Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

Female tutor, 39, who got AstraZeneca as 2nd jab after Sinovac, dies

A tutor given the Sinovac vaccine as her first jab died after receiving AstraZeneca as her second jab in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Tuesday.

The dead woman’s husband, Saksit Dujwan, 44, said both he and his wife received AstraZeneca as their second jab on Monday after previously being given Sinovac as the first jab.

He said his wife got a headache and cold on Monday but these seemed to ease on Tuesday morning. However, he found his wife dead in her room at 7pm on Tuesday and decided to call an ambulance.Saksit insisted that his wife’s body now undergo a thorough examination.

_GnWLbeh?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003542

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 7

During curfew last night, 5,047 vehicles went through toll gates on Highway 7 and 7,655 on Highway 9. By far the majority were trucks transporting goods. But there were also a number of cars. It’s not known how many didn’t have permission to travel during curfew #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417712513207005184

This photograph of patients presumed to be infected with Covid-19 being treated outside Saraburi Hospital went viral on Wednesday.

The image, shared by Facebook user Manita Thodpetch, drew 116 comments and over 13,000 shares.

In the post, Manita advised the government to urgently manage Thailand’s Covid-19 caseload, as the situation will lead the country to doom.

However, Saraburi Hospital director Dr Thamrongsak Kongmun dismissed the allegation, saying the area outside the hospital was being used as a screening point for patients to see if they have contracted Covid-19 before they are taken inside for treatment.

Photo of makeshift patient screening point in Saraburi sparks ire

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003543

• Like 1

A record 13,002 new patients and 131,411 #COVID19 patients in care. 81,570 are in hospitals & 49,841 are in field hospitals. 3,786 patients are in a serious condition & 879 are on ventilators. Since the pandemic started, 439,477 people have been infected & 3,610 died #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417715976477495296

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Seriously? Certain parts of Thailand, like Bangkok, are certainly locked down. I haven't left home for a week other than for a couple of runs to 7-11 and once to drive to Central for groceries.

There is absolutely nothing to do, and I am pretty sure that the current measures are stricter than anything that was put in place in my home city of Vancouver - a city which has now contained Covid to the point that masks are no longer required. Stricter lockdowns aren't necessarily the answer.

Hard to say, in the sense that even on this forum there are people that live in Bangkok and go to work, travel to other provinces, visit shopping malls, and that is purportedly the area of strictest lockdown. Your own personal daily living is driven more by your own personal sense of necessary care, rather than an enforced mode of daily living.

the issue may not be stricter restrictions, but enforcement of current restrictions, or better thought out restrictions that are then enforced.

so ya, I’m still not sure Thailand has a lockdown, because I don’t see even the current rules being applied consistently. But just think how much cash you are saving, once this is done with you can spend, spend, spend and go crazeee. 5555

i didn’t realize you are Canadian, i worked for a Canadian company for 20+ years…..so I speak some Canadian. No wonder I understand you.

1 minute ago, James105 said:

If you owned a business here or worked for a business that has been forced to close, and you now found yourself on zero income with no way to buy food or pay your rent, with no prospects of this changing soon or even any light at the end of the tunnel, I suspect you might have noticed a difference between today and Monday.   

Go back and read my original post. I simply said I'm in a dark red zone not much change here. For clarity I could have said this wk post pseudo lockdown tightening and last wk pseudo lockdown no real difference.

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

The recent course of the Pandemic in Thailand has made me absolutely convinced that last year the Thais conducted a massive cover up of the real Covid situation in Thailand by testing at one of the lowest rates globally...sometimes there were only 2,000 tests in a country of 70,000,000.

The defence was always that “you would see bodies in the street”, “the morgues would be overflowing”, “it would be all over social media”.

Well right now we are probably at 30,000 cases per day as a bare minimum (in reality). Deaths are probably at 200 per day in reality as a bare minimum. But the hospitals are not overflowing, the morgues are not overflowing and their are not bodies in the streets and social media is not flooded with such stories (I note there are some stories but not flooded with them).

