Where would you choose to be for the next 12 months? If you could be Whisked Off on a Magic Carpet, all expenses paid, Where would you Be?

32 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is NSW sort of like Vail,Colorado, with lots of powder? 

Watch your moguls in NSW. 

Skiing is all about the beautiful execution. 

Yes, however this trip will be for the kids who haven't seen the snow.

My days of skiing would be over, don't think the knees, let alone thighs and calve muscles would take it, as keen as I would be, I remember doing black diamond runs with mates from the moment they opened the chair lifts, till they closed them as the sun was going down, then have a shower, eat and go out on the front valley with the big bright lights and machines creating powder for those of us stupid enough, talk about exhausting times. 

I would be content catching the snow tube up to the valley and parking myself and the kids in the big pub, grabbing a kebab and a few cold ones, as expensive as they would be, including the trip, but it's a once in a lifetime for them before dad goes skiing higher up when the time comes, so it would be one of many more memories for them.

In the Agean onboard the chartered Ermis 2 

spacer.png

Expenses do include fuel? Right! (prefer to own it but that was not the question)

2nd choice on the dive boat in around Solomons.

Edited by VocalNeal

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

I assume the carpet is free, all else will cost you... 

but where are the pictures from? All in the same place? 

Monaco, St. Lucia, and Sardinia. Gorgeous spots. But expensive. So, I would have to clarify the terms of the offer. I thought it said all expenses. LOL. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

that's what they do in prisons now in USA... 

I do hope you give your family a fair trial by jury first... 

I'm the one who has been sentenced, they told me where they were taking me, no choice., I just supply the means $'s and of course go along forcibly ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Good Heavens!  I thought they were the hookers' grandmothers......  Are those 2 barboys behind them in the last photo?

I have friends who went there just for fun. They said it was one of the scariest places they had ever been.

And American desperados pay 26,000 baht for an hour of that. What can one even say? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have friends who went there just for fun. They said it was one of the scariest places they had ever been.

And American desperados pay 26,000 baht for an hour of that. What can one even say? 

What one can say is if you are happy with Thai ladies no need to bring others down. They have nice smiles. Leave them be. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

What one can say is if you are happy with Thai ladies no need to bring others down. They have nice smiles. Leave them be. 

As we all realize, hooking is not a career that one chooses when one is still in elementary school. This is why the trade is called the Meat Market.

When I get to Ellesmere Island, aboard my magic carpet, I will land in a pristine place, pristine in body and mind.

I will not peer at women.

Instead, I will peer at heavenly bodies using my small telescope.

I know that I will never actually GET to Ellesmere.

Just a dream.

The reason I will never get there is because, I do not see the point in going there.

It's only a fantasy.

Sometimes, adults must distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Still, it is the dream that keeps us alive, maybe.

And, maybe it is self-restraint which protects us from eating too much sugar.

Sugar.

Ah, honey, honey.

You are my candy girl

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I will peer at heavenly bodies using my small telescope.

oh my!!

since it is your fantasy. bring a larger telescope to the party... even if it is just medium sized.. 

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How does that work? It seems a fair mix out there.. I think it has been said that the trouble with reality is that it doesn't live up to my smallest fantasy... 

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As we all realize, hooking is not a career that one chooses when one is still in elementary school. This is why the trade is called the Meat Market.

When I get to Ellesmere Island, aboard my magic carpet, I will land in a pristine place, pristine in body and mind.

I will not peer at women.

Instead, I will peer at heavenly bodies using my small telescope.

I know that I will never actually GET to Ellesmere.

Just a dream.

The reason I will never get there is because, I do not see the point in going there.

It's only a fantasy.

Still, it is the dream that keeps us alive, maybe.

And, maybe it is self-restraint which protects us from eating too much sugar.

Sugar.

Ah, honey, honey.

You are my candy girl

Nice to have fantasies. Allowing your fantasies, feelings, and thoughts free reign on a site like this  runs the risk of crossing the line from interesting to indulgence. 

I think that flows through to all topics on this site and we are all guilty of crossing the line between the two. For me it's not good and bad or political correctness. It's what is interesting and what is indulgence. Not talking about a particular topic or post now. 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Scary in what way? 

Like halloween funny, horror movie unsettling or walking around w/a rolex on a border street between the Bloods and Crips? 

All three, no doubt. Years ago, I was with my nephew who was visiting Thailand for his first time. He really wanted to see an infamous sex show. So, we went to Patpong. It had been a long time since I had been there, and it had really gone downhill. We ended up peeking into about 10 upstairs joints with sex shows. All of the women were 45 or older, some were fat, and all were ugly, and naked. I do not know about you, but I would rather see an older, ugly woman with all of her clothes on.

