Red Bull Boss: Police general allegedly involved in falsifying vehicle speeds, claims Thai media

webfact

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

You guys appear to have overlooked something that may prove vital to the outcome,  "dropped charges that were subsequently reintroduced by Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha after the backlash"

After reading this I have to ask myself, "what's the angle?"

Everything He's touched or got involved with is because he's making something of it!

Purely a publicity stunt as with the latest business over the submarines. Plus ca change.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Another face, another committee another waste of time.

More like another snout at the trough.  Apparently, it's another general's turn to solicit brown envelopes to drag it out.

Hope I'm proven wrong, but I wouldn't take odds.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

You guys appear to have overlooked something that may prove vital to the outcome,  "dropped charges that were subsequently reintroduced by Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha after the backlash"

After reading this I have to ask myself, "what's the angle?"

Everything He's touched or got involved with is because he's making something of it!

How can you keep shaking a family down if there are no pending charges?  This debacle can be the gift that keeps on giving until the statute of limitations runs down.

The ultimate irony would be shaking them down until a week before the statute runs out, then extraditing him.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, impulse said:

...  The ultimate irony would be shaking them down until a week before the statute runs out, then extraditing him.

Aah, the bucks stop here.  Or the final payment will be a blockbuster. Payback in either case.

Edited by Damrongsak

18 hours ago, edwinchester said:

People are boycotting Food Panda after they became upset over an alleged dismissal....I wonder if there'll be a boycott of Red bull product over this carryon?

I've been saying for years, a boycott of Red Bull products would soon have the rest of the family queueing at the nearest police station with the brat's current address. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Rubbish all they have to do is follow the money, and check which senior officer was involved in blocking attempts of finding him, there is where the answers will be.

Never going to happen...rules for the rich and rules for the not so rich!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candide said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Red notices database check is standard routine at immigration controls so anyone subject to such a notice is likely to be arrested at incoming airport or other computerised checkpoint. That's how most people are caught".

Only if the police in that country want to arrest him, they are not compelled to do that.  Vorayuth is not wanted in any country except Thailand.    Red notices (any notices) are advisory, that's all.

"So if boss has not been arrested it means that either there was no red notice, or he did not cross borders".

No, it does not mean that!   It simply means that the police chose not to arrest him, after all, he's not wanted, nor has committed any crime in that country.  Interpol notices are notices, not instructions, and Interpol does not control how member police forces operate.

Expand  

They don't have to but they usually

do. You don't know what you are talking about. Plenty of people have been arrested at airport, just to be extradited. Not because they committed a crime in the country where they have been controlled.

I do know what I'm talking about, it's you that doesn't understand what I've been saying.

Some people do get arrested following Interpol notices being issued, but not everyone, it depends on what they've been charged with, amongst other things.   Whether to arrest them is up to the police force in the country they are trying to enter (or have already entered) and the police there can use their discretion, which is what they do.   Interpol notices are advisory, they are not mandatory.

An extradition request, which is very specific, would also have to be made to the government of that country by the RTP and agreed to by that country before the subject was sent anywhere.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, colinneil said:

Rubbish all they have to do is follow the money, and check which senior officer was involved in blocking attempts of finding him, there is where the answers will be.

The rubbish is on your side!

Already long time before, he has opened an account in a foreign country, maybe Switzerland, under the name XYZ, but not his own. A large amount is resting there. Then he takes off money by cash, visa or/and any other card. For him: problem solved.

And there are more ways to receive father's money.  I.e., friends transfer cash to him, etc. etc.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do know what I'm talking about, it's you that doesn't understand what I've been saying.

Some people do get arrested following Interpol notices being issued, but not everyone, it depends on what they've been charged with, amongst other things.   Whether to arrest them is up to the police force in the country they are trying to enter (or have already entered) and the police there can use their discretion, which is what they do.   Interpol notices are advisory, they are not mandatory.

An extradition request, which is very specific, would also have to be made to the government of that country by the RTP and agreed to by that country before the subject was sent anywhere.

all very good if a notice has actually been raised and issued ........

Edited by Artisi
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Right, I forgot about the extradition request. There may be a red notice but without any extradition request, it would be useless.

2 hours ago, puck2 said:

The rubbish is on your side!

Already long time before, he has opened an account in a foreign country, maybe Switzerland, under the name XYZ, but not his own. A large amount is resting there. Then he takes off money by cash, visa or/and any other card. For him: problem solved.

And there are more ways to receive father's money.  I.e., friends transfer cash to him, etc. etc.

I rather think he means check irregularities/windfalls in the wealth of those "involved" in the case, rather than the cashflow of the Brat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mancub said:

I rather think he means check irregularities/windfalls in the wealth of those "involved" in the case, rather than the cashflow of the Brat.

Such as borrowed expensive watches 

On 7/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Ralf001 said:

Utter pish.

There will be little to no evidence of such a trail to follow.

Probably true, with decades of experience there's little doubt the RTP have invented/devised/perfected many ways to pass bribes (incl., big bribes) inside Thailand and internationally, all with no trail whatever.

Additionally there must be international systems to pass big bribes/sweeteners across the world with no trail, all providing good examples for Thailand's 'finest' to follow.

Along with the above, those involved will never speak up because they would incriminate themselves and their buddies, and seriously embarrass their families for such very serious crimes, all carrying punishments of decades in jail, removal of their family assets and more.

Are you surprised? 

31 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Probably true, with decades of experience there's little doubt the RTP have invented/devised/perfected many ways to pass bribes (incl., big bribes) inside Thailand and internationally, all with no trail whatever.

Additionally there must be international systems to pass big bribes/sweeteners across the world with no trail, all providing good examples for Thailand's 'finest' to follow.

Along with the above, those involved will never speak up because they would incriminate themselves and their buddies, and seriously embarrass their families for such very serious crimes, all carrying punishments of decades in jail, removal of their family assets and more.

Are you surprised? 

Nailed it, exactly why I say utter pish to that other post.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:35 AM, mtls2005 said:

Look, just save everyone time and money and admit the Thai justice system is biased and favors the rich. Or is used by those in power, to maintain their power.

Stop Thai bashing - you don't think EVERY justice system the world over operates in the same way ?

Asked my lawyer this years ago - his response -

"I went to LAW school, not JUSTICE school"

6 minutes ago, rodknock said:

so according to that news the pm can not be investigated as there are no other pm,s of equal rank.

Nothing to investigate - squeaky clean - just ask him, he'll put you right.....