Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it safe to say the New York Times qualifies as CNN and the like, yes? 

If you mean that they are extreme in their liberalism, then yes, very much like CNN. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

He's hilarious, why block him? 

He seems to be good at manufacturing scientific “facts”, but I find intolerable his need to always make some snarky and condescending remark at the end of every response. It’s as if he has some insecurity that requires him to put people down after he’s presented his findings, which are generally well-researched. I just am turned off by people like him. 

Then you have @Jeffr2 who follows him around like a lost puppy dog. 

Edited by DBath
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

There is another group of anti-vaxxers that have been of discussion for several years. Nothing to to do with covid-19. They reject childhood vaccinations such as MMR that have been approved and used for decades based on completely discredited nonsense that the inoculations cause Autism or other conditions. This phenomena is concentrated not with right-wing populism, but  Elites such as Hollywood celebrities. They think they can protect their kids by feeding them "organic" food,  and sending them to private schools and elite summer camps. 

They are a main reason for the shocking outbreaks in the USA in recent years of measles. 

Perhaps you can round up a few of the Captain Covid types here and embark on a witch hunt? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

Same old, same old.

1 billion doses injected is not equal to 1 billion years.

To make a baby you need 1 woman... for 9 months. Not 9 women for 1 month.

Furthermore you are passing away fake news...

Because :

1= not all the tests regarding toxicity have been performed by Pfizer.

-"Genotoxicity/Carcinogenicity : Neither genotoxicity nor carcinogenicity studies were performed."

2 = regarding reproductive toxicity, the tests have been performed... on rats (say that to your wife, she will be happy).

"Reproductive and developmental toxicity were investigated in rats in a combined fertility and developmental toxicity study where female rats were intramuscularly administered Comirnaty prior to mating and during gestation"

Source : UK regulator :

Link : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/summary-of-product-characteristics-for-covid-19-vaccine-pfizerbiontech#pharmacological-properties

So again, be careful. We need to focus on facts.

Not fantasy.

Finally, someone who has captured the essence of what is wrong with the current way of trying to solve covid. The point being: you cannot rush perfection anymore than you can rush the solution to such a complex problem.

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Bizarre. Doctors save lives every day and guaranteed know more about this virus than you ever will.

Your statement shows whow were still in trouble. Stunning.

We're in trouble because people like you think you should impose your beliefs on others. And anyone who doesn't think like you is game to be hunted down and destroyed. THAT IS STUNNING

Edited by DBath

16 hours ago, Thunglom said:

What a wonderful gaff! Why would you ask what one is and in the same breath declare you ARE one??

At least one good  about an anti-vaxxer is that stistcically they are more likely to die of covid....so presumably their bizarre belief ae on the way out?

What is a wonderful gaff? You just described yourself, albeit your entire life. ????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So not getting the vaccine because you don't want to is selfish, but compelling others to be vaccinated because you're terrified is not. That makes sense....

Who's terrified?  What are you talking about?

The only way out of this is vaccines. Sad some don't understand that.

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it safe to say the New York Times qualifies as CNN and the like, yes? 

The NY Times is a great media outlet. If you don't think so, you've really drank the kool-aid.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DBath said:

I have way more than just luck going for me - it just shows how little you know about me that you would say something so ignorant, but you seem like many on here who are quick to judge and will err on the side of letting their pride and their understanding of science stand in the way of their better judgment. 

At the end of the day I couldn’t care less about you or your opinion or the opinions of certain others on this forum (a few people excepting), I like to keep my circle small - no room for you. 

Science and more importantly probability says otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DBath said:

Finally, someone who has captured the essence of what is wrong with the current way of trying to solve covid. The point being: you cannot rush perfection anymore than you can rush the solution to such a complex problem.

But you can get a couple of effective vaccine injections and they won’t cost you anything.

23 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You should admit that you were wrong. We'll be waiting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccines-clinical-trials-idUSKBN2A22D3

The Oxford-AstraZeneca and Pfizer BioNTech vaccines, which are available in the UK, went through clinical trials (here) to prove their safety and efficacy. During the trials, half of the volunteers were given the vaccine and half were given a placebo dummy treatment (here).

Pfizer’s phase three clinical trial began in late July 2020 and the results were published in December 2020 (here). The trial enrolled 46,331 participants at 153 sites around the world in Argentina, Brazil, Turkey, South Africa and the United States, according to Pfizer’s website (here)

Thalidomide was looking pretty good in early trials, too.  Even got full approval, unlike the vaccines which are under emergency approvals.  Didn't age well, though...

The misinformation is that the vaccines have been proven safe in the long term...  For that to happen, takes a long term. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Even if your assertion were correct, I guess that once the FDA gives a vaccine full approval, that means it will have your support?

What the fda do, matters little to me. 

I'm English 

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thalidomide was looking pretty good in early trials, too.  Even got full approval, unlike the vaccines which are under emergency approvals.  Didn't age well, though...

The misinformation is that the vaccines have been proven safe in the long term...  For that to happen, takes a long term. 

That is not true.  Its initial entry into the US market was prevented by Frances Kelsey at the FDA.  The drug was not approved until 1998.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

What the fda do, matters little to me. 

I'm English 

And yet you falsely criticized the FDA approved vaccines on the grounds that some clinical trials were skipped? Because the FDA's approval doesn't matter to you? I can't speak as to how you personally feel about it, but the FDA's emergency approval of the vaccinek certainly mattered to your argument,

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And yet you falsely criticized the FDA approved vaccines on the grounds that some clinical trials were skipped? Because the FDA's approval doesn't matter to you? I can't speak as to how you personally feel about it, but the FDA's emergency approval of the vaccinek certainly mattered to your argument,

Find me a post where I've criticised the fda please. 

I'm sorry you've been a victim in all of this. I bear you no animosity. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LA8RAT said:

Find me a post where I've criticised the fda please. 

I'm sorry you've been a victim in all of this. I bear you no animosity. 

You falsely claimed that clinical trials were skipped. Clinical trials are the province of the FDA. So unless you actually say the words FDA, your claim doesn't constitute a criticism? Such nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Who's terrified?  What are you talking about?

The only way out of this is vaccines. Sad some don't understand that.

The NY Times is a great media outlet. If you don't think so, you've really drank the kool-aid.

This is probably one of the most hilarious things I’ve read in quite some time. Thanks for giving me something to laugh at this morning, got my day off to a great start. ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Don't waste your time. He claims to have had covid, but was never tested.

Right....some will never understand .

That is sad, just sad. 

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:
Edited by DBath

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But you can get a couple of effective vaccine injections and they won’t cost you anything.

If you’re referring to anywhere other than LOS, you may be correct. ????

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Science and more importantly probability says otherwise.

Though I’ve never considered myself much of a gambler, I’ll take my chances, but thanks for caring. 

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Full FDA approval coming next week. 

One of my friends a teacher in Chiang Mai is  compelled to get jabbed this week.He does not wish to resign or leave Thailand, but he is not happy about it. His final argument is "What are the negative side effects in 10, 20, 30 years?"

What vaccines in history have had negative long-term side effects?

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-08-20/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-poised-to-get-full-fda-approval-next-week

The check is in the mail!