We finally decided we were going to have to try one. We spent the entire time sitting near the stage, with our backs to the stage, talking about the really cool collection of 1960's and 1970's blacklight concert posters on the walls. Every time I glanced over at the stage it was traumatic. Like, "I might need to see a therapist traumatic"! 

That is the kind of scary I am talking about. Patpong sex show scary. Mustang Ranch scary. American hooker scary. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

All three, no doubt. Years ago, I was with my nephew who was visiting Thailand for his first time. He really wanted to see an infamous sex show. So, we went to Patpong. It had been a long time since I had been there, and it had really gone downhill. We ended up peeking into about 10 upstairs joints with sex shows. All of the women were 45 or older, some were fat, and all were ugly, and naked. I do not know about you, but I would rather see an older, ugly woman with all of her clothes on.

We finally decided we were going to have to try one. We spent the entire time sitting near the stage, with our backs to the stage, talking about the really cool collection of 1960's and 1970's blacklight concert posters on the walls. Every time I glanced over at the stage it was traumatic. That is the kind of scary I am talking about. Patpong sex show scary. Mustang Ranch scary. American hooker scary. 

Haven't been to Patpong since late 90s... the only thing scary then was that you could fall in love in 15 minutes or less... 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Why not bring a slightly bigger telescope, some photographic equipment, a PC and you can take pictures like the below fairly easy.

FB_IMG_1628332404188.jpg

FB_IMG_1628332370899.jpg

Is this your own attempt at astrophotography?  If so, pretty amazing.  I assume you used a clock drive and long exposure.  In order to accomplish this, then one might need to spend some money.

As you probably know, Ellesmere Island is sort of a desert, and thus, probably the viewing from the island could be spectacular.

I guess, however, that one must be a very dedicated amateur astronomer, in order to use one's scope in the winter months, even when viewing might be best.

-50 degrees C is cold enough to crack one's teeth, if one were to smile, as some do in the LOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Nice to have fantasies. Allowing your fantasies, feelings, and thoughts free reign on a site like this  runs the risk of crossing the line from interesting to indulgence. 

I think that flows through to all topics on this site and we are all guilty of crossing the line between the two. For me it's not good and bad or political correctness. It's what is interesting and what is indulgence. Not talking about a particular topic or post now. 

I agree.

This is why i mentioned, in a previous note, the need to rein in all desires, lest one appear more foolish than one knows one is.

So...

You used the word free reign.

would never use your misspelling, simply because I prefer to use Free Rein, instead.

In my opinion, if you wish to fantasize that the words REIN, REIGN, falling RAIN, and other spellings, such as RANE, a boys name, can all be used interchangeably, then...please....

Dream on....my friend. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

French Polynesia any day .

Are now we are getting to somewhere more like it . I was just about to stay where I am after reading about Arizona and seeing fat American women.   Blue skies , blue sea and white sand is more like it. I just hope no one says all that is at places here starting with P. Oh and to add .................no one talking about covid every 5 mins.

46 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Are now we are getting to somewhere more like it . I was just about to stay where I am after reading about Arizona and seeing fat American women.   Blue skies , blue sea and white sand is more like it. I just hope no one says all that is at places here starting with P. Oh and to add .................no one talking about covid every 5 mins.

Yes, Mister.  Let's not mention the C word here....please.

Thank you.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is this your own attempt at astrophotography?  If so, pretty amazing.  I assume you used a clock drive and long exposure.  In order to accomplish this, then one might need to spend some money.

As you probably know, Ellesmere Island is sort of a desert, and thus, probably the viewing from the island could be spectacular.

I guess, however, that one must be a very dedicated amateur astronomer, in order to use one's scope in the winter months, even when viewing might be best.

-50 degrees C is cold enough to crack one's teeth, if one were to smile, as some do in the LOS.

Not my work. It is a friend I follow on FB. He takes the pictures from his backyard. 

I have experienced -50C before, just impossible to work outdoor. With the right shelter you could sit in your pajamas and explore the night sky. ????

Screenshot_20210807-195005_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-194852_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I dont mind being here nowhere else i would want to be. Maybe the French island of Reunion and do some shark fishing.

Still i hate moving around I certainly would not want to be back in the Netherlands.

I can survive pretty ok in BKK, pool available home gym so most things are ok. Would feel better if i was vaccinated though.

Where in bangkok