Parents set to receive 2,000 baht per school kid - Prayut uses meeting to espouse "moral" educational philosophy

webfact

THB 2000!!!… WOW soooo generous!!

Reminds me of my sons private school who offered a staggering 10% discount for this coming school year. Meaning they expect me to pay over THB 200.000 for spending my entire day helping my kid with his short online lessons. What a bargain!

Well, told them they could forget about it and will instead homeschool him myself. Luckily I am a qualified teacher and got the time to do it. Feel sorry for the parents who have to pay crazy amounts for basically nothing. 

And feel even more sorry for the parents who have to send their kids to learn at a school influenced by the teachings and morals of “The Great Leader”. YouTube would actually make them smarter.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, martin81 said:

Obviously they mean 11 mill. not 11 thousand. That gives 22 billion. These journalists do not proof read.

More like a complete lack of comprehension. 

• Like 1

"Main item of news was that the Thai government have ordered 2,000 baht be given to the parents of every one of 11,000 pupils nationwide to help with costs incurred by the pandemic."

I Think they meant 11,000,000, right?

Edited by MrJ2U

We're still trying out here in Issan. They've all got phones, and we know they're working. You know the kids can't live without em.

So we've got them in groups on Line Messenger, sending them assignments, telling them to write in their notebooks and snap pics, or watch a YouTube and answer questions about it, or we have live Line Meetings.

Most of the kids just aren't showing up, with the same old excuses. Had to help the parents, or bad Internet. My colleagues have been calling them out. Oh, I saw your Facebook posts the other day, you had time and Internet for that? And so and so is at her mom's food stall down the road, and yet she's still doing the assignments?

The most hilarious excuse is the fact that these students with the supposedly worst Internet, and having to help their parents the most, almost perfectly correlates with the worst students we had during the in person classes at the start of the term. An awfully huge coincendence.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

Nothing fake about our PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....  and giving every parent 2,000 baht for every pupil to assist with study & learning. 

Excellent news from this government.  No one can dispute that .... 

20497408_coverphoto.PNG.d6906c41bf2d4ae49deea69cce18a834.PNG

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Main item of news was that the Thai government have ordered 2,000 baht be given to the parents of every one of 11,000 pupils nationwide to help with costs incurred by the pandemic

Nuff said.

This General who made himself into a PM, and he wants to have the country of Thailand educated with

his methods?  <deleted>.  Amazing Thailand with its amazing government, or military government.

I hope the students go on to vote this guy and is gang out of the present government and  get a

democratic government in the future. Just hoping...

Geezer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fab99 said:

Try giving 510 baht for a 410 baht bill (because I prefer getting just a 100 bill as change) and see how it just doesn't compute...

I gave up doing things like that.

It happened to me the other week in 7/11 completely confused her, I gave her 520 baht my bill was 120 baht

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Nothing fake about our PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....  and giving every parent 2,000 baht for every pupil to assist with study & learning. 

Excellent news from this government.  No one can dispute that .... 

20497408_coverphoto.PNG.d6906c41bf2d4ae49deea69cce18a834.PNG

Well said steven100 you can now go back to sleep.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It happened to me the other week in 7/11 completely confused her, I gave her 520 baht my bill was 120 baht

I thought when i first came that people used a calculator for change as it was like a policy of there employer, but i have learnt to understand why, poor education and a mind boggling curriculum which it appears is not at a national level.

13 hours ago, fab99 said:

Try giving 510 baht for a 410 baht bill (because I prefer getting just a 100 bill as change) and see how it just doesn't compute...

I gave up doing things like that.

I did something similar  yesterday and ended up with a pocket full of coins!!

I think the great one's briefing notes might not be up to scratch, 

"There are over 37,000 Educational Institutions and nearly 20 million students in the Thai education system. The Thai Education system consists of 12 year free basic education: 6 years of “Prathom” (primary education, P1 to P6) and 6 years of “Mattayom” (secondary education, M1 to M6)."

As for the education system as a whole one has only got to ask, "How many politicians and members of the monarchy are or have been educated in Thailand"?

I'm pretty sure the answer will be an astounding NONE, except for our great leader who doesn't appear to have had any sort of formal education judging by the way he behaves.

• Like 1

The PM threw out his buzzwords as to what this means - discipline, morality, virtue, moral integrity, Thai history, responsibility. 

oh yeah? Do these words include illegal coups, borrowing watches from a dead person, trying to exculpate a hi-so murderer, corruption at all levels, systematic lack of accountability, allowing 10% of the population to own 80% of the land, rewriting Thai history, curtailing free speech in the name of so-called national security? and on and on and on?

Does the PM know the meaning of those words? Poor kids!

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This General who made himself into a PM, and he wants to have the country of Thailand educated with

his methods? 

Well he did issue his Twelve Values not so long ago....and I think these need to memorized and recited each day because, you know, independent thinking.

Prayut Chan-o-cha’s 12 values of education:

1. Loyalty to the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy.
2. Honesty, sacrifice, endurance, and noble ideology for the greater good.
3. Gratitude for parents, guardians, and teachers.
4. Diligence in acquiring knowledge, via school studies and other methods.
5. Preserving the Thai customs and tradition.
6. Morality and good will toward others.
7. Correct understanding of democracy with the King as Head of State.
8. Discipline, respect for law, and obedience to the older citizens.
9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King.
10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King.
11. Physical and mental strength. Refusal to surrender to religious sins.
12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/30355370