Thailand could of easily had 2,000 or 3,000 cases per day last year and no one would of known about it. The above indicators would t of happened. They are barely happening now even at 30,000 cases per day (probably much higher than that in reality).

This is it but think your numbers are conservative. It can easily be passed off as pneumonia and deaths per given area is not excessive. Add them all up however and you get big numbers.

In the UK at its worse, you wouldn’t have known the difference. Aside from care homes and the very old, People weren’t dying en masse, no bodies in streets, no mass coughing and spluttering, hospitals (bar covid wards) very quiet. You're talking something like one in 200 that might have it, many of which have little to no symptoms. 

Just saying. Unless a state has a catch-all, transparent testing/health system (WHERE YOU KNOW FOR SURE WHATS ACTUALLY GOING ON), you will not know the numbers. Hate seeing Thais suffer and Probably sound like a stuck record, but look who’s running the place, levels of competence and need to save face.

• Like 1

More field hospitals and community isolation programs are being set up in Pathum Thani, to help accommodate the rising number of COVID patients, as many field hospitals are reportedly full, especially with patients from the cluster at “Talaad Thai”. https://thaip.bs/FLffKzH

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A record 13,002 new patients and 131,411 #COVID19 patients in care. 81,570 are in hospitals & 49,841 are in field hospitals. 3,786 patients are in a serious condition & 879 are on ventilators. Since the pandemic started, 439,477 people have been infected & 3,610 died #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417715976477495296

The number of positive cases from proactive testing increased by 800 or so from yesterday, accounting for much of the increase in new cases today. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous overreaction. It works, certainly better than the sinovac. Tens of thousands of people on our jobsite are the living proof, as are the drastically reduced cases. In this situation it is absolutely necessary to make all options available to the population. 

There is only one reason why it has not been approved here, a brown envelope. 

I’m sorry, but the brown envelope seems a little trite in its use in your post. Much more likely is the issue that the vaccine hasn’t been approved by WHO as yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Your own personal daily living is driven more by your own personal sense of necessary care, rather than an enforced mode of daily living.

I cannot agree with this. I am pretty famously not at all afraid of Covid and so don't really feel the need to take a ton of non-mandatory precautions. However because of enforced impositions on my life, I'm unable to eat at restaurants, work in cafes, or go (non-grocery) shopping at malls.

If those things were open, best believe I would be doing them. Ergo, my life is noticeably different under these restrictions.

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

i didn’t realize you are Canadian, i worked for a Canadian company for 20+ years…..so I speak some Canadian. No wonder I understand you.

Yeah lol. I was born and raised in Vancouver. Maybe of interest to you is that my parents immigrated-ish from Malaysia in the early 90s to have kids, so I do have heritage and insight in this part of the world : P.

17 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

He specified that the very many contaminations without lethal consequences constituted as many immunized people progressing towards collective immunization.

I fully share this opinion while regretting like everyone that this immunity is not produced by vaccination.

It doesn't matter because the next variant will laugh at naturally acquired immunity. 

The only way to stop this virus is vaccination. 

Please do not use this post to engage in attacks on Sinovac, it just confuses the anti-Vaxxers. 

2 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

What; your original comment was that despite the current restrictions you have noticed very little change in life during the day.

In order for that comment to be true, you must either be not doing many things that some of us enjoy (for example eating in restaurants or visiting the cinema), or you must be doing them illegally (in which case please share how you are getting away with this, because I want to do it too).

I'm simply talking about day to day life where I am. It was a simple comment of observation. I am not in a tourist region. Don't get me wrong I am absolutely furious at that useless idiot at the top. Most of us saw this coming. That empty head at the top said some risks must be taken. It was a gamble and a bad one. Business, people the entire economy is ##### because of this gamble. We are all suffering one way or another and of course thousands have lost their lives due to absolute and complete idiocy that borders on criminal.

6 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Decidedly you would also like to impose your diktat on those who wish to visit a lodging before moving.

Forum policeman, champion of unique thinking, you should rather ask questions about yourself and this need to lecture all those who do not share your point of view.

