AZ at BHP Today

Doctor Tom

On 8/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, Kerryd said:

I registered on that "expatvac" site 9 days ago. Was sent a confirmation and told to wait for an appointment to be sent by email which I would have 24 hours to acknowledge or it would be cancelled.

Still waiting.

Of note, I am also registered for a Moderna vaccine at a different hospital. Spoke to my doctor at BHP yesterday and he told me if I already had a jab of AZ, it would be better to get a jab of Moderna than to get the 2nd AZ jab. He said if I do get the Moderna, I wouldn't even need the 2nd AZ shot at all.

So fingers crossed the hospital in Chacheongsao actually gets the vaccine in October.

I also registered and payed for a Moderna jab in Chachoengsao (Chularat 3 hospital) a while back. About 2 weeks ago I was told they would not be able to supply as per agreement and I then registered for a refund. Then a week ago I received an SMS saying I could get the jab anyway.

All in all I will be very surprised if I'll be able to get a jab there at all.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, topt said:

Please do as mine is due same day originally from your link  believe......

Not seen the latest posts but, as an update, I contacted BPH by Facebook Messenger and was advised that I was booked for 19th August vaccination. They indicated that they will send me an SMS 24 hours ahead of the date. The response by BPH to my query was fast. So the link seems to have been OK.

As a further update, I also tried to book for the BPH Intervac appointment, going live at 9am today (16th). Just in case the 19th August booking fell through, but would cancel before the end of the registration period if i did get the jab this week. Filled in the form and after submit received a message that indicated I was already booked for 19th August. So sounds good. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Not seen the latest posts but, as an update, I contacted BPH by Facebook Messenger and was advised that I was booked for 19th August vaccination. They indicated that they will send me an SMS 24 hours ahead of the date. The response by BPH to my query was fast. So the link seems to have been OK.

As a further update, I also tried to book for the BPH Intervac appointment, going live at 9am today (16th). Just in case the 19th August booking fell through, but would cancel before the end of the registration period if i did get the jab this week. Filled in the form and after submit received a message that indicated I was already booked for 19th August. So sounds good. 

They seem extremely well organised and on the day, you will notice that. It's good hospital, if a little pricey on some things, but at least the vaccines are free. Bit of advice, no need to go to hospital reception.  Just go starlight to building D/B, it all goes on there and they have a small reception set up for arrivals. You will see other farangs milling ( hobbling) around there. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, I filled out the form when BHP went live on thailandintervac  at 9am and afterward got the screen to copy when I appear on Tuesday the 7th of September at their prescribed hour.

AZx2.

I've never been there before but they handled registration well.  If I can finagle some Pfizer through expatvac before then I will cancel the appointment, but not until after I get the jab.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, KhunBENQ said:

My friend is a registered patient and just had an operation.

He applied for the vaccination and got a confirmation message for the 10th.

Showing up with his passport and they struggled for half an hour to find him on the list.

Interesting new twist:

he got his AZ shot on the 10th at BHP building.

Today he receives an SMS from BHP that his Pfizer(!) vaccination is due for tomorrow(!) at Central shopping mall.

I could not give better advise than going there and check out with qualified staff member.

I doubt that this is any good, a second vaccination after 8 days.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

As I understand it, that will be no good for him, as the initial vaccine will not have had enough time to do its work. He will need a third vaccine to make up for that and that may be difficult to find . 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

As I understand it, that will be no good for him, as the initial vaccine will not have had enough time to do its work. He will need a third vaccine to make up for that and that may be difficult to find . 

I am quite sure that this is an error in the record keeping at BHP.

He could try to arrange a second shot with Pfizer after an appropriate time span which seems to be OK and considered even better than two AZ shots.

I posted this on the BHP thread also.  

I'm 66 and filled out the registration form based on the link that someone had posted about a week and a half a half, maybe two weeks ago to received the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I went for my appointment this afternoon, scheduled between 1500 and 1600, but showed up early around 1420 and was accepted right away, no waiting.  What initially surprised me was that the first thing I was asked was if I wanted the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine so, of course, it was no brainer and I chose the Pfizer.  They asked to see the confirmation SMS which I received last night and my passport.  I was handed a questionnaire to fill out then sent to the reception desk where they assigned me a number and handed me the appointment for my second dose 3 weeks later.  On to the next station, they checked my blood pressure and off I went upstairs, 10th floor I believe, to get the jab.  Waiting time at every station was no longer than about 2 to 3 minutes.  I got the jab and off to the big conference room to be observed for 30 minutes and then I was done.  I was in and out of there well under an hour.  The staff were very professional and everything was setup to run very smoothly.  I was glad to be able to get the Pfizer vaccine.  I hope it goes this smoothly for the rest of you who have already signed up.  Thanks to whoever it was who had posted the link to BHP for the vaccine signup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am quite sure that this is an error in the record keeping at BHP.

He could try to arrange a second shot with Pfizer after an appropriate time span which seems to be OK and considered even better than two AZ shots.

