Issuing of new, renewed driving licences back on ice

webfact

1629007367_1-org.jpg

The Department of Land Transport home page on its website, pictured above as of today (Aug 15), has never informed people that some Provincial Land Transport Offices, including in Phuket, had ever resumed issuing new and renewed licences. Image: DLT

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The issuing of new and renewed driver’s licences in Phuket has been suspended again, along with assurances that some people stopped by police and found driving with a licence that expired will not be charged.

A senior officer at the Driver’s License Department at the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO), who asked not to be named, confirmed the news after Thai nationals in Phuket recently confirmed being issued new and renewed drivers’ licences, while a foreigner allocated an appointment to have his licence renewed had his appointment cancelled.

The senior PLTO officer explained to The Phuket News that the PLTO had resumed issuing driver’s licences several times since March last year, when the Department of Land Transport announced that all services related to issuing new and renewed licenses had been suspended.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/issuing-of-new-renewed-driving-licences-back-on-ice-81061.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-16

Same in BangKunThian, Bangkok. My son (Thai national) had an appointment for 11th Aug, 3 months out of date by then. We went along for the appointment just to be told "closed" Asked when open, told, "don't know" They did not inform him before hand so a wasted trip.

• Like 1

Always worth a visit to check. The notice is from last year. I had my appointment cancelled but a Driving School next to the office smuggled me in and only had to do the reaction colour and depth perception tests before they gave me a new 5yr licence

• Thanks 2