What is the maximum from Thai ATM

I think you will find that any limits are not the ATMs themselves, more the issuing banks, account settings or the card provider.

25-30k limit, as it can usually be done more than once, is probably more to do with the size of the dispensing slot on the ATM, 

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The actual machines have a physical limit?

Depends on the bank; 20K or 30K in one hit, although I believe the ATMs with the 20K limit have been/are being phased out.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

I assume you mean per time, if yes then 30k is the highest i've ever seen and sure that is the highest.

In terms of per day it depends on how your acc is set up, I believe with some banks you can set as high as 500k per day.

• Like 2

ATMs do have a limit, often 30k, think Krungsri may be 50k, but if you go inside in the counter can get more depending on card, i got 100k once at Krungsri counter using my Halifax credit card, max was my credit limit

Edited by scubascuba3

As said it is a physical number of bills limit - and normally set at 20, 25 or 30 bills.  For Bangkok Bank they are set at 25 so if 1k bills available limit is 25k but if 500 are highest available it lowers to 12,500 baht and when only 100 available down to 2,500 baht.  Your debit card itself will have a daily limit - in case of Bangkok Bank often set at 50k.

• Thanks 2

555 I put my hitech new offshore banking card (Visa) in and  I am limited to 10,000 this end. (SCB)

I'm new to all this. Now I should investigate Transferwise and  online banking.  Much easier when it was all Thai income. ????

Edited by VocalNeal

Kasikorn has obviously updated it's machines and most or all will spit 50 notes (50000 Baht) technically. It's even shown on the display.

I know one Thai bank (no more relevant: AEON) which limits all foreign cards to 20k. Can't tell whether other banks do similar.

All banks (Thai as well as foreign) have limits per withdrawal/day which can usually be changed one way or the other. If you have internet banking for a Thai account you can change the limit there.

Foreign card:

10000 Baht is exceptionally low (approx 304 USD, 221 GBP, 258 EUR).

Assuming your banks limit is 500 EUR, you would get 10000 but not 20000. Use the numeric entering and you should get 19000 Baht. Might be lower depending on applied exchange rate.

Don't forget the Thai bank ATM fee for that (is it 240 now?). I am not up to date.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think it is the local bank as it doesn't even offer 20 or 30,000. |I'll try a different bank's machine.

Often you have to type in higher amounts - especially upcountry - it is not offered as a selection on display but available if you enter the amount.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think it is the local bank as it doesn't even offer 20 or 30,000. |I'll try a different bank's machine.

As lopburi mentions, there is usually a "Other" amounts button or the like.

Select that and enter numerically.

used to do the max which was 30k for Bank of Bkk to use that stash to last me 3 months-and pay that crazy fee once, or as least as possible

did find a workaround--dress nice--smile--enter Bank of bkk and use the swipe machine at counter....again....dress nice(rich) and Smile!!!

as the teller will direct u to the atms...I smile once again, and say i need more than 30k..as Im buying a scoopy(etc) for my THAI gf...smiles all around

and NO FEE...........of course the gf and scoopy never existed--in my story at least..........worked like a charm..Id also use diff bank branches.....

On 7/22/2021 at 6:22 AM, VocalNeal said:

The actual machines have a physical limit?

Your ATM card has a limit, presuming we are talking ATM-cards from Thai banks. You can set the limit yourself up to the maximum allowed by the banks. Bangkok Bank for example allowed me to withdraw not more than 25,000 each transaction, and not more than 100,000 baht in one day - "allowed", as it might have been updated, but I havn't changed it for numerous years - my SCB card hav a limit of 20,000 baht per withdraw, but that limit might also be higher now.

Same apply for shopping and transferring funds, but limits might be different, mine cards have up to 200,000 for shopping and transfers, if I had the money...????

The actual ATM machines can hold millions of baht if fully loaded. The money containers are quite long, and a million baht in new 1,000 baht notes is an about 10 centimeters stack, so about 4 million in a 1000-note container, plus 2 million in 500-notes and around 400,000 in 100-notes. I've often seen the money containers when being filled in a bank, but I never snapped a photo - they probably don't like that - but I found one by Google image search...

409f6f10bca3d7b79ef32bf958acef8c.JPEG

So YES to that ATM machines have a physical limit, probably around 6½ million baht if fully loaded...????

It all depends on your bank. I can set my daily withdraw limit on my Kasikorn online banking to anything I want. The limit to withdraw at once for me at the ATM is 30,000 but I can  keep withdrawing 30,000 again and again if I want. 

My BKK bank cards allow 100K THB limit per day and although not exactly relevant to the OP's question,  when withdrawing in the UK, I can get a maximum of £500 per withdrawal, twice in any 24 hour period (translating to appprox half the daily limit once converted)..................................

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

The Kasikorn I use gives 30 notes, so it's normally 30,000.  If it runs out, it's 15,000 in 500's.  I don't know if it stocks 100's, I've never asked it for them.

Believe they all stock 100 notes and would default to 3,000 in that case - kind of like finding ATM with only 100 baht notes remaining to get pocket change.

• Like 1

Before we left the USA, we set up our Bank Accounts as:

Primary Account - where my paycheck goes into. 

2nd Account - Account we used in Thailand 

2nd Account limit was raised so that we could take up to $1000 per day, per card (2), but we had to sign a thing that the Bank was not responsible for any fraudulent transactions.  We also signed a thing that would not allow any transaction for more than what was in the Account... so, if there is only $120 in the account,  that is all that could me charged. 

When we would take out money, the wife would transfer money from the Primary Account to the Secondary Account,  then from a BKK Bank ATM, I would take out 25K on one card, then 25K on the other.

Are we talking withdrawing (wd) from a foreign bank account here in Thailand or wd from a Thai bank?

If wd from a foreign bank account here in Thailand, the limit will depend on 2 things, your set daily limit with your bank and which Thai ATM you are using.  I can now wd 30,000 from just about any Thai ATM, although on rare occasions I'll run into a ATM that limits me to 20k. 

• Like 1