That is now a fact that so many go different options , and are afraid they would not get some jab , hence a so the favoring for a certain brand one ,and so taking risks to not follow safety prescriptions like the interval time .

If i was your friends case i would try to change the in between time as the health is the highest priority !

PS 8 days is almost as a double doze .....

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

If i was your friends case i would try to change the in between time as the health is the highest priority !

He did register only once at BHP (after I kicked him to do something, he is a high risk person).

Hope he can arrange to get the second shot as Pfizer in some 3 or 4 weeks from now (combination recommended by some qualified articles, German medical journos).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PattayaDavid said:

I posted this on the BHP thread also.  

I'm 66 and filled out the registration form based on the link that someone had posted about a week and a half a half, maybe two weeks ago to received the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I went for my appointment this afternoon, scheduled between 1500 and 1600, but showed up early around 1420 and was accepted right away, no waiting.  What initially surprised me was that the first thing I was asked was if I wanted the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine so, of course, it was no brainer and I chose the Pfizer.  They asked to see the confirmation SMS which I received last night and my passport.  I was handed a questionnaire to fill out then sent to the reception desk where they assigned me a number and handed me the appointment for my second dose 3 weeks later.  On to the next station, they checked my blood pressure and off I went upstairs, 10th floor I believe, to get the jab.  Waiting time at every station was no longer than about 2 to 3 minutes.  I got the jab and off to the big conference room to be observed for 30 minutes and then I was done.  I was in and out of there well under an hour.  The staff were very professional and everything was setup to run very smoothly.  I was glad to be able to get the Pfizer vaccine.  I hope it goes this smoothly for the rest of you who have already signed up.  Thanks to whoever it was who had posted the link to BHP for the vaccine signup.

Question ,

Was this at  6th floor,
Central Festival Pattaya Beach. ? as tomorrow is my appointment 

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Question ,

Was this at  6th floor,
Central Festival Pattaya Beach. ? as tomorrow is my appointment 

I don't think the vaccination schedule for there has started yet. Did you not receive a confirmation with location?

My understanding is all the current BPH comments refer to vaccinations in Building D at BPH. I, and some others who  reported 10 days or so ago, are due to go Thursday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topt said:

I don't think the vaccination schedule for there has started yet. Did you not receive a confirmation with location?

My understanding is all the current BPH comments refer to vaccinations in Building D at BPH. I, and some others who  reported 10 days or so ago, are due to go Thursday.

No , i got appointment at Central Festival Pattaya Beach 6floor tomorrow     11-12 , SMS mentioned Pfizer 

i just wanted to know if poster was talking about  that location too , but i guess it was Pattaya's Bangkok hospital as Festival has no 10 floors i think (where he was jabbed ).  So different vaccination place 

Edited by david555

Just now, PattayaDavid said:

No, this was at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya building D.

Thx  , i thought already , but so many vacc. topic's  , i almost don't know anymore where i post ...????

For Freddie's Sake people. READ.

The AZ vaccinations are being given at Building D at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

The Pfizer vaccinations are being given by BHP on the 6th floor of Central Festival  Pattaya. 

Thanks to a message above I checked my SMS messages and found I have a Pfizer Vaccination today (this morning actually) at Central Festival.

That is 15 days after I got the AZ jab at BHP. I will ask them when I get there if I should wait, but who knows if they'll schedule another vaccination.

Also, the Pfizer vaccination is probably the result of registering on that expatvac site. Has to be, as I doubt BHP would have arbitrarily made an appointment for me to get a different vaccine after having already given me the AZ just over 2 weeks earlier.

Annoying that BHP phones me the day before I have an appointment, but didn't phone me about this vaccination. Had I not seen the post above about the SMS message, I would have missed the appointment.

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Interesting new twist:

he got his AZ shot on the 10th at BHP building.

Today he receives an SMS from BHP that his Pfizer(!) vaccination is due for tomorrow(!) at Central shopping mall.

I could not give better advise than going there and check out with qualified staff member.

Possibly the consequences of registering at multiple places, but far too early for the second jab and he should miss it. Presumably he received a suitable second jab appointment when he was done on the 10th at BHP..

Edited by jacko45k

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly the consequences of registering at multiple places, but far too early for the second jab and he should miss it. Presumably he received a suitable second jab appointment when he was done on the 10th at BHP..

i am with you on this , the guy is obviously booked for 2 different courses of vaccine, one for AZ and another for pfizer, he must have an appointment for his 2nd AZ jab, not a good idea to mix at this early stage, BHP are not linking 2 different registration system, only 1 set of jabs should be free.

Tried doing a quick (i.e. only a dozen sites) search to see if there was a minimum time between getting an AZ jab and another (of anything).

It seems most of the tests were done on people who had their 2nd shot 4-12 weeks after their first. 

Couldn't find anything saying that having a 2nd dose 2 weeks after the first shouldn't be done, but most agree that the longer between doses the better (but not longer than 12 weeks).

