Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

Good news for Austrians in #Bangkok. The Austrian Embassy has just posted on Facebook to say that they’ve secured 100 doses of AstraZeneca. Please register today before 2pm. Appointments are at SCG HQ at 4pm. Good luck! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416246839783743491

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

90 days or so until this fool wants to open the entire country. The 14 day pseudo lockdown will not control this. I see that the CCSA is blaming increased spread on people breaking curfew but this is just deflection away from there own mishandling of the pandemic. I warned yesterday that an alcohol ban maybe likey. I feel the chances of this has increased. 

At least you have your priorities right. I believe those who have been infected with and by Covid 19 would gladly forego alcohol. 

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Is that the same as Pfizer? 

Yes, Pfizer.

Pfizer’s Covid-19 Vaccine Generated 10 Times More Antibodies Than China’s Sinovac Shot, Hong Kong Study Shows

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/07/16/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-generated-10-times-more-antibodies-than-chinas-sinovac-shot-hong-kong-study-shows/?sh=205df36d22b6

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ryane66 said:

No vaccines for elderly and vunerable but plenty

for Phuket and Pattaya so a handful of tourists can come.

Plenty of vaccines for Pattaya.? 

May you wake every morning for the rest of your life cringing with shame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Good news for Austrians in #Bangkok. The Austrian Embassy has just posted on Facebook to say that they’ve secured 100 doses of AstraZeneca. Please register today before 2pm. Appointments are at SCG HQ at 4pm. Good luck! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416246839783743491

Really will be an international super spreader event at SCG tomorrow. Aussies, kiwis, Americans, Canadians, Austrians. Come and get your dose of AZ which many countries are shunning, and pick up a strain of Covid while you are there. Don’t say the embassies don’t try to help. 

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has decided to close Chatuchak Market from July 16 to 29 in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003360

Yes, just as my GF was told and I saw posted on the news very quickly this am. Sad for the vendors who make a living off of selling stuff on the weekends.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There are de minimus cases in Phuket and many other provinces. Full lockdown in Bangkok and surrounding provinces and the Malaysia bordering provinces yes but the rest of the country no.

Could you explain what "de minimus" means.

Google failed to find a translation!

1 minute ago, rott said:

Plenty of vaccines for Pattaya.? 

May you wake every morning for the rest of your life cringing with shame. 

How will they open in September without a total vaccination. And yes vaccines are currently going to Pattaya. And who in their right mind will travel to Thailand now.

Chonburi, including Pattaya, now a dark red zone. 103FM radio station reported of the likeliehood that more vaccines will be diverted to the new dark red zones, as is already happening in existing dark red zones such as Bangkok and surrounding provinces.

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

On a day when these figures were announced,  It seems just a tad ghoulish to have TAT and other officials crowing about the “success” of the sandbox. It seems detached from reality.

Absolutely spot on detached from reality.

This group of megalomaniacs have  been in their own private sandbox for years with Im alright Jack leading the way.

Can only hope it turns to quick sand and they vanish without trace to be replaced with someone who at the least goes through the motions of caring for the people of this country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dan42 said:

... What do thais think about all this? I mean the people you talk with in a daily basis... Are they criticizing the government?

Yes, and have been for a long time. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tingtong said:

In my home country/EU, the new infections and deaths numbers only started to take a serious turn down after reached about 40% vaccination in the population.

Sadly Thailand is a very far cry from that level.

On the top, using a 50% efficacy Sinovac is more false hope than protection.

Right now, the outlook remains bleak, doesn't matter what the propaganda saying.

LA County in US even with high vaccination rates (61% partial vaccination and 69% full vaccination)  are now experiencing a 700% spike in positivity.

L.A. County’s coronavirus test positivity rate spikes nearly 700% in 1 month as delta variant circulates | KTLA

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Ramathibodi Hospital has announced the suspension of all elective surgery appointments and some ward services, with the exception of emergency cases, until further notice.

The suspensions are part of the three measures announced yesterday by Dr. Surasak Leela-udomlee, director of the hospital, citing that the soaring number of infections among the medical, which has now reached about 300, and the hospital’s overwhelming workload taking care of about 1,000 hospitalized COVID-19 patients, 350 patients in home isolation and 200 others waiting to be admitted for treatment.

The third measure is the scaling down of out-patient examination and telemedicine services and postal deliveries of medicine

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ramathibodi-hospital-suspends-some-services-as-300-medics-infected-with-covid-19/

Why in Gods name have 300 medical Staff become infected.

Sorry, I forgot about all the diverted Vaccines that went to Phuket. Vaccines that should have been for protection of these Medical Staff, not a Somtam seller in some Soi in Phuket Town.

What are these Madmen thinking of.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

How will they open in September without a total vaccination. And yes vaccines are currently going to Pattaya. And who in their right mind will travel to Thailand now.

Wherever it is they are going they seem to be staying there. 

Total (2 jabs) vaccination by September.? Well I admire your confidence but don't forget it was supposed to be completed by August for the Cobra Gold RnR. 

in my humble opinion i think the 10,000 daily infections has been there for a number of days as the testing is shameful this time next week i expect the daily infections to be upwards of 12,000 per day . i notice that the big chiefs in government are keeping very quiet the past few days 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

There aren't 3 million expats in Thailand.  Wikipedia, for example, gives a figure of 200,000.

Does that include the expats from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia?They are expats too or do we just call them migrant workers?

According to the TAT report, the 36-year-old man had been tested for Covid-19 and had taken the second dose of vaccine in Bangkok before he left the capital for work to the island, where the Samui Plus Model scheme was launched on Thursday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003363

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Migrant workers/illegal immigrants are the correct terms

Not all those from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and so on are migrant workers.  Their are Retirees's from those countries as well as Business owners amongst them like many expats here own businesses.  Once again you cut between black and white and do not look in the gray area now do you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why in Gods name have 300 medical Staff become infected.

Sorry, I forgot about all the diverted Vaccines that went to Phuket. Vaccines that should have been for protection of these Medical Staff, not a Somtam seller in some Soi in Phuket Town.

What are these Madmen thinking of.

Possibly not vaccinated, but more likely an Indonesian situation where Sinovac failed to prevent infection. Hopefully it prevents severe symptoms.

AZ is still being given out as a first dose in Phuket and when I went yesterday there were people seemingly aged between 20 and 90. No discernible bias toward the old that I could see. Maybe the young ones were medical workers, but I somehow doubt it.

• Like 2

Germany has just added Thailand to their “basic risk areas” list. This means that from Sunday you may need to do quarantine for ten days if you’re not fully vaccinated. Full information here: https://rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile… #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1416262432104718336

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not all those from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and so on are migrant workers.  Their are Retirees's from those countries as well as Business owners amongst them like many expats here own businesses.  Once again you cut between black and white and do not look in the gray area now do you.

Oh yeah, we are all the same , I forgot