed the vaccine order we probably would not have any import of mRNA vaccine.  The government is evidently against importing vaccines from the west (Why??!?) so there's probably some value to letting the public know that the ball is in the government's side of the court.