New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

I was vaccinated with Pfizer last Thursday in Nakhon Sawan. Age 60+. Registered with Expatvac. I have an appointment for my second jab 3 weeks afterwards. It was a very slick and efficient operation and I was impressed. There were many Thais there too receiving their 2nd shot AstraZenica I believe. In and out in under an hour, includes resting for 30 minutes.

I had made about 3 or 4 applications until I finally got the last one right by uploading both passport page and visa extension page at the same time using drag and Ctrl button on 3rd August. I only received an appointment for the last application.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

i think if you're register like a month back, now those registration is going through, all foreigner regardless of ages are getting pfizer or other vaccine, i was offer pfizer on 28th of August and im under 50, but now the registration are full and close.

1 minute ago, vinci said:

i think if you're register like a month back, now those registration is going through, all foreigner regardless of ages are getting pfizer or other vaccine, i was offer pfizer on 28th of August and im under 50, but now the registration are full and close.

I disagree. In the provinces it is still age 60+. Maybe under 60 for some hospitals in Bangkok/Chonburi/Khon Kaen which were not through Expatvac registration.

The registration for Expatvac is not closed. People who register through Expatvac will have vaccines allotted to their name.There is sufficient Pfizer for age 60+ and maybe under 60 who register.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I disagree. In the provinces it is still age 60+. Maybe under 60 for some hospitals in Bangkok/Chonburi/Khon Kaen which were not through Expatvac registration.

The registration for Expatvac is not closed. People who register through Expatvac will have vaccines allotted to their name.There is sufficient Pfizer for age 60+ and maybe under 60 who register.

In Phayao they are vaccinating ones under 60. When I received mine on 25/08 there were many teachers there under 60. On 01/09 there was a another lot vaccinated. Two mates under 60 were vaccinated These were all from  Expatvac registration.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

In Phayao they are vaccinating ones under 60. When I received mine on 25/08 there were many teachers there under 60. On 01/09 there was a another lot vaccinated. Two mates under 60 were vaccinated These were all from  Expatvac registration.

It is clearly stated in Pattaya the eligible age is now 40 instead of 60.

• Like 1

I think the rush on vaccinations all of a sudden would have something to do with the Govt. push to open Thailand completely by Jan.1 next year and ChiangMai by October 1

Theyre finally understanding the only way forward economically is thru vaccinations as countries like Canada, Portugal, Spain for example have done.

The vaccines will come…the majority of the population will vaccinate and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel! The rest will be forced to vaccinate when they want to travel or renew their visa etc etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kanada said:

I think the rush on vaccinations all of a sudden would have something to do with the Govt. push to open Thailand completely by Jan.1 next year and ChiangMai by October 1

Theyre finally understanding the only way forward economically is thru vaccinations as countries like Canada, Portugal, Spain for example have done.

The vaccines will come…the majority of the population will vaccinate and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel! The rest will be forced to vaccinate when they want to travel or renew their visa etc etc.

Indeed, very likely, also possible the new proposal to allow ' only vaccinated' into restaurants, and the fact that some people need or want to travel. The enlisting for a new vaccine program for French citizens aged 18+ has started yesterday 06/09. 

Les prises de rendez-vous s’effectueront à partir du lundi 6 septembre à 8h et dans la limite des doses disponibles.

La campagne de vaccination se déroulera du 13 au 20 septembre 2021. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Got my jab today pfizer, i am under 40, and i did signup under expatvac website .

I am 44 and can't get a vaccine.  I registered on several sites and apps and at my local government medical place. So frustrating.

How did you manage it?  Have you existing health conditions? 

Or maybe it is where you are located.  I am in Chiang Mai.

18 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I am 44 and can't get a vaccine.  I registered on several sites and apps and at my local government medical place. So frustrating.

How did you manage it?  Have you existing health conditions? 

Or maybe it is where you are located.  I am in Chiang Mai.

