Eleven-year-old boy, a junior rescue worker, saves a stuck kitten from under a truck on a highway in Chonburi

webfact

5 hours ago, Card said:

Beats me how they saw the kitty stuck under a moving truck.

The pickup was stopped in the middle of the highway. This according to the OP.

A stray moggy had a penchant for nesting her multiple litters of kittens in the spare wheel suspended under the rear of my pickup.  It was a daily routine to exit them by squirting the garden hose in there every morning, but no matter what, they returned.  Once she even dragged them into the engine bay and nested there . Luckily my daughter saw the moggy bail out as I started the engine - I raised the hood and the four kittens were hopping all over the place and only just avoiding the fan blades but I managed to get them out.

The daily routine then consisted of raising the hood as well as hosing down the spare wheel well. Then a fortunate thing happened - some lowlife stole my spare wheel, and the moggy never came back. I've since upgraded the truck - first thing I did was adios the spare wheel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

A stray moggy had a penchant for nesting her multiple litters of kittens in the spare wheel suspended under the rear of my pickup.  It was a daily routine to exit them by squirting the garden hose in there every morning, but no matter what, they returned.  Once she even dragged them into the engine bay and nested there . Luckily my daughter saw the moggy bail out as I started the engine - I raised the hood and the four kittens were hopping all over the place and only just avoiding the fan blades but I managed to get them out.

The daily routine then consisted of raising the hood as well as hosing down the spare wheel well. Then a fortunate thing happened - some lowlife stole my spare wheel, and the moggy never came back. I've since upgraded the truck - first thing I did was adios the spare wheel.

Just removed a nest of chipmunks from on top of my  engine block......they moved in there over the space of 2 days I didn't use the truck. Had my Mrs not noticed they would have got fried when I used the vehicle. The mother came and took 2 away but left the smallest one behind ...Mrs has raised it and now wastes money on cages and other stuff, but is very enamored with it now, as it runs all over her. 

Spare wheels that clamp under trucks need a padlock here in Pattaya.....

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 2:05 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Sounded like you were tired of them.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:28 AM, irishman25 said:

some GOOD NEWS for a change hope all works out for the kid and kitten

Yeah  right, am sure the local birdlife and froglife will REALLY  appreciate yet another wildlife destroyer being saved.