Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

33 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

The point is that you are offering as support for your point of view testimony that cannot be checked to verify or reject. 

It neither directly adds nor detracts from the power of your argument.

Indirectly, it sounds a lot like street corner or barroom chatter because it has been heard before in a slightly different formulation.

What an absolutely brilliant deduction you made, and you are correct, and that was my point. It was a response to someone who asked to be shown research that cannot be shown. I don't actually need to show you anything as free thinkers can find it quite easily, just not here.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I recorded the event live.  I was there.  I posted on YouTube, and you are correct  many came on and said it was race, the thing is everyone else had on mask except for him and his white Russian girlfriend 

Dose she not have any self respect. She happily walked away with him. Clearly nothing happened to Warrent such behaviour from him. If it was me I'd be so embarrassed and would walk away. I wouldn't be able to stay there. 

11 hours ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

There is NO SUCH NAME AS CKARENCE.  It’s a Typo.  His Name is Clarence.  If you notice the K & L keys are next to each other on the keyboard.

And I’m pretty sure that the Thai’s never heard of the name Clarence Either.  

The real question is… Did he vote for TRUMP or Biden?  If he voted for TRUMP, then you have your answer

as to why he didn’t wear a mask.  He thinks he’s above the law.

He forgets, as many ex-pats do, that WE ARE A GUEST IN THIS COUNTRY.  ACT LIKE ONE! 

Right, if he'd voted for Biden he would never have got all those words together and then fallen down the steps to Beach Road on the way out! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sounds like every American I've ever encountered.

In the interest of extending an olive branch, how about joining me for burgers and brats at my place…next 4th of July?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"In the US, they probably would have apologized to him and given him free tacos."

Not where I am in the US (LA), here shops and restaurants have been requiring masks no matter what the official decrees have said.

Also, completely unscientifically , the people I see on the street are overwhelmingly continuing to wear masks. Even see people alone in their cars wearing masks, not sure why, but their choice.

Not sure why people wont get the vaccine either.....might explain the mask use...still trying to get my magnetic superpower but nothing is sticking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

In other words, your sources are within the Denier Lie Factory. Good to know.

Well..even the good governor of Alabama is grappling with the salient issue of "have some common sense.."but the Denier Lie Factory is certainly in hyperdrive.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, sucit said:

Most of these places now have employees who sit outside the shop. I understand not being allowed to go into a private business while violating their policy. I think he has a point otherwise. Those outside employees could take his order and give it to him outside. Seems we should encourage people to stay outside if we truly want to follow the science. Outside/outdoor infections have been shown to be much less prevalent. 

So he can do whatever he wants and others must cater to him? If that's something taco bell has already set up, yes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DBath said:

In the interest of extending an olive branch, how about joining me for burgers and brats at my place…next 4th of July?

Mmm. I miss Thanksgiving dinner at Buddy's Bar & Grill, Soi 89. Turkey, mashed potatoes, and BORNNNNNN IN THE USA!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Farang does not mean foreigner.

The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word "farang" as "a person of white race".

So whatever else this guy is, he's not a farang.

The terminus technicus is "alien" 

The man was in the wrong of course. But typical Thai style to make a point about his skin colour.

Thailand: where racial profiling and discrimination is as strong as ever in the pandemic.

57 minutes ago, elgenon said:

So he can do whatever he wants and others must cater to him? If that's something taco bell has already set up, yes.

Yes. That is what many businesses do, cater to customers. Not all. I don’t see a problem, order outside. That businesses have an almost unbelievable number of employees per location, so it seems more than doable. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You missed the point. It was a thought experiment that required you to assume that everyone in the room was infected.

Back to reality... because you don't know who is infected or not, we need to assume that everyone is. The early curfew has made the shops extra busy from 5 to 8 pm when they close, which will actually increase the spread, not reduce it. I was in the local 7Eleven a few hours ago and people were lined up at the counter. I will now change to 4 - 5am shopping.

Good idea for shopping at 4:00-5:00 am

18 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Searching Google and watching dodgy youtube videos while on the toilet with your pants around your ankles does not constitute research.

But you managed to get all the tin foil hat words into one post. Congratulations!

This guys trolling.  Nobody could be so stupid.

Funny about his research though taking an Ace.

Edited by MrJ2U
Add

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Go ahead I know you are just dying to use that word ????  don't be shy you'll feel much better after.

#chocolateman.... Thai for black farang, most find amusing, as did Frank Bruno lol

Edited by Jiggo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NE1 said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because he's a foreigner and the Immigration officers are RTP officers.

and the Army , Navy and Air Force are part of the Armed forces , but each wear different uniforms that determine what part of the force they represent and the job they do. I wouldn't think that the Immgration Police are competent in the rules of the civilian world , as the local police would not be competent in the rules of Immigration. Hence seperate uniforms.

Immigration officers are Royal Thai Police officers, it's as simple as that, Immigration Bureau is a RTP section. 

Army personnel are not members of the Navy, Air Force  personnel are not members of the  Army,  sailors are not Air Force personnel.  Thai Immigration officers are RTP officers, regardless of your thoughts about the legal competence of either!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thai Immigration officers are RTP officers, regardless of your thoughts about the legal competence of either!  

They are a seperate division of the RTP , regardless of your thoughts , admit it . They are two divisions of the same force  , one is Immigration the other is for policing. Get over it.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, NE1 said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because he's a foreigner and the Immigration officers are RTP officers.

But he hadn't broken any immigration rules , so he should have been spoken to by " normal " police.

IOs frequently deal with foreigners in those situations, whether or not Immigration rule transgressions have been made, because they are RTP officers, the Immigration Bureaus is a section of the RTP.  Officers from either section have the same authority to deal with people in those circumstances.

9 minutes ago, NE1 said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thai Immigration officers are RTP officers, regardless of your thoughts about the legal competence of either!  

They are a seperate division of the RTP , regardless of your thoughts , admit it . They are two divisions of the same force  , one is Immigration the other is for policing. Get over it.

There is nothing for me to "get over", they are all RTP officers, as I said.   

IB is a section of the RTP and either have the authority to deal with foreigners or non-foreigners.   Both are policing the country, they are all RTP officers, regardless of their section.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

A lot of effort to have a go at one stupid fool who would have to take his mask off anyway when he was going to eat. However outside my house after the 9-00 pm curfew starts there is a continual parade of Thais on motorbikes ( and in cars )until 10 pm, many with no masks and most without helmets. Not a useless cop in sight !!!!!

13 hours ago, Xonax said:

Unfortunately most Thais are afraid of confrontation and would not ask other people to wear a mask. If the staff had asked the man of colour and his white chick to wear masks, in order to be allowed in the shop, the other customer would not have had to step in.

I don't know where you got this idea. I've forgotten to put my mask on upon trying to enter a shop a number of times over the past year and the staff freaked out, saying I could not enter.

• Like 2