Thailand reports again record high of 11,784 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

41 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

Has anybody heard how Staphanie is after being ordered out of her Hotel and into Quarantine.  A fine display of "thank you for coming but now you are fkd"  These turkeys know only how to undermine and destroy, there should be a day reckoning for thesr plicks.

The day is coming.

16 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Well, she decided to travel knowing the rules, or should have known the rules. So it was her risk.

Personally I think anyone traveling under the sandbox scheme is nuts. But it’s up to folks what they choose to do. Can’t really complain it it all goes wrong.

and no, I haven’t heard how she is, nor would I expect to do so. She wasn’t ill, just had to go through 2 weeks quarantine I believe. Assuming we are talking about the same Stephanie.

Its interesting people taking the risk to come to Phuket. I am of the same opinion as you, its just not worth it and especially if you have children with you.

BUT, this evening I had to pick up my 13 year old daughter from a birthday party at Centara Resort near Karon. Its a SHA approved hotel, while waiting outside in reception area and also in my car waiting I saw at least 50 - 60 real tourists, most of them couples with very young children, all pure white skin so obviously here to get a tan, I was surprised to say the least.

On the drive back to Cherng Talay I had to go through Patong, it was also buzzing with tourists, not busy but definitely a difference from how it was before the sandbox.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its interesting people taking the risk to come to Phuket. I am of the same opinion as you, its just not worth it and especially if you have children with you.

BUT, this evening I had to pick up my 13 year old daughter from a birthday party at Centara Resort near Karon. Its a SHA approved hotel, while waiting outside in reception area and also in my car waiting I saw at least 50 - 60 real tourists, most of them couples with very young children, all pure white skin so obviously here to get a tan, I was surprised to say the least.

On the drive back to Cherng Talay I had to go through Patong, it was also buzzing with tourists, not busy but definitely a difference from how it was before the sandbox.

I think there are about 6k tourists here now, probably most in Kata, Karon and Patong, so I suppose there must be people out and about. 50 or 60 in one place at one time is more than I would expect though. I assumed they would be scattered around with a few at many hotels.

Coming as a family seems risky but I do think tour operators are plugging Phuket fairly hard. Looking at some the sites advertising holidays in Phuket I can see why some people come. I see that the tour operators often say they will do the COE paperwork for you. Which helps.  Perhaps people don’t go into the detail.

Talking to my sister yesterday, she is on holiday in Jersey at the moment and had to be tested before leaving, tested on arrival and again after 8 days. The tests were free and she thought nothing of it. It seems getting tested is such a routine matter in England that it’s of no consequence. She went on the boat with her car, so didn’t have to worry about people on her flight testing positive.

I have to say I haven’t seen much change in Kata, but I only go there in the mornings to walk on the beach. There were what looked like half a dozen or so tourists having breakfast on the outside terrace of one hotel on the beach front, but I don’t see that any shops opened up.

down in Nai Harn and Rawai I don’t see any change really. But it never shut down completely like Kata, Karon, Patong.

Traffic usually tells a story and I don’t see any change in that.

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hospitals full, being forced to turn away sick covid patients with more now dying at home as a result. 

Not being given the chance to recover because there are no medical facilities is now a reality here in Thailand daily. Together with the unreported deaths in Thailand then a repeat of what is now happening in Indonesia is almost inevitable.

On the 12th July a semi lockdown was introduced to dark red zones but these half baked approaches do not work with Delta, either it do it effectively or prepare for mass deaths worse than could ever be imagined just a few weeks ago.

11,784 positive cases today with 100 of those from prisons, 81 deaths

Rolling 7 day average (up to 17th July only) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 19 july.png

data 19 july 2.png

Please can you confirm that most people who die are old and/or obese as anywhere else in the world ?

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Details of Thailand deaths due to Covid such as high and low ages, median age etc, are posted daily on this thread. You can look back if really interested and not just baiting, as I suspect is the case.

Sorry, I can't find, so how many people who are not old and / or obese die daily please ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

Sorry, I can't find, so how many people who are not old and / or obese die daily please ?

And this is your other current post in another Thai news topic.... Bit sad.

But why people get covid ? they do not know how to wear a mask all the time ?

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And this is your other current post in another Thai news topic.... Bit sad.

But why people get covid ? they do not know how to wear a mask all the time ?

sorry I do not understand ? what's wrong ? do you get covid when you wear a mask all the time ? so maybe it could be useless to wear it ? Or I do not understand. I am not old and obese, and I wear my mask 100% of the time, I am just wondering if I am really safe or if governments around the world are lying to me ? please reply to help.

• Sad 2

Proof from AZ that the Thai government is not being truthful about the vaccines, AZ only committed to 5 - 6 million doses, and that the Thai gov't  blew their opportunity with bad decision making last September. : 

"Leaked letters show AstraZeneca vaccine commitment not as Thailand claimed"

https://news.yahoo.com/leaked-letters-show-astrazeneca-vaccine-142612311.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The part of the sentence where Dr Opart added that measures would “gradually intensify until the situation is under control”, spells out one of the reasons why Thailand is in such a poor state now. Incremental measures, introduced only when the situation worsens, absolutely guarantees that you are behind the virus every step of the way. It creates a lengthy period of restrictions that never seem to work because the virus is running away from you faster than you can catch up.

the sad part is, even now, a supposed expert doesn’t seem to get that. Maybe I am doing him a disservice and he was taken out of context, but to me it goes to the heart of the flaw in the governments policy response.

I wonder sometimes if it's the same as UK was. The doctors and scientists advise but the politicians make the policy. Maybe the DDC and CCSA are screaming for action to be done behind closed doors but do not get the final say, that's down to the PM. 

19 hours ago, keith101 said:

Australia has locked down the country again with no entry for anyone with just over 100 new cases daily and Thailand with now over 11,000 new daily cases is opening up to tourists you have to wonder what the mentality of this Government is .

Boris is opening Britain with 50000 cases a day, maybe Prayut is copying, but he can't copy the vaccination numbers. 

A few doctors saying this could cause cases to spike to 100k per day, madness prevails. 

Take your vitamin D and C, and try to stay safe. 

Were worried about family back in NZ, and how they will get vaccinated in the Thai mess, expats in the same boat, something has to give, opening up the country with hospitals full sure looks fine, I wonder if you will get priority from you insurance policy, or be sent to a hotel for treatment, after all they have no room now in hospitals????? 

8 hours ago, rabas said:

Infection, hospitalization, and death are all binary outcomes. Many studies measure the efficacy of all three and report them separately. Hospitalization and death are measures of severity.

You could also define more levels of severity like ICU, intubation, even 'above average severity'.  What you will find is all vaccines are helpful, but all vaccines are not the same.

As you say, they are all useful. I'll add that none of them "suck," as so often is written here.

Some are better than others, of course, but any of them is miles better than no vaccine at all.