Supermarkets can't open on alternate days, more measures at fresh food markets, NSC/CCSA chief

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

One that supermarkets should open on alternate days he rejected because supermarkets were necessary for people's everyday needs. 

This was a bad idea because it would concentrate more people going at the same time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Measures to stop the spread of infection at fresh food markets or "talad sot" in Thailand were also to be stepped up. 

These were recognised as places where many people congregated often without proper social distancing so more stringent measures needed to be discussed with those responsible for the markets.

Went to my local talat sot this morning, needed some more veggies... the lady filled my bag with what I needed and as she took my money she sprayed it with a cleanser... that was a first.

But when I took a quick ride home with a win taxi-motorbike he did exactly the same... 

must be getting bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Let’s hope he doesn’t listen to the hysterical doom mongers and as much as possible is kept open. 

Lets hope he doesn't listen to the nay-sayers and keeps things escalating.

3 hours ago, rwill said:

This was a bad idea because it would concentrate more people going at the same time.

and dropping hints that supermarkets and markets "could" be restricted / closed in the near future will cause which reaction in the public ??

7 hours ago, webfact said:

One that supermarkets should open on alternate days he rejected because supermarkets were necessary for people's everyday needs. 

Whoever suggested that had a major intellectual embolism.

Some idiots really do exemplify the quote “its better remain silent and have people suspect you are stupid than to speak up and remove all doubt".... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Can't , not allowed, ban, But why doesn't Government think for solutions.. maximum number people in the store, one out, new one in. restaurants open with enough space between table and not more than 2 people at 1 table. Think in solutions. In the Netherlands I know people had to make an appointment before they went to the supermarket.  Convenient no.... but it worked.

Makro in Kamphaeng Phet has been doing that for quite a while. You still have to sign in and the security guy takes your temperature. He then clicks a button and the number on the screen gets incremented. When you leave through another door another counter counter clocks you out on the screen so that they can see at a glance roughly how many people are in the store.

4 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

This is all very simple, one way systems and number restricted entries to all supermarkets and markets. One way in or out and a guy with a counter is all that is needed. Surely even in Thailand they could implement this system?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chalawaan said:

The locals can barely afford supermarkets. I paid B325 for 340g tinned NZ corned beef, and the sodium content alone was cause for further regret.

Locals don't buy corned beef.

Since we have a Makro some years ago the markets and local shops in the district town suffer heavy.

The mom&pop shop owners storm Makro and pile up heavy on flatbed carts.

Stuff that they bought at local distributors in the past.

Printing their bills takes endless. Five digit amounts.

Food vendors buy chicken and pork in huge amounts at Makro.

Much less business for the markets.

More business for Dollar billionaires.

Edited by KhunBENQ

46 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Locals don't buy corned beef.

Since we have a Makro some years ago the markets and local shops in the district town suffer heavy.

The mom&pop shop owners storm Makro and pile up heavy on flatbed carts.

Stuff that they bought at local distributors in the past.

Printing their bills takes endless. Five digit amounts.

Food vendors buy chicken and pork in huge amounts at Makro.

Much less business for the markets.

More business for Dollar billionaires.

Makro is much safer and cleaner than the mom and pop shops.

I wouldn't touch the meats they sell at the local outdoor markets either.  No refrigeration and covered in flies.  Definitely cross contamination and I've never seen soap in the filthy markets shared bathroom area.

We do get our fruits and vegetables though.  I try and not think about the huge amount of pesticides they use.

18 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Let’s hope he doesn’t listen to the hysterical doom mongers and as much as possible is kept open. 

I agree....It would be hard to explain in a rational way, how reducing the time allotted for food shopping, instead of expanding to 24/7, would help in viral transmission reduction. The opposite effect, crowding and increasing panic, seem like the actual outcome.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, DaLa said:

If it's a free for all with suggestions then I've got one they use frequently in France :

Supermarkets on the Left hand side of the road can open between the 1st and 15th  of the month, those on the Right Hand side can open between the 16th  and end of the month.

Here's another.  November last year  everything was open, life carried on . Number of new daily cases counted on fingers and toes , deaths constant at 50 (ish).  Today, lock down, restaurants, bars, pools , gyms, massage all closed, talk of closing  supermarkets.  Daily cases 10k+ fatalities 100+.

Conclusion: revert to November 2020 strategy.

I believe that this is not a joke. But there is a serious flaw in your argument. The big difference in circumstances is that we have a different strain of Covid here now that is much more virulent than the strain here in November 2020. You haven't considered that fact in your argument.