Check your makro opening times

Crossy

9 minutes ago, BE88 said:

I agree. We are starting a serious problem of food supply now in Thailand not to mention the food imported to us expats so many essentials.

For some reason i can't get royal canin aeging dog food anymore. It went up 50% in price and the stock dried up. So yes seems there is an import prtoblem too. And no for the funny guys the dog food is not for me to eat. Just got an old (slowly dying) dog that seems to live best on that stuff.

So there are problems with imports and local food is getting less too because of factories closing. Nothing major though.

Open 07.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m. is all very well, but get there @ 5 pm and all the fresh meat counters are being cleaned as empty, this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks....

Yesterday went to Big C @ 3 pm,  all the shops outside and inside were closed. Bank + mobile phone shops, KFC had a barrier + notice saying Home delivery only....  very few people inside, many things missing, most of the sugar was gone, most of the Rice was gone, lots of empty shelves in food stuff....  thought odd the TV section + Fridge + Garden section stuff was open 

Here in Pattaya we have two Makros, a big and a medium, I was in the bigger one yesterday, all shelves fully stocked, had all the items I usually buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

For some reason i can't get royal canin aeging dog food anymore. It went up 50% in price and the stock dried up. So yes seems there is an import prtoblem too. And no for the funny guys the dog food is not for me to eat. Just got an old (slowly dying) dog that seems to live best on that stuff.

So there are problems with imports and local food is getting less too because of factories closing. Nothing major though.

There is a well-known problem of lack of freight containers and this greatly affects world trade and prices.

I use the Pedigree for my dog who is seven years old which seems to me to be fine because he has gained a lot of weight these last two years becoming double his weight, my wife keeps telling me the dog has no more food as if he still have to gain weight more and more. LOL

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

Cider, Wine Gums, Fruit Gums, Midget Gems.......White Bread without sugar!

If you live in the Pattaya area, you can get excellent white bread without sugar in Big C, Pattaya Klang. It has big thick slices and is called "English bread". Great for toasting.

We live about 40 km from a Lotus'ss, Makro or Big C and have noticed it hard to find chicken local.  Pork is still available but goes quick.  Bread is hard to find.  Ventured out to the closest 7-11 and the shelves had a lot of bare spots.  Order a lot of groceries online but noticed delivery times that used to be two days are now 4-7 days.  

Been putting off going to Makro in Pak Chong, Saraburi or Lop Buri.  Thanks for the heads up on Makro hours!

On 8/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, CharlieH said:

I noticed in my local Makro that some stock was low or missing, and many more empty spaces than usual on the pallet storage racks.

7 -11 seemed very low or missing items too.

I did read some where that supply chain and production plants were being hit by closures because of Covid.

Opening hours here in Pattaya same as mentioned above. Stocks look pretty OK except a few items that maybe they don't carry anymore. 

Here in the Bang Saen both Makro & Tesco is not running out.

We normal go shopping around 10:30/11:00.
As we being told by Makro that second time products come, Is around 10:00 (Not the morning product that come early)
And they all was putting product where it need to go when we there. So might be the truth.

Nothing we need is missing.

Kindly. 

On 8/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, CharlieH said:

I noticed in my local Makro that some stock was low or missing, and many more empty spaces than usual on the pallet storage racks.

7 -11 seemed very low or missing items too.

I did read some where that supply chain and production plants were being hit by closures because of Covid.

I got the last loaf of bread in my local Tesco mini mart yesterday, the 7-11s were sold out.

Just back from Makro in Hua Hin.

New opening times posted as 6 am to 8 pm.

However, once inside I thought there had been a run on the place. Almost no frozen veg, or fruit ( my Mulberry wine production is going to take a dive...), also, many dairy products missing. Freezers were more than half empty with no choice of products, and many were turned off. The large open fridge normally bursting with all the Thai meatballs etc. looked barren with only a few dozen packs of things no one wants. All the fresh meat counters were closed and roped off, also, when looking at the aisles with kitchen equipment, glasses, fans etc, they were all roped off with big signs saying they were not for sale because of Covid. 

However !!!!............There was ample supplies of toilet rolls.......................( a dig from last year in England, panic buying.)

14 hours ago, jesimps said:

If you live in the Pattaya area, you can get excellent white bread without sugar in Big C, Pattaya Klang. It has big thick slices and is called "English bread". Great for toasting.

Thanks Mate!....I live on Samui, but I will check out Big C here.....Is it in the bakery section or on the shelves somewhere in the store where you are?