Hmm, continuing in that policeman mode, do you know that it is against forum rules to edit another’s post in order to change its meaning? Now you do.

now, have you yet worked out how to justify the statement you previously supported that, Covid deaths in Thailand haven’t really grown much? I’m still waiting to hear from you on that.

and funny thing is, as I review our little back and forth of posts, I don’t actually see I have stated any of my views, other than some general observations on the current situation in Bangkok. So it seems you don’t really know my views and therefore don’t know if I share yours or not.

you see, there are facts, and there are views. Stating facts does not necessarily confer any particular view. They are simply facts.

anyway, focus on that “deaths haven’t grown much” thing first. Let’s see you justify that little item and then we can move on from there can’t we?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

He specified that the very many contaminations without lethal consequences constituted as many immunized people progressing towards collective immunization.

I fully share this opinion while regretting like everyone that this immunity is not produced by vaccination.

Isn’t this a double post? Or did you mean to say something else?

Out of 11,922 local cases (outside of prisons), most in

Bangkok - 2,921

Samut Sakhon - 932

Nonthaburi - 661

Samut Prakan - 656

Chonburi - 636

Chachoengsao - 374

Pathum Thani - 350

Rayong - 305

Pattani - 282

Ayutthaya - 235

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417724933761691651

• Thanks 2

TIMELINE: Pattaya, Si Racha and Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://tpnnational.com/2021/07/21/timeline-pattaya-si-racha-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-the-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I cannot agree with this. I am pretty famously not at all afraid of Covid and so don't really feel the need to take a ton of non-mandatory precautions. However because of enforced impositions on my life, I'm unable to eat at restaurants, work in cafes, or go (non-grocery) shopping at malls.

If those things were open, best believe I would be doing them. Ergo, my life is noticeably different under these restrictions.

Yeah lol. I was born and raised in Vancouver. Maybe of interest to you is that my parents immigrated-ish from Malaysia in the early 90s to have kids, so I do have heritage and insight in this part of the world : P.

Hmm, I can see the restaurants and cafes are a restriction. 50:50 on whether it’s enough to be a lockdown. But then again, one mans lockdown is another’s excuse not to spend money.

interesting, I went the other way, born in England, moved to Singapore and took up Singaporean citizenship. Now i go through the Alien channel at LHR, while my daughter breezes through the British subjects green lane.

• Like 1

The CCSA is considering closing ten more places and businesses in the dark red zone such as: stadiums, swimming pools, sports fields, exhibition centres, public libraries, museums, child care centres, barbers, beauty salons, public parks and botanical gardens #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417727208316039168

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sezze said:

Wooohooo , new record :intheclub:. Being sarcastic ... thinking about post before on Pattaya they thinking to open in September , and the news they thinking opening in October , TBH i can't really see how they can do but , idk , i never know in Thailand

Following 'Thai Logic' they will have to open as planned, as losing face is a lot worse to these Idiots than killing off a million or two of your own people !

Edited by trainman34014

According to Khun @NatapanuN

more than 600 foreigners who are aged 60+, have already registered to Other age groups and people living in other areas, will be able to register soon.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1417732227484454915

Edited by anchadian

4 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

In India now they believe deaths were up to 10 times more than reported. Why would Thailand be different? We could easily be at 300 to 400 deaths a day right now.

yes bcs people die you not see in tv. the real drama is in countryside. where people even cant efford the drive to a hospital.

well into 2021 the biggest health problem worldwide is hunger,and its getting worth.

death toll well outpace covoid by 6 times, not even  included other cases like......

Speed up vaccinations worldwide and stop all lockdowns worldwide , better never introduce lockdowns before, thai  was very strict , but result is the same at the end, high covid numbers.

the spanish flu was taking 2 years ,and was more serious, to disapear  and this without medical.without lockdowns we would be far more near to an end of pandemic...we just increasing the time...... even with a 5 time higher deathtoll   it would make sense ,  bcs covid related death ( due to lockdowns) are outpacing the number , and  the econommic shortfall is an unimaginebale damage ,even after covid

• Like 1
  • Sad 1