Baht could sink even further, analyst warns

webfact

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

The economic gurus on Youtube are always saying the dollar is about to collapse but no sign of it yet despite the trillions being printed.

These economic gurus are generally snake oil salesmen. Examples could be Peter Schiff, Mike Maloney, Mark Faber, and the list goes on. Spouting the same nonsense for many years. They will likely be dead by the time they can say they was correct. And strangely, they sell the product they are bullish on 555.

• Like 2

NZ$ verses the Thai baht has reached a near 4 year high at 23.45. But is still a wee way off the 10 year high of 28.49 back in 2014, and well up on the unexpected extreme low of 18.61 in March 2020. When I first started to frequent thailand several years ago 24-25 baht was the norm. 

• Like 1

Long time coming and well deserved. Personally, I thought the Thai Baht became very strong costing tourists a fortune. The Thai Tourists Association not happy with that, started putting out the feelers for upper-class tourists to drain the pockets of Farangs internationally Not caring a not for Thai exports. leaving Thailand Over 6 years ago, the grass really is greener on the other side. All that visa innuendo, is such a bind having to go and sign whatever or even online. And God help you if you forget. I’m not going to slag off THAILAND is a nice place but there is better places believe me. My pet hate and Thailand is sanctimonious Thai apologists Expats. My Thai wife this, my Thai wife that? Who really cares to be honest. Filipino girls for instance, are very pretty as well With a vast array of choice. I’m just trying to say it’s not the be all and end of it all. Our company is going to  invest heavily in Thailand, so I have no choice but to come and work there from time to time but I’m sure I will be able to indulge in Thai delicacies if you get my drift ha ha. 

Rant over

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pracha Duang said:

Excellent news for anyone getting paid in USD from US companies that don’t care where you live ( vast majority of US companies post-covid. Learn to code folks!! ). Bad news for everyone else. Buy BTC and ETH now. Non-usd fiat will be worthless within five years. BTC is literally the only protection people have.

Here’s to hoping we see 60 baht / USD. I will go from Viceroy to God if true. Fingers crossed ???? 

I would guess from that, you're aged mid 30's

1 hour ago, joloit said:

Maybe the donated vaccines will get more expensive for us now ????

Went to get the Pfizer vaccine today at the Chiang Rai OBJ. All they had was Sinovac. Most people do not realize that Sinovac does not cover the Delta Variant which is mostly in circulation now. Thailand has purchased millions of doses of Sinovac which is useless against the Delta Variant. It does cover the A Variant. Not sure but I think Thailand has already purchased 50 million doses of Sinovac which is worthless against the Delta Variant.  I have an appointment on August 23 at Mae Fah Luang University Hospital for the Astro Vaccine. It is effective against the Delta Variant. Guess I will have to wait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I think the Thai banks have been carrying bad loans for a very loooong time....One day a spectacular day of reckoning will come...

I hope it does because they have been recklessly lending to people with no hope of paying it back for the last three Decades !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I hope it does because they have been recklessly lending to people with no hope of paying it back for the last three Decades !

I don't know about that. Mortage loans are not that easy to get. Must be employed with good history, max term of loan 20 years...so if you are 45 you only get 15 year loan, etc. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Because then they have no control over monetary policy.....and are in effect giving a free loan to the USA. 

One just warns the US if they don't play fair we'll print some extra UDs to pay the "Loan" that you refer to. ????

10 minutes ago, Almer said:

It baffles me how a self employed electrician ( i use the word loosely) can finance a car 800.000 and use his out of work daughter to be guarantor,  wel the sh!t has hit the fan and it us "dont look at me time"

What baffles me is how some are quick to jump to conclusions, appearances are and always will be deceptive, we have a multi millionaire(£) living in a shack around the corner from us.

Out of work does not equate to out of assets.

• Sad 1