Gov’t assures all COVID-19 patients of full care

snoop1130

1e6945a080b5895a1ff10a56c2416860_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government has assured all COVID-19 patients, who may receive treatment at home or at a community isolation center, that they will be closely monitored by medical professionals, and promising the provision of 40 million tablets monthly of locally produced Favipiravir antiviral from October.

Mr Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, secretary to a Minister attached to the Office of the Prime Minister, has given an assurance that COVID-19 patients with milder symptoms will be closely monitored by medical teams via a telemedicine platform while receiving treatment at home or at a community isolation center.

He said the government has developed the BKK HI Care platform which allows doctors to monitor patients’ condition remotely.

With the ongoing surge in COVID-19 cases, beds at general hospitals and field hospitals have been prioritized for COVID-19 patients with more serious symptoms. Patients with milder symptoms are encouraged to sign up with the Home Isolation (HI) scheme where their symptoms will be continuously monitored via telemedicine channels, or to seek admission to a community isolation center should their housing arrangements be inadequate for home isolation.

Patients who receive a positive COVID-19 test result can sign up for the BKK HI Care platform on the LINE messaging application, either by manually adding the platform’s official account or by scanning the provided QR code.

So far, 285 healthcare facilities in Bangkok are now taking care of some 9,000 patients on this platform.

Mr Thanakorn said today the government is now working to ensure a sufficient inventory of Favipiravir, an antiviral drug used in Thailand for COVID-19 treatment. The government is now relying on foreign imports of the drug, as the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) is only in the early stages of producing the drug locally.

The GPO is expected to start delivering locally produced Favipiravir drug under the trade name Favir from this month, with production capacity expected to reach at least 40 million tablets per month from October onwards.

nnt.jpg

And yet they are going into apartment buildings checking for bodies.  Perhaps that is care.  

Look, when you die from COVID what happens is your oxygen level goes down past 95, usually around 70 and eventually your organs fail.  And that's it.

You will be fine one minute, a few hours later you will be graveyard dead.  Your organs can only go on so long with so little oxygen.  There is no time to call anyone because you won't even know what's going on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Patients who receive a positive COVID-19 test result can sign up for the BKK HI Care platform on the LINE messaging application

I'd laugh out loud reading such nonsense if this wasn't such a serious topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

They discharged my sister in law, not fully recovered, with a  bunch of tablets...Thailand is indeed a 3rd world country.They should stop looking down on countries such India, for example...

Most Thais I know desire to remain blissfully oblivious to any concept other than Thailand being the center of universe. 

• Like 2

So they are giving out tablets which I have not heard other countries doing and I thought in most cases the only way to cure covid was to simply stay at home and let it pass in 1-2 weeks with basic tablets like paracetamol, unless severely ill and in icu. ????

Plus what is happening to those foreigners testing positive but don’t have health insurance as I’m sure there are plenty .

• Like 1

Rapidly approaching Monty Python territory here.

Vague promises, a bit of snake oil (literally as they have a favipiravir syrup now).

Got to feel for these officials who have to try to make it look they have control of the situation.

Given my experiences with various Thai applications and websites, I'm thinking that telemedicine will be a challenge.

Options will include submitting your symptoms by mail? And waiting five weeks for a diagnosis.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Vague promises, a bit of snake oil (literally as they have a favipiravir syrup now).

Got to feel for these officials who have to try to make it look they have control of the situation.

Given my experiences with various Thai applications and websites, I'm thinking that telemedicine will be a challenge.

Options will include submitting your symptoms by mail? And waiting five weeks for a diagnosis.

You'll get your diagnoses back with your 90 day mailed in report.  Will save them stamps.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What if you get a virus?

On your PC/laptop....

• Haha 1