However, those studies were about people getting 2 does of the same type of vaccine. Remember, one type (like Sino and AZ) use attenuated virus cells and other types (like Moderna and Pfizer) use mRNA.
It seems one type produces more "T" cells and the other produces more "anti-bodies" and most research indicates that a shot of each is better than 2 shots of one.

Based on that, in my unprofessional opinion, I'd say getting a Pfizer dose within a couple weeks of an AZ jab shouldn't be an issue, as they are 2 different types of vaccine.
But if you had any kind of reaction to the first jab (of whatever, Sino or AZ) then you should probably wait before getting a second dose (of whatever).

I will ask the staff when I get there this morning and try to get an actual, educated (i.e. professional) opinion and post it when I get back.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

i am with you on this , the guy is obviously booked for 2 different courses of vaccine

He did not. Maybe repeating helps.

One registration at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

As written before they had problems to find him on the list for his first confirmed AZ shot at August 10. Finally managed it and got AZ with next appointment for Nov 2.

Later in the day I will know the outcome.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Just read a post in a German language forum.

A guy had his AZ shot on August 11, next appointment Nov 3.

And he got the same SMS from BHP for Pfizer vaccine today at Central.

That is roughly the same for me, first shot was on the 10th August, second appointment is for 2nd November 

BHP made it very clear to me, just now, that they are not giving second jabs of anything to anybody at the moment. Only exception is for front-line medical staff.

They called to offer me a leftover Pfizer shot. Come over, right now. When I explained that I had gotten my first jab just 4 weeks ago, they said it was good I mentioned that because on arrival the Public Health database would have been double-checked and I would have been sent away. Nicely, but without a jab.  

Just got back from Central Festival.
I had an SMS about getting a Pfizer shot there this morning.

Got to the 6th floor just before 9 and there was maybe 80 people already in line. (Bring a pen with you !!)

Got the the registration desk around 9:30. They were trying to send people that hadn't filled out the form to the back of the line, and directing those who had filled it out ahead of the others.

The form asks if you've had a vaccination (doesn't matter what kind) in the last 14 days. I checked "No".
But at the desk there's a sign saying you have to tell them if you have had a vaccination before (no matter what or when).

I was honest and told them they (Bangkok Hospital) had given me a shot over 2 weeks ago. That was it. Stopped my processing and sent me on my way.

The Pfizer shots are, for now, only for those who have not had another vaccination yet.

Got home a Bangkok Hospital phoned me to remind me that I was scheduled for a Pfizer shot (left hand not talking to the right hand).

I asked her about if I could get the Pfizer as a second dose. She wasn't sure and told me I should wait until the hospital calls me again (whenever, if ever, that may be).

Edited by Kerryd

Same here. Contacted Bumrungrad directly and asked for an appointment. They sent a short questionnaire and they gave an appointment for 3 days later with a choice of Pfizer or AstraZeneca. My family have used Bumrungrad for years. 
Day of vax all went very smoothly and quickly. Amazing organising process.

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Got home a Bangkok Hospital phoned me to remind me that I was scheduled for a Pfizer shot (left hand not talking to the right hand).

Despite what you may have heard, each private hospital is a separate business entity, no reason to talk to each other. There may well be a cross feed in doctors working in one or more of them,  but that's as far as it goes. That fact was supposed to be addressed using the National  websites, haha, good luck with that. 

Edited by Doctor Tom

20 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Just got back from Central Festival.
I had an SMS about getting a Pfizer shot there this morning.

Got to the 6th floor just before 9 and there was maybe 80 people already in line. (Bring a pen with you !!)

Got the the registration desk around 9:30. They were trying to send people that hadn't filled out the form to the back of the line, and directing those who had filled it out ahead of the others.

The form asks if you've had a vaccination (doesn't matter what kind) in the last 14 days. I checked "No".
But at the desk there's a sign saying you have to tell them if you have had a vaccination before (no matter what or when).

I was honest and told them they (Bangkok Hospital) had given me a shot over 2 weeks ago. That was it. Stopped my processing and sent me on my way.

The Pfizer shots are, for now, only for those who have not had another vaccination yet.

I asked her about if I could get the Pfizer as a second dose. She wasn't sure and told me I should wait until the hospital calls me again (whenever, if ever, that may be).

I had my first AZ shot 8 days ago at BHP. I have just this minute received an SMS telling me that I have an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine tomorrow at CFP.  Thanks for your post, as I will now ignore that SMS and  stick to the second AZ  shot appointment they gave me at BHP for 2nd November.  I don't particularity want to mix vaccines anyway.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have just this minute received an SMS telling me that I have an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine tomorrow at CFP.

Yours is the third report now (you, my friend, German forum).

My friend managed to find his way up to 6th floor.

About 200 foreigners queing

But he found a desk where he asked about the matter.

They excused for the error and cancelled this Pfizer vaccination(s).

They seem to have built a queue for Pfizer (wherever they get their data from) and haven't crosschecked for those who were already vaccinated at the BHP building. Appointment for Nov 2 (AZ) is unchanged.

Case closed.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1