Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

Covax to save the day? Really ? Once again Thailand will be late in the queue !

The producers of vaccines have long established  contractual obligations that esoteric considerations  of legalized commitment to surpass humanitarian ethics (and primary focus on profit)...

One  Government of  declared  wealth  contracted  450% of actual population need of (at that time)  developing  vaccine  whereas Thailand  defied  even practical precaution and advice and initially  procrastinated.

Then versus now  has demonstrated a confused  global inequity that the "Delta"  variant has  added a component of added complication.

Current  dissemination of  assertions as to superior efficacy or less is un-established in fact while the world is being pummeled as the commercial market plays the usual game.

The  very real and scary risk is that given the global proliferation of this Delta  variant that it increases the chances another even worse variant is more likely to develop in any highly un-vaccinated population .

Thailand is experiencing a comparative exponential increase in detected infections ( no doubt there are some who near orgasmic pleasure at the use of the word) which may continue as this virus  evolves to invade the most vulnerable of every and any sector of society.

Philosophical debate about the ramifications in the end result of this pandemic from a generic societal point of view is in real terms less important than that of the intent of global social engineers and opportunist war mongers in the shadows !

Hence my statement that it might be a game changer in 6-12 months time. Everything is too late for this year. Lockdowns, orders of Pfizer, covax,  it’s all too late for this wave imho. This wave has to be toughed out, it’s the wave  after this one that Pfizer orders and covax might help with. Just my personal speculation.

44 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

The deaths always lag the cases by 3+ weeks, and cases have just started on the logarithmic path now. So your "not really growing" statement is a little premature, and given the delta variant and almost no vaccinations, I suspect that death rate will increase considerably over the next month. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

Yup, to say that deaths are not really growing, is just nonsense. For most of last year there might be 1 death a day, often none. So how can it not be growing since then? And only a month ago 50 deaths was a “norm”. Now it’s double that.

just a silly thing to say.

Think new high of covid infections going to happen Thursday in Thailand. In north east anyway, what have heard in Khon Kaen was already over 300 infected and counting Loei had new record 73..... and so one.

We see when they tell wednesday's numbers. 

20 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Wow lost for words but again no surprise. I still would like to know the true numbers in Thailand.

3700 odd in hospital critical care. 

How many off them die, in a week? If half then about 1800 a week a possibility, then add a unknown factor of people that are dieing in villages and then there is a possibility that 2000 a week could be happening, but that's just a guess, we'll find out sooner or later. India openly admitted they did not know the true death toll because of the unrecorded pick up of people in villages they said the real toll could be up to 10 x higher, that was reported on the India Today news. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Source and/or supporting calculations?

But yes. I agree that it is much better to vaccinate.

Here is a bit of useful information. 

India is reporting that 62 % of the population now have Covid antibodies, they have a very low vaccination completion rate of about 13 %. Source India today news. 

So to me that looks like herd immunity is happening without being vaccinated, I hope this will be a trend that continues, and a sign that we're on the way out of this naturally. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

A post with a link to an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

The replies were removed as well.