Thailand needs $30 billion more to help virus-hit economy - central bank chief

snoop1130

10 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Just call the sinawatra siblings. It's their specialty. They will come up with a scam in no time and have that money by winter.

I do wish the Shinawatras would come back and rectify this sinking ship. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

BOT advise must be taken in earnest by the government. Failure to inject fiscal corrective action will deeply scared Thailand economy for a decade as warned by World Bank. World Bank cautioned that the pandemic can lead to lasting scars of stunted education, destruction of jobs, high level of debts and widening inequality. Thailand is in a fortunate position in terms of financial ability to borrow and implement the right policies and putting a floor under those hit hardest by the health crisis. The borrowing however should come from internal to avoid the currency risk and spending policies carefully crafted and implemented by a competent elected government. The latter is a concern.  

The latter is always a concern in Thailand the moment a big bag of money is there to be spend vultures start circling waiting for their cut. Just look now at those Chinese tests that are bought for 70bt while they can be bought for 30 bt from online providers. 

Plus they were pulled in the US, one can only imagine the kickbacks people are getting to push this through. Since when is price the most important thing for medical products. False results will cost them much more. 

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Things can't be that bad in Thailand. Reportedly, the unemployment rate is only 1.96 percent. (Most countries only dream of such a low rate.) Plus there seems to be plenty of cash for submarines and other things.

That's because the vast majority don't pay income tax so therefore aren't in the figures.

8 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I do wish the Shinawatras would come back and rectify this sinking ship. 

The Shins will only redirect where the kickbacks are going. For the rest they are as incompetent and corrupt as the present mob. So I could not care less if they came or not. Same style of leadership as what there is now. Lying cheating denying. Its all the same.

So sad that Thailand only has those two evils to choose from right now. A strong future forward would have been so much better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

The Shins will only redirect where the kickbacks are going. For the rest they are as incompetent and corrupt as the present mob. So I could not care less if they came or not. Same style of leadership as what there is now. Lying cheating denying. Its all the same.

So sad that Thailand only has those two evils to choose from right now. A strong future forward would have been so much better.

Someone not so long ago asked me 'which (former) Thai prime minister I liked', to which I, jokingly, replied: "Xi Jinping..." - No, seriously, after Chuan Leekpai, each one of them just filled their own pockets and cared shi** about the people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Just call the sinawatra siblings. It's their specialty. They will come up with a scam in no time and have that money by winter.

…he says as the country was taken by force, election stolen! They wouldn’t need to scam. Anything they’d come up with would put Thailand in an infinitely better position than it’s currently in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

…he says as the country was taken by force, election stolen! They wouldn’t need to scam. Anything they’d come up with would put Thailand in an infinitely better position than it’s currently in. 

Yeah the country was in a better position. That's why they forced them to leave. 

But nobody was talking about that. They are still scammers. And if they didn't need to do it they would have not. 

Well if the US Federal Reserve can conjure loans of $3 TRILLION in the form of bonds and gilts issues - over the last 6 months - I'm sure lil' ole' Thailand can come up with something . . . 

224001355_4262627787158326_6865986250681888802_n.jpg

https://investment-fiduciary.com/2020/06/24/fed-printed-3-trillion-and-promised-more/

Edited by robsamui
  • Thanks 1