Pattaya Darkest Hour

Banana7

45 minutes ago, riclag said:

Living here with a private and Govt  pension from the states makes one humble ,when I see this !

I tell my wife a couple of times a week ,how lucky we are ! 

Thanks  for posting that video!

There are many place in The States where you could also tell your wife, "How lucky we are" as well.  

3 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Greedy landlords find a way to keep collecting rent even when business is closed. Only stupid landlords kick renters out and leave their properties vacant for years

A common refrain but likely uninformed and outdated.  Are you actually in Pattaya now?  For example, NWG, with 26 bars ATM, states landlords are not charging any rent for their properties.  

40 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

A common refrain but likely uninformed and outdated.  Are you actually in Pattaya now?  For example, NWG, with 26 bars ATM, states landlords are not charging any rent for their properties.  

I believe that's not the case across all of their properties.  

I believe some landlords have been more understanding than others.  

In any case, what do the Thai landlords care?  The lease and key money is ticking away, and NWG are caretakers for keeping the squatters out and the property from going derelict.  

By the time covid is finished, new contracts will be needed.  How understanding do you think the Thai landlords will be at that time?  

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be honest, we know its bad but if Thailand does not open up fully without daft hoops and stuff in the very near future, its going to get a hell of a lot worse next year

Agreed......This place will be looking like Detroit or Beirut in another year,,,,

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

I never said I have more knowledge.  I am always learning here.  

I have met many expats here who have been in Thailand many more years than me, yet, when you ask them where they have been in Thailand, all they know is Pattaya / Phuket / Hua Hin etc and "the village" in issan. 

Many of them haven't even visited another country in South East Asia, yet, will tell you how Thailand is the best country in South East Asia.  Credibility ZERO for me.

No. For me Thailand isn't the best country. I know Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines and others. Alone on the Philippines I lived for several years. Thailand has one big advantage - it has a very good infrastructure for western tourist and western expats. But there are also tax laws that make it interesting... 

Woman in red doesnt exactly look malnourished neither do the people in the queue getting  food, not exactly dainty are they. What they miss is  the "easy  life" jobs are available but they DONT want to do them, shortage of  people to work on the land for a  start , sitting on your ass  all day in a bar or  selling food is easier.

ftties.jpg

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

looks like she has eaten to much McD's during the good time.... the other lass has a nice rack !!

Many farang would surely be there to support her if they could only get back in the country.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Very good and true quote. 

These people went to Pattaya with no shame to give them sexual pleasures, they should go back where they came from, they will be looked after, especially as they were sending back Gunther, Bert, and Svenn's hard earned cash. No one starves in Thailand, they are not willing to lose face and go home but looking for the farang to help them out. 

Most have gone home, but for many others they haven't got a home to go back to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually I think its the first time my wife's family are happy she married a farang that can support her whilst many of her relatives are losing jobs and houses

There's certainly a newly rediscovered appreciation for farang dollars to be found in Thailand.

• Like 2

Actually I think its the first time my wife's family are happy she married a farang that can support her whilst many of her relatives are losing jobs and houses

I have to admit that I have seen an increased level of gratitude from my regular massage lady.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2009 said:

No sympathy for the CSWs, with the prices they charge!

Any of them working just a few years ought to have a mil in the bank.

That said, I do have some sympathy for the regular waitresses, staff etc. etc.

However, many of them have foreign sponsors and that's why they work there anyway, so my sympathy wains too. They might as well just be honest about their intent and profession.

I am sure there are some genuine ones tho.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The people lining up all turn up on motorbikes (see bottom of photo) the real homeless on beach road seem to miss out.

Anyway the video just exaggerates the issue how about for balance including new places opening and all the new condos being built

Screenshot_2021-08-05-14-47-31-137_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

Well to be fair Bali Hi is pretty far from where most people live....I would ride a motorbike too if I was going there....

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Woman in red doesnt exactly look malnourished neither do the people in the queue getting  food, not exactly dainty are they. What they miss is  the "easy  life" jobs are available but they DONT want to do them, shortage of  people to work on the land for a  start , sitting on your ass  all day in a bar or  selling food is easier.

ftties.jpg

Could you state where the jobs are available and how much the salary is and what is the job doing , I know some locals who are looking for work 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

However, many of them have foreign sponsors and that's why they work there anyway, so my sympathy wains too. They might as well just be honest about their intent and profession.

Like, wear a special little sticker at all times? Show copies of their bankbooks? We don't like the latter at Immigration.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Point is they have enough money to have motorbikes, the real homeless further up the road on beach road are probably still lying in the doorways, no motorbike to get food

You seem to be getting "homeless" and motorbikeless" mixed up .