Walk-In Vacc 75+ at Bang Sue Grand Station

sloperating

2 minutes ago, sloperating said:

Sorry. An important omission: on arrival, I was asked if I had a person bring me to the Center - I believe that any person accompanying a 75+ would also receive the vaccination. 

That sounds positive.Im 2months under 75.How are they with DOB? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

My goodness posting something positive about Thailand and Thai people will have you heckled and banned from this forum !!!!

But on a serious note myself and several expat friends got similar excellent service with our AZ vaccine  at our local hospital in Northern Chiang Mai Province.

the first "goody-goody" post of the day. Didn't take long.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

My wife and I exited the back while our transport was waiting at the front. It took us about 30 minutes to realise our mistake and rendevous with our daughter who was our driver.

Is the front north, south, east or west facing? 

• Haha 1

Happy for you. Now I will tell you my experience today. I am registered at both private and local (which ever comes first I will have, over one month registered) a few days ago pivate got in touch, come for vaccine 29th walk in, yesterday I sent message, confirm vaccination tomorrow, answer yes, this morning, happy as Larry set off on my bicycle, arrived hospital, paid my money then was told October maybe, everyone including Thais coughed up money and THEN was told October

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Over the last year and a half there has been much discussion and complaining about most aspects of this pandemic much of it justified, but from a number of reports here, including my own yesterday, there has been a gladdening of the heart from a local perspective who seem to have their act together.

At this local level, where most of us experience life more directly and therefore affected one way or the other, I give a shout out to Organisers, volunteers and all those that contribute practically and in the spirit of many feeling we are all in this as one large family, and pulling together.

Addressing many of Thailand's problems can be fairly and squarely, laid on the shoulders of those at top level!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sloperating said:

Entrance is west facing, and the vaccination and 'recovery' areas are near the eastern side.

The back has buses queuing.

The front has drop-off and no buses queuing.

You go in the front.

You work your way through areas:

Initial desk- checks your name on the list if you have an appointment, probably checks your age if you are walk in over 75

Health check machine for blood pressure printout

Queue to get your details in computer

Queue to be injected

30mins rest area

Each area takes you from the front of the building, through it, and out the rear.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sloperating said:

Entrance is west facing, and the vaccination and 'recovery' areas are near the eastern side.

The Bang Sue MRT is to the east of BS Grand Station - I walked from the MRT (about 10-15 minutes) but, after crossing the rail lines, a taxi or motorbike would have been a better option.

I assume a taxi from the MRT would be another possibility.

An earlier post mentioned the daunting crowd outside. I agree but I went directly to the door of Platform(?) 2, asked about 75+, and was taken inside the station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

That was great now lets start to open up more centers so everyone isn't packed into one location.  Thailand is bigger than just Bangkok now let act if it does!

Why can't local clinics be used with duty nurses is beyond me, oh, no vaccine available.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peleid said:

Happy for you. Now I will tell you my experience today. I am registered at both private and local (which ever comes first I will have, over one month registered) a few days ago pivate got in touch, come for vaccine 29th walk in, yesterday I sent message, confirm vaccination tomorrow, answer yes, this morning, happy as Larry set off on my bicycle, arrived hospital, paid my money then was told October maybe, everyone including Thais coughed up money and THEN was told October

Sorry for your luck...   But, you gotta admire the business acumen of these private hospitals.   THAT is a seriously awesome bait-n-switch play!   Even the Thais fell for it!

I'm registered for Moderna from the VP of the company I work with.  4th quarter they say.   I'm not holding my breath...  I did order extra SCUBA tanks, though!

Despite this place giving me a great life, supplying me with ample income and a great career that I truly love, I am getting truckin' tired of all of this.  Rest of the world is getting better, we're getting worse.

Edited by n8sail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

happy with yourself ?

so you think that it was smart to stay 3 hours at an infected area with thousands people ?

so weird to even think abot going there...

why was it so important for you to take such risk ? scare to get virus from your work colleagues ? ????

i would consider myself so much safer at home and unvaccinated ! but I must be an idiot...

Edited by salsajapan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jesimps said:

Yes it’s terrible to take a balanced view on an issue expecting to be banned any moment now by order of the Thai Bashers Committee

6 hours ago, jesimps said:

Yes it’s terrible to take a balanced view on an issue, I’m expecting to be suspended from the forum any moment now.

By order of the Thai Bashers Committee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Why can't local clinics be used with duty nurses is beyond me, oh, no vaccine available.

Refrigeration!  For Pfizer Moderna not sure about AZ and Sino but J&J surely can be issue at clinics but as you noted no vaccine!