Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

What are you talking about?  I have had my first AZ shot from the Thai government, for free.  I have a confirmed appointment for my second one and again it is free from the government.

All of my foreign friends have had their first shot, all AZ, all free.

So, again, what are you talking about??  Just more ridiculous TVF victim complex paranoia.

I hadn't got my yet, despite registering 5x, and several attempted registrations.

One registration project abandoned (thanks to dr anutin).

Another one got email after registering, that I don't qualify.

My 60 years old thai wife, with underlying condition, get her first shot just the last week

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

I hadn't got my yet, despite registering 5x, and several attempted registrations.

One registration project abandoned (thanks to dr anutin).

Another one got email after registering, that I don't qualify.

My 60 years old thai wife, with underlying condition, get her first shot just the last week

it's free ,  and it always has been free by the Thai government for foreigner's.

Stop speaking bs and nonsense.   and if you don't qualify then there's a reason.   simple. 

• Like 1

no, they are not vaccing everyone, because they are short of tens of millions doses. Hence huge waiting lines at bang sue and elsewhere, for hours.

And especially they  are not vaccing foreigners - deny registration, cancel appointments, blank point refuse at walk ins.

My statement is in the context of forcing foreigners to vaccinate. If and when this time comes, it won't be for health  reason. 

Yes, by not including foreigners into any vax program, they were pushed into buying moderna for 3.4k. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

no, they are not vaccing everyone, because they are short of tens of millions doses. Hence huge waiting lines at bang sue and elsewhere, for hours.

And especially they  are not vaccing foreigners - deny registration, cancel appointments, blank point refuse at walk ins.

My statement is in the context of forcing foreigners to vaccinate. If and when this time comes, it won't be for health  reason. 

Yes, by not including foreigners into any vax program, they were pushed into buying moderna for 3.4k. 

No one was pushed in to any such thing.  Did you read any of my replies to you?  I have had my first AZ shot.  EVERY SINGLE OTHER FOREIGNER I KNOW has had their first shot.  They were all FREE.  

So please stop with your lies that they are not including foreigners in to any vax program.  They 100% are.  It is not hard.  I'll say it again - every foreigner I know has had their first shot (FOR FREE) and has an appointment for a second (also for free).  Read what we write and stop posting lies.

And yes, they are vaxxing a lot of people, so having a bit of a wait at a vaxxing station is a bit too much for you is it?

• Like 2

you and your palls are very lucky - only 22% of thai are vaccinated with the first dose. 

Your example doesn't mean 100% foreigners are already vaccinated. The numbers are much lower, than for the general population. Say 5-10% of foreigners are jabbed.

I have registered with many programs, waiting for their contact, as instructed.

No, I am not that desperate to waste my time at bang sue or anywhere else. Waiting online, and trying to register with more programs, is good enough for me. I don't like to jump before others.

1 hour ago, frantick said:

Also show me the fact checkers that don't use the words, "may", "should", "could", "might", "possibly", etc.

Yes, of course this must be compared against "the unshakeable certainty of the half-educated". 

(Quote is stolen, from another context.)

7 minutes ago, internationalism said:

you and your palls are very lucky - only 22% of thai are vaccinated with the first dose. 

Your example doesn't mean 100% foreigners are already vaccinated. The numbers are much lower, than for the general population. Say 5-10% of foreigners are jabbed.

I have registered with many programs, waiting for their contact, as instructed.

No, I am not that desperate to waste my time at bang sue or anywhere else. Waiting online, and trying to register with more programs, is good enough for me. I don't like to jump before others.

Ok, you don't like to waste your time at a vaccine centre (where you could be vaccinated believe it or not), you don't want to "jump before others" (even though the registration system doesn't let you queue jump) but you just like to moan about it and think you are hard done by.........plus make up facts and tell people lies that foreigners have to pay when they don't.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, you don't like to waste your time at a vaccine centre (where you could be vaccinated believe it or not), you don't want to "jump before others" (even though the registration system doesn't let you queue jump) but you just like to moan about it and think you are hard done by.........plus make up facts and tell people lies that foreigners have to pay when they don't.

I have said, that if and when foreigners will be forced to vaccinate it would be not for health reason, but for financial benefit for the government. Many have already payed. Many went abroad (as well as many thais) for the only purpose getting vax.

I don't complain of not being vaccinated. I am not desperate and can wait as long as needed for my time.

I have said, that there are very many foreigners (as well as thai), who are waiting for their first vax. The last one (means another 78% of targeted population) would get their first jab sometimes in October, maybe later. I am happy to wait that long and be an example, that not 100% foreigners are vaccinated (as you are trying to claim)

Edited by internationalism

Sorry, neither of those links addresses the comparison I made to actual vaccines. Show me where they work as good as the polio, smallpox, and measles vaccines. You can't. Also show me the fact checkers that don't use the words, "may", "should", "could", "might", "possibly", etc.

There's also a yearly "vaccine" for the flu that works half-as..d too; never had it.

How many "boosters" per year are you willing to endure for the rest of your so called life to prevent your 1.5% chance of dying? At some point your idea of living is just a banal existence.

AstraZeneca 70%

Chickenpox 92%

Moderna 94.1%

Pfizer 95%

Measles 97%

Polio 99%

"3 coronavirus vaccines so far seem to prevent COVID-19. Here's how their efficacy compares to vaccines for flu, measles, and more."

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-compares-other-vaccines-2020-11

Not for frantick who obviously doesn't' care about the truth or he would have found this info himself, but for others who might be wondering what the truth is.

