help me decide please

If you are happy with the poor handling of a truck chassis, then buy Pajero, Fortuner or MUX. Whichever one you like best. The Mazda CX-9 is discontinued and is replaced by the CX-8 but try the CX-5 as well. The Mazdas have excellent handling. They are not trucks.

Honda CRVs are also good (not trucks).

Edited by Brahmz
more
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get a tween-friendly bike for trips to the nearest Sewen, get any late model repo Japanese truck (there are MILLIONS) for the weird <deleted> expats need to do.

And rent the swishest grab ride for stepping out and getting <deleted>faced.

The rest is ego driven and not worth the dollars you'll drop on it.

Spend the savings on young nongs to tell you what a sex-god you are. Die rich and happy. The end.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So ... they ride better, but you don't know as you have never driven one.

Do I have this right ? 555

Ride quality depends on spring rate and shock absorber damping, not the badge on the grill

I compared both: Forget the Isuzu!

• Like 1

I like the look of the Nissan Kick, I have a Juke now (stopped production) but the duke is a dream to drive, I don't need a truck, although I also have an old NV 25yrs old, starts first time and still running fine, that is why I went with Nissan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

The Legender is the top trim level of the Fortuner. The Fortuner is a pick-up based SUV built on the HiLux chassis (Toyota IMV chassis used by HiLux, Innova and Fortuner). I doubt it has a single component in common with the Camry - which is a vastly more sophisticated vehicle. PPVs like the Fortuner and MUX etc are designed and built for emerging markets where ride and handling is of less interest than simplicity, robustness and low production costs.  Moreover they allow the manufacturer a healthy profit margin by using the underpinnings of a low-cost pick up.  

Having said that the Fortuner is a decent enough vehicle for Thai road conditions, my issue with it is simply that its vastly overpriced for what it is.

But the Aussie import these truck based SUVs unless they switch something out?

13 hours ago, driver52 said:

I'm European so I guess I'm used to 'proper cars' that can go around corners and get good mpg ????

So that precludes SUV's.

I don't like them either but they seems to be popular. We must not forget that the vast majority of people don't actually like driving. It is just another thing they have to do. 

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I have a Juke now (stopped production)

So there is a God after all.

12 hours ago, ujayujay said:

The Isuzu is a Pickup based Car.

Wrong. There is no pickup I know with 5-link independent rear suspension. Except below. But using that logic all cars have truck suspension?

14 hours ago, Brahmz said:

If you are happy with the poor handling of a truck chassis, then buy Pajero, Fortuner or MUX.

Again the new Mu-X is not truck based, except the name. 

Hmm.

spacer.png

Strange we don't see these in Thailand?

spacer.png

Which BTW also has car like rear suspension.

Edited by VocalNeal

Impossible to buy a car with out the male ego dominating the decision process (I should know), however try this

1. Do you need a car?

2. For what do you actually 'need' a car?

3. Economically what is the most sensible choice........fuel consumption, insurance, tax, 3 years old, low milage, commonly available (parts/maintenance), good resale value.

I went through this list last time............then bought a Range Rover SVR.

• Haha 1

260 k

Ad Description

Subaru WRX
฿300,000
1995 Model registered
119000 km on Body
Cheap Parts and Service in Phuket Town
Rebuilt Engine, no mods, long life no problems like others being sold
Window Tint
White Plasma Dial faces
Easy to get parts sent from Bangkok
ALuminium STI front swing arms
Front STI Brake disks
Needs a respray
35000 can change new paint what color you like..
CHEAP! was 500000

1LI.jpg

23 hours ago, ronster said:

I like the shape of the Isuzu but I’m waiting till new pajero comes out . Well until they sort the ugly wheel arch area and stupid long back lights actually. The outlander has better shape at the back than pajero but costs a bit more as far as I remember .

If you knew what 'Pajero' means when translated from Spanish to English you wouldn't buy one ???????????? ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1