I work and pay social security, maybe that is why i got it, i live in hua hin

18 hours ago, doctormann said:

I had my second Pfizer jab Yesterday - Central Festival Mall, Pattaya, administered by Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya.

It was quite busy in there but things proceeded smoothly.  It took a while for them to produce the vaccination certificate so I was there for maybe two hours altogether.  Overall, a good experience.

The certificate has a 13-digit ID number that can be used to access the Mor Prom app.  My vaccination record is now on that site - and on my phone, so no need to carry the paper version to get into restaurants, not that anyone seems to be enforcing that requirement, yet.  Things may change next month, of course.

I read the Thai cert is not accepted in USA / EUR / UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

I read the Thai cert is not accepted in USA / EUR / UK

Thai certificate with Pfizer is accepted in all countries 

I believe Sinovac is not accepted in some countries but may be just the usual scuttlebut

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, Kanada said:

However you get it…get it!!

I have to say the expatvac. registry worked very well for me (and others here too!)

No trouble registering and no trouble with getting an appt. after registration as a few seemed to have! 
Im not being smug…maybe I’m just fortunate 

I have to agree with you Kanada, although I had to take my time typing as some of the wording was a bit 'ambiguous' plus I had the same issue as all the others when it came to adding the files...Easily overcome tho by holding the Ctrl button down to add them all at the same time (& yes, I included my visa page etc. just in case!)...I was then amazed as my phone beeped with the appointment even before I'd clicked the last 'confirm' button ????

2 minutes ago, rayinkrabi said:

I have to agree with you Kanada, although I had to take my time typing as some of the wording was a bit 'ambiguous' plus I had the same issue as all the others when it came to adding the files...Easily overcome tho by holding the Ctrl button down to add them all at the same time (& yes, I included my visa page etc. just in case!)...I was then amazed as my phone beeped with the appointment even before I'd clicked the last 'confirm' button ????

I never did supply photo of my visa…just the passport photo and there was no problem! When I got there my visa was attached to pp. of course and they glanced at it!

I think a lot of people rush thru these applications without taking the time to read and then have problems with the app being accepted etc.

For me and many others it was flawless!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2021 at 2:17 PM, Kanada said:

I never did supply photo of my visa…just the passport photo and there was no problem! When I got there my visa was attached to pp. of course and they glanced at it!

I think a lot of people rush thru these applications without taking the time to read and then have problems with the app being accepted etc.

For me and many others it was flawless!

For me it was awful...really.... despite a flawless application.   Anyway, I got there in the end, and like quite a few others it was a very proactive experience. in which my record consisted of an inked entry at the end of the print outs.  

I've only just remembered this forum after reading (& having a good laugh) at the story of the Thai Health Minister being refused entry into Switzerland due to sinovac not being recognised.  I'd forgotten my reply to Kanada (above) so while I'm here thought it a good time for a quick update....

I've had both my Phizer jabs now and was dismayed (not surprised) that we were all 'herded like sheep' at Krabi hospital..(seemed to me they had lost the plot why it was necessary in the first place :-) ) Following the 2nd dose they told me 'can't print' so will send me my certificate by email...Never received :-)  I checked my online app, no success...Then I received a message that I had an appointment in Phuket for the 1st jab (??).  I did all the correct things & tried all the links etc. specified, especially the one where they say to contact if any details wrong (They had shaved a month off my birth date along the way :-)....Still nothing until a very kind lady (a Doctor or Nurse?) at Krabi hospital who speaks good English, helped by forwarding my Line messages to someone (?) after which I received  my certificate as an attachment...Unsigned with missing details on it & still wrong birth date :-)....So I bit the bullet & went in person to the Ministry of Health office again (something I'd been dreading as the young chap that first took my original details never bothered with a face mask!).  While there I applied for the yellow Inter'l certificate (50 bt) & was told they will call me to collect it in a week (can not do online :-) ) ...Nothing.... so I returned a few weeks later to collect.  Lots more to this story but thats just a summary.  I'm curious if any others out there had similar experiences?  Regards, Ray.