Thai police detain man over death of Swiss tourist

Jonathan Fairfield

The Thai police are quite efficient as the community work with them. When living in Thailand I saw break and enters solved very quickly as there was always someone who saw something and they are happy to talk to the police. In the west people stay quiet…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

The PM also put pressure on local police to “wrap up” the case quickly to avoid long and extensive attention to the case.

"It's finished."

Yeah,

and that is BAD, and encourages and pressurizes the local plod, with limited intelligence, to find a ' scapegoat '

I am not defending him, I will wait and hope the DNA is fairly done and conclusive. I just don't want an innocent man in jail and life ruined whilst the real criminal carries on regardless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caldera said:
6 hours ago, harada said:

Just saw the cctv pic, If I had just committed murder I don’t think that I would pull up on the wrong side of the road and look up at a cctv camera located high on a post, a bit sus.

Unless he was on drugs at the time.

Unless he hadn't committed the murder at that time.

4 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

yes looks it but was a very quick arrest would be good to know how they did it 

They looked at the local CCTV and saw the victim and also saw the suspect and they went to interview the suspect and he had suspicious scratches cuts and bruises on him and he confessed to the crime and they arrested him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grain said:

Any word about DNA match yet? Rape? So presumably there's semen, it's highly unlikely the rapist managed to put on a condom during the struggle. 

The reports say there was attempted rape but she fought back and this surprised the suspect and he killed her (suspect's account). He may never got his pants off...but his DNA is probably under victim's fingernails as he's reportedly pretty scratched up.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

and that is BAD, and encourages and pressurizes the local plod, with limited intelligence, to find a ' scapegoat '

I am not defending him, I will wait and hope the DNA is fairly done and conclusive. I just don't want an innocent man in jail and life ruined whilst the real criminal carries on regardless.

I agree with your second paragraph.

As for the local "plod", they were there, but not running the show as in the Koh Tao murder case.

Quote from Phuket News:

"Senior, experienced police investigators were immediately dispatched to the island to take command of the investigation and ensuing manhunt. The task was not left to local police until it was clear that the task was beyond their capabilities."

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-how-to-catch-a-killer-80972.php

• Like 1