Prominent Thai doctor says lockdown measures aren’t working, tighter ones won’t work either, ease them to save the economy and consider an export ban on Covid19 vaccines and greatly boost vaccination program

snoop1130

47 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not moot or I wouldn’t have asked.

With no lockdowns COVID-19 will spread even faster.

So I repeat, how does the doctor think ending lockdown restrictions will slow/ease the spread of the virus?

Just look at the cases in prisons the lockdown dosnt work it only contains the virus and stops any if any herd immunity. People need to have the vaccine and get on with their lives they were struggling to make a living before covid but now cant even do that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

But the families will still be in that small space when the day is done, they live in that space regardless of whether there is a lockdown or not. 

Yes but at least can save the economy or what is left of it.

And also save mental health of majority of people who are not afraid of living their life.

19 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't necessarily agree with the good Dr, if however the government gets their act together and finally gets hold of valid vaccines & not the pile of poo from you know where, then start an aggressive vaccination strategy right across the country then good, and as soon as people have had their 2nd dose of a vaccine that works then they can start to mingle & maybe go back to work a couple of weeks later.

Then the economy starts to recover, people start earning & spending, the government can start to organise booster shots for everyone and keep their citizens safe, look at the UK today, the economy grew by 4.8 % in the last quarter, why ? Because people have been vaccinated, the vaccine works, people are starting to go back to work, people have money to spend.

All this government wanted was their own production facility, to milk it financially along with you know who, now they are the most hated & despised people on the planet, they will soon be out of office and with any luck the Move Forward party will take over, rip up the fake/corrupt constitution and finally this country will start forward.

Nice to imagine but “you know who” is still around and that’s who is calling the shots.

• Like 1

Maybe in the wrong area but I noticed the booster vaccine is arriving for all 77 province front line staff tomorrow 14th August and they have had the 2 jabs so far and yes IMHO so they should.
I would like to ask why provinces outside or near Bangkok and they have been given jabs, so why are the general population and also many in their 70s have still not got even one jab and been registered for months and months.
Yes, no vaccines available and everyone blaming each other and playing with people's lives and the Thai family supported by foreign husbands.
An absolute disgrace 

Edited by jwest10
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Asking questions is criticism? My but you are thin skinned. 

Why a doctor would not want to ease infection rates is beyond me. 

Ah Bluespunk, master of the facile comment ???? Anyone who questions something that you say must obviously be "thin-skinned" ????

You didn't answer my question last time. What do you suggest that Thailand do that would be more effective than buying more vaccines? You seem to be very knowledgable about "easing infection rates".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Havent  noticed any lockdown measures,  just driven to Bangkok this  morning from Prachuap and  now  back  in Prachuap,  no checks  nada  zilch, interprovincial travel has no restrictions at  all.

Bangkok is a ghost town, everything is shut, restaurants,shops,parks, gyms.

There is a curfew and zero nightlife.

Don't know what else lockdown fans want to see to be happy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Just look at the cases in prisons the lockdown dosnt work it only contains the virus and stops any if any herd immunity. People need to have the vaccine and get on with their lives they were struggling to make a living before covid but now cant even do that.

That is an argument for vaccination not ending lockdowns. 

Herd immunity in the short or even medium term is unlikely, we are probably going to need vaccinations for a longtime to come yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nkg said:

Ah Bluespunk, master of the facile comment ???? Anyone who questions something that you say must obviously be "thin-skinned" ????

You didn't answer my question last time. What do you suggest that Thailand do that would be more effective than buying more vaccines? You seem to be very knowledgable about "easing infection rates".

Ah nkg the master of abuse when can’t answer points made. 

My question was how will ending lockdowns ease infection rates. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Spelling

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Ah ngk the master of abuse when can’t answer points made. 

The question is, how not easing it is going to help the country going foward?

12 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Yes but at least can save the economy or what is left of it.

And also save mental health of majority of people who are not afraid of living their life.

Maybe, but at what cost?

However that does not answer the question I posed. 

1 minute ago, Tanomazu said:

So masks are not working, lockdowns are not working to keep Covid in check in Thailand.

Meanwhile maskless Sweden, that had no hard lockdowns, is dealing with close to 0 deaths per day from Covid.

https://news-logics.com/maskless-sweden-nears-zero-daily-covid-deaths-as-chief-epidemiologist-downplays-fears-over-delta-variant/

This is going to hurt them.

The country with less restrictions is am example on how to deal with covid.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Ah ngk the master of abuse when can’t answer points made. 

You seem very thin-skinned today, Bluespunk ???? The doctor's point was that the vaccine program is far more important than lockdowns.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It’s not the one I asked. 

Then explain me why in Europe during summertime infection rates are much lower than during winter.

Maybe because people spend their time outside rather than being confined inside an apartment?

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

So I repeat, how does the doctor think ending lockdown restrictions will slow/ease the spread of the virus?

Practicing mitigation protocol?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Exactly.

People still asking for more restricions are just paranoid at this point.

4 minutes ago, nkg said:

You seem very thin-skinned today, Bluespunk ???? The doctor's point was that the vaccine program is far more important than lockdowns.

Nope I’m fine. 

The point about vaccination is one I agree with but it was not the one I questioned. 

6 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Then explain me why in Europe during summertime infection rates are much lower than during winter.

Maybe because people spend their time outside rather than being confined inside an apartment?

How does any of that relate to the question I asked?

How, in the middle of rising numbers will ending lockdowns ease infection rates?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've never seen any country or expert in the world hold up sweden as an example of how to do it, their death rates have been horrendous

Covid is going to spread regardless of restricions.

The challenge is opening up to world while minimiIng the impact.

It's obvious at this point lockdowns and all the restricions are just prolonging the inevitable.

So a country who is able to mange the situation without curfews and locking their citizens inside their house is doing well.

That is my opinion of course.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

How does any of that relate to the question I asked?

How, in the middle of rising numbers will ending lockdowns ease infection rates?

Ending lockdowns won't ease infection rates. It wouldn't have much of an effect either way. It might help alleviate hunger and poverty amongst the poorest of Thailand, though.

Hunger rife among Thai poor as Covid-19 batters economy. Starvation a looming prospect for millions driven to the edge of dire poverty

https://www.ucanews.com/news/hunger-rife-among-thai-poor-as-covid-19-batters-economy/89639#

Edited by nkg

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Easy, stop testing.

48 minutes ago, Senechal said:

Relative to?

This has been discussed multiple times in different thread but relevant to Thailand then these are the figures:

Sweden, population 10 million. Deaths per million from covid = 1,438

Thailand, population 70 million. Deaths per million from covid = 102

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 1