Interesting to note that 70% efficacy means that you chance of contracting symptomatic disease is 70% less than if unvaccinated.

Edited by cdemundo
corrected spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, frantick said:

Sorry, neither of those links addresses the comparison I made to actual vaccines. Show me where they work as good as the polio, smallpox, and measles vaccines. You can't. Also show me the fact checkers that don't use the words, "may", "should", "could", "might", "possibly", etc.

There's also a yearly "vaccine" for the flu that works half-as..d too; never had it.

How many "boosters" per year are you willing to endure for the rest of your so called life to prevent your 1.5% chance of dying? At some point your idea of living is just a banal existence.

3 hours ago, frantick said:

Top Chinese Virologist Known as 'Bat Woman' Warns New COVID Variants Will Keep Emerging

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-chinese-virologist-known-as-bat-woman-warns-new-covid-variants-will-keep-emerging/ar-AAN764j?li=BBnb7Kz

China to test entire population of Wuhan for COVID as virus reemerges

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-to-test-entire-population-of-wuhan-for-covid-as-virus-reemerges/ar-AAMTNc9?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by Tony125

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

AstraZeneca 70%

Chickenpox 92%

Moderna 94.1%

Pfizer 95%

Measles 97%

Polio 99%

"3 coronavirus vaccines so far seem to prevent COVID-19. Here's how their efficacy compares to vaccines for flu, measles, and more."

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-compares-other-vaccines-2020-11

Not for frantick who obviously doesn't' care about the truth or he would have found this info himself, but for others who might be wondering what the truth is.

Interesting to note that 70% efficacy means that you chance of contracting symptomatic disease is 70% less than if unvaccinated.

Funny, never heard of thousands of breakthrough cases of polio, measles, or smallpox; other than the vaccine-induced breakout of polio. Yet here we are with thousands of COVID-19 vaccinated patients contracting the disease in Iceland, Israel, USA, UK, etc., etc. But you didn't provide that stat, did you?

But you stick with your stats. We'll compare them and talk again in another year and see where we are then. Who knows, I may have changed my mind and gotten vaccinated by then. But at this point, I'll stick with my 98% chances and await more data.

Edited by frantick
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

AstraZeneca 70%

Chickenpox 92%

Moderna 94.1%

Pfizer 95%

Measles 97%

Polio 99%

And a fine example link; "Business Insider". Kind of telling isn't it?

Did you read the title of the article?:

3 coronavirus vaccines so far SEEM to prevent COVID-19.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, frantick said:

Funny, never heard of thousands of breakthrough cases of polio, measles, or smallpox; other than the vaccine-induced breakout of polio. Yet here we are with thousands of COVID-19 vaccinated patients contracting the disease in Iceland, Israel, USA, UK, etc., etc. But you didn't provide that stat, did you?

But you stick with your stats. We'll compare them and talk again in another year and see where we are then. Who knows, I may have changed my mind and gotten vaccinated by then. But at this point, I'll stick with my 98% chances and await more data.

Change your argument every time someone counters.

Now it's breakthrough not efficacy/effectiveness.

As I said posted for those interested in the truth.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, frantick said:

And a fine example link; "Business Insider". Kind of telling isn't it?

Did you read the title of the article?:

3 coronavirus vaccines so far SEEM to prevent COVID-19.

First link I found, could look for more, I haven't seen you quoting "Nature", if you even knew what that was.

Did you read my post? The "unshakeable certainty of the half-educated"?

Maybe giving you too much credit by half.

But in any event you were lying when you said the efficacy of the new vaccines is not comparable to the vaccines of the past.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cdemundo said:

But in any event you were lying when you said the efficacy of the new vaccines is not comparable to the vaccines of the past.

Those percentages in that article were from 8 months ago. A lot has changed. We'll see.

Edited by frantick
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's ridiculous IMO. Most people are not against vaccination per se, but some are not convinced that the new technology corona vaccine is safe.

of course they are not convinced because NOBODY KNOWS as no mRNA vaccine has been used as much as this one before.

All doctors and scientists are just liars when they tell that moderna and pfizer are safe, because they have no idea AT ALL.

Even less effective I still prefer to use a standard dead virus vaccine as AZ, and I do not care because even without vaccine I will never get coro$hit, I am not an idiot and I will wear a mask for the next 50 years at least (just as vaccinated people who still have a brain and know that the vaccine is not the solution to the problem, MEDICINE IS !)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Millions have taken an experimental drug. I prefer to stay in the control group and wait for proof of long term benefits.

As far as the MSM articles of unvaccinated regretters on their death beds, I'm sure there are fewer, but similar occurrences of vaccinated on their death beds asking "why am I dying, I had the vaccine". But you'll never hear those stories.

THE ONLY TRUTH !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

of course they are not convinced because NOBODY KNOWS as no mRNA vaccine has been used as much as this one before.

All doctors and scientists are just liars when they tell that moderna and pfizer are safe, because they have no idea AT ALL.

Even less effective I still prefer to use a standard dead virus vaccine as AZ, and I do not care because even without vaccine I will never get coro$hit, I am not an idiot and I will wear a mask for the next 50 years at least (just as vaccinated people who still have a brain and know that the vaccine is not the solution to the problem, MEDICINE IS !)

It's a pity that so few people have been vaccinated. Now if that number was in the the hundreds of millions and there were sophisticated public health agencies that could sift the data, that would be an entirely different matter.

And it's crazy  that covid vaccinations are still a thing with so many medicines proving nearly 100% effective...oh wait a minute...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2