Will this carryon bag be too big for airlines in Thailand?

noodleslayer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EALLNBU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

This is the bag I'm looking at, I have the 28 inch checked version of it and like it, but would this 20 inch version be too big to use on flights while in Thailand? For example flying from Thailand to Vietnam, or Bangkok to Chiang Mai, etc. Dimensions are 23.0" x 14.5" x 9.5" (linear 47 inches). I have no idea how strict airlines in Thailand are about this so thats why I'm making this topic. If it is too big, then what are the maximum dimensions I should be getting in a carryon bag?

Remember the wheels are also counted in the measuring ....

Most airlines take a max linear of 115 cm ( 45,27559 Inches ), your bag would cross that with a small 2 inches (depending if the give Amazon sizing includes the wheels }

For be safe contact airline you go take 

25 minutes ago, david555 said:

Remember the wheels are also counted in the measuring ....

Most airlines take a max linear of 115 cm ( 45,27559 Inches ), your bag would cross that with a small 2 inches (depending if the give Amazon sizing includes the wheels }

For be safe contact airline you go take 

How strict are airlines in thailand in your experience about bag dimensions? Or do you use suitcases that are within the dimensions of the airlines?

Just now, noodleslayer said:

How strict are airlines in thailand in your experience about bag dimensions? Or do you use suitcases that are within the dimensions of the airlines?

i only flew once with Air Asia tp PnomhPenh ,  but my posting was about the general requirements when flying BKK - AMS -BKK and generally all the same by all airlines  .

Not special for inland Thailand . but i guess mostly same as example transfers are possible , hence internationally sizing  , weight can differ ....

The LCC carriers that use baggage as a profit centre are strict.

Thai Airways never questioned or weighed by 22 inch rollaboard crew bag 

plus a backpack. I try to avoid checked baggage as much as possible unless on the final leg, a mugs game. 

A couple times my bag didn't make it to Chiang Mai and TG delivered free to my condo even 

I had used staff ticket. 

5 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Dimensions are 23.0" x 14.5" x 9.5" (linear 47 inches). I have no idea how strict airlines in Thailand are about this so thats why I'm making this topic. If it is too big, then what are the maximum dimensions I should be getting in a carryon bag?

All three dimensions on this bag would fail Thai Vietjet requirements, but only one would fail Thai Smile, so as stated you need to check with whatever airline you're flying with.  If it falls outwith the limits, do the decent thing and don't take it on board.

18 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Each airline has specifications for bag sizes and weight, both for checked and carry-on luggage.

These are found on their web-sites.

At the airport checked bags are handled by check-in staff [not necessarily airline staff] and security in the case of carry-on.

Stay within the the size/weight requirements of your airline and you won't have any issues.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

they wouldn't let me take my bag on .....

image.png.42b5a221b4557b560f4e2a3ddc6b60a8.png

Looks like they are measuring it to be sure lol!

However one thing you need to be certain of is the weight.  I have witnessed bags being checked while boarding from transit lounge where it is too late to remove any items and give to friends etc seeing you off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Each airline publishes its bag restrictions on its website, just check there to get their latest  information.  Its the only way that you will receive correct advice; not on here. . 

Also check whether each airline is allowing any cabin cabs at all, additional to a hand bag or computer bag, max. weight 7 kg.

On 8/17/2021 at 8:18 AM, noodleslayer said:

If it is too big, then what are the maximum dimensions I should be getting in a carryon bag?

As others have mentioned, it depends on the airline, and also on the aircraft type - i.e. Bangkok Airways for example have different cabin bag sizes for Airbus planes and ATR-72 planes.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

One of my pet hates are people that push this envelope.

Not only frustrating for boarding & deplaning but dangerous as well.

Being one who has seen 3 x 30KG bags fly out of the overhead & fly 30 metres through the air, hit &  damaging the bulkhead on an aborted takeoff.

Most people have no idea of the velocity created under these conditions.

It is actually frightening. Check the darn thing in !!!!!!

Have a nice flight

Yes its true and I have seen many times ladies trying to lift bags up to the overhead stowage and cannot because too heavy so a gallant man assists .

Trying not to digress but I have been looking at interprovincial flights . Some companies tell you that 7 kg hand luggage is included in the fare and some say fare includes 20 kg of checked luggage , but what they all fail to tell you is the cost of additional luggage over and above the allowance . What they do say is " not to worry if you have additional baggage as we can take care of this once you have booked your ticket " . We all know this will not be cheap . Air Asia , as I recall give you the excess luggage payment choice prior to full payment .

I don't know the specific size limits for airlines in TH.

In my general experience with carry-on luggage on airlines allowed weight is the more limiting factor.
While weight and size are often not checked I prefer to adhere to the limits so I never have to worry.

Look up the airline company you will use on google, baggage requirements. You’ll find every airline there and their dimensions. Plus, you are usually not allowed more than 7 kilos, and some companies make you pay dearly for surplus weight, or you check in your case. 

• Like 1