AstraZeneca Can Supply 5-6 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Monthly to Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, smedly said:

lets say 5m, that means around 2 years to get everyone vaccinated assuming 2x doses with an emerging requirement for 3x doses - they are going to need double that in half the time and who knows what is round the corner 

It is hardly something to feel positive about 

Is Thailand still opening sometime in September/October as predicted by the PM

• Haha 1

"uninterrupted manufacturing".  

Thats a tall order for Siam Bioscience.  They've never produced vaccines until now.  They already have a backlog to other countries that are even worse of than Thailand. 

Any extra will need to be used as a third dose for the millions of people who received the useless Sinovac.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Haven't we herd this before and it turned out they cant ????

That's if the manufacture is uninterrupted. 

I wonder how many Mr Putin could supply??? Don't think the CEO's of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenneca would be interested, maybe they could mix Sinovac with Sputnik as a second dose, don't think that's going to fly well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

from Britanica.com

Black Death, pandemic that ravaged Europe between 1347 and 1351, taking a proportionately greater toll of life than any other known epidemic or war up to that time.

(4 years)

From the week.co.uk

How did it end? The most popular theory of how the plague ended is through the implementation of quarantines. The uninfected would typically remain in their homes and only leave when it was necessary, while those who could afford to do so would leave the more densely populated areas and live in greater isolation.

(quarantine, not vaccine although they do rhyme)

Tend to agree..............this virus needs us to mingle to thrive (unless other creatures will do - like bats or birds) so if we all stopped mingling for 3 weeks at the same time it should die out in 3 weeks.....................NOT GOING TO HAPPEN though. Back to herd immunity I think.

Right from the onset of production from the SB Plant in Thailand, AZ have said that the capacity for the facility would be about 15 Million Doses per Month.

Under the agreement with MOPH, to supply 35 % of all produced Vaccine to Thailand, with the rest going for Export., this would indeed mean 5-6 Million Doses per Month.

If they supply this amount of Vaccine AZ will have broken no Contracts or promises to Thailand.

As time passes, and things settle down to a more consistent production at the Plant, I am sure AZ will want to supply more doses to Thailand.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Tend to agree..............this virus needs us to mingle to thrive (unless other creatures will do - like bats or birds) so if we all stopped mingling for 3 weeks at the same time it should die out in 3 weeks.....................NOT GOING TO HAPPEN though. Back to herd immunity I think.

That was the purpose back then. Some die, some don't from self quarantining, and some seem to have natural immunity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Vietnam is in talks with a major producer of mRNA vaccines to manufacture and distribute its vaccine.

So is South Korea which already has vaccine manufacturing plants that can be upgraded quickly to produce mRNA vaccines.

Hopefully this comes to fruitition.  I have more confidence in those countries than Thailnd in regards to graft and transparency.

Agreed. A Thailand University lab is developing a mRNA vaccine - I read a short while ago - so they will need a plant locally to produce it next year.

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Nearly every day we hear about the astounding number of vaccines the government claims to have ordered, purchased, secured, contracted for, committed to….etc etc. If you believe the government, you'd think the country would be awash in vaccines by now.

Today I'll revisit Hua Hin  hospital to see if I am get vaccinated for the fifth time. Each time no vaccine.

• Like 1

All the usual negativity we expect in this forum from people who use their feelings and opinions as facts. None of really know if they can or will live up to the promise of 5-6 million a month. Nor is AZ the only vaccine available . I wouldn’t include Sinovac in any calculation however given it’s proven lack of efficacy. The government would do well to cancel any future. orders for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

All the usual negativity we expect in this forum from people who use their feelings and opinions as facts. None of really know if they can or will live up to the promise of 5-6 million a month. Nor is AZ the only vaccine available . I wouldn’t include Sinovac in any calculation however given it’s proven lack of efficacy. The government would do well to cancel any future. orders for it.

The negativity just keeps getting worse around here.  Not sure what is wrong with these people.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

It just keeps getting worse around here.  These people must really hate their own lives and need to blame someone, so they blame Thailand, the Thai gov't, and the Thai people even though they would probably not be happy no matter where they lived.

yeah, everybody hug ????

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

lets say 5m, that means around 2 years to get everyone vaccinated assuming 2x doses with an emerging requirement for 3x doses - they are going to need double that in half the time and who knows what is round the corner 

You have to take into account the ever rising death toll, at this rate they wont need to order as much.....

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Right from the onset of production from the SB Plant in Thailand, AZ have said that the capacity for the facility would be about 15 Million Doses per Month.

Under the agreement with MOPH, to supply 35 % of all produced Vaccine to Thailand, with the rest going for Export., this would indeed mean 5-6 Million Doses per Month.

If they supply this amount of Vaccine AZ will have broken no Contracts or promises to Thailand.

As time passes, and things settle down to a more consistent production at the Plant, I am sure AZ will want to supply more doses to Thailand.

Astra Zeneca produced papers that Thailand had only requested 3 million doses a month. 

Whatever the government was saying all along with Anutin about 10 million doses a month from Astra Zeneca were just not true and never were.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Muddied waters equals non-transparency... that's how Thailand likes it.

Horrible Way to do things.  The more lies the harder to cover up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

But it's not the only vaccine. It's mostly about getting the over 60's and vulnerable people vaccinated (maybe over 55's in Thailand)- that reduces death rates dramatically.  I'd guess about 25 million doses required to make a telling difference. Sinovac/Sinopharm can be used for younger people who mainly don't need a vaccination to keep them out of hospital.

It really is about getting jabs in arms though, I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is great news.

thailand should go for high quality vaccines only

The AZ is high quality, for sure.

And the Sinovac gets wrongly maligned imo.

I guess you mean mRNA vaccines.  They're not a magic bullet either and pose logistical issues.

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

COVID-19 is caused by a virus.  Easly transmitted through small droplets and even previous surfaces touched by an infected person.

The Black Plague was a bacterium.  Antibiotics can cure this. transmitted by rodents (rats).  Also hygiene has come a long way since then.

Something of interest:

"What caused the Black Death? The Black Death is believed to have been the result of plague, an. infectious fever caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. The disease was likely transmitted from rodents to humans by the bite of infected fleas."

Meanwhile, in Buriram, third time's (AstraZeneca) a charm...

NMG chairman queries shot allocations as Buri Ram police force gets third shot

In a Facebook post on Sunday, Nation Multimedia Group (NMG)’s chairman Shine Bunnag asked why Buri Ram police officers were being given a third AstraZeneca jab while 38 million members of the Thai population have not got their first shot.

He posted the comment after spotting a photograph shared on social media of 11 police officers in Buri Ram getting a third jab of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

“Recent data from the Royal Thai Police shows that 72 per cent of more than 20,000 police officers are fully vaccinated. Also, I wonder why it is important for Buri Ram police officers to get a third jab when the province is not even a ‘dark red’ zone,” Shine said in his post.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003772

A post with a chart from an unknown site has been removed as there was no supporting link to the source of information. 

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.