Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

56 minutes ago, burner2014 said:

As this seems to be the thread. I got an invitation now from EXPATVAC so the government page for this Thursday BNH Bangkok.

As I got my Pfizer yesterday I try to decline, but nothing to decline ???? 

But that is good news they sending out now appointments.

Congratulations on getting smething.

The fact you cannot yield your place in the queue is not your fault but reflects the admin/IT set up, perhaps they use the 90 day report wizards.

I am not angry resigned to life here.

However for the very frail, non tech savvy this must be a nightmare.

Many would leave but for wife, kids and soon unsaleable real estate.

Lat the Navy take over deliver by sub or CPs 7-11 Big C Lotus network and VIP pay for <deleted> on Shoppee /Lazada for those punters who like short time delivery.????

If we are upset imagine how hard working Thai citizens must feel, they have nowhere else to go!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VMKW said:

66.jpg

Well still some light in the tunnel then....I attached my original Visa &  Passport page and got the afore mentioned response, sadly no way to correct it, lets hope they get their act together soonest.

If they want Visa ask for Visa if they want latest Extension they should say so.

• Like 2

"...the government) are absolutely sticking to their very clear policy of only vaccinating Thai nationals, and it is clear friends, family and "good people" first."

Just five minutes ago my hospital's dental clinic called, asked me if I would like to be vaccinated tomorrow. I said No Thanks, same as I said to my neurologist last week, because I went up to Bangkok three weeks ago and got my first jab of A-Z from Phyathai2 Hospital (via their original Intervac quasi-lottery). 

I can assure you that I am neither friend nor family to anyone involved though a few may consider me "good people".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And they're all out of AZ at Pattaya Hospital. Plenty of Sinovac still available.

I've been offered a chance at my small local hospital to get a sinovac with an AZ 2nd dose. To venture out of my safe haven to a facility full of Bangkok covid patients to get a useless jab seems stupid. 

As an aside, I believe there are 30+ cases at Chiang Khan generated by a couple of quarantined Bangkok carriers, who couldn't resist having drinks with their local relatives! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grs90 said:

Have received the same rejection due to lack of visa information.  I had the same problem as others in trying to upload 2 photos so just did the passport info page.

Have now re-registered with a new email and by dragging and dropping in both photo's at the same time.  The photo upload worked but the registration was rejected as the combination of name and passport had already been used.

So have now removed a letter from my name and registered successfully.  Will now wait for an email telling me my name is incorrect!

I have had no rejection email but found the information in this thread.

My grateful thanks to RubbaJonny who started the thread and to all the other posters who replied and set me on the path of virtue and righteousness.

Just did it with a new email address and it failed. I removed the last letter of my name and the last number of my passport. 

I also posted both the photo page AND the visa page.

Success.

I wish it had been that simple the first time around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

Got the same email for same reason today,  will hope to get the email alluded to allowing visa page, ext. of stay stamp, to be sent in.  Will watch this post for updates by users on their experiences.

I still don't know how to drag and drop both at once into the allotted space.  Are both files dragged at the same time:? How is that done.

I have all the pages in my passport scanned and when I filled in the registration form, at the part where it askes for the 2 photos I went to browse, found the scanned passport files, clicked on the photo page, then did a Ctrl click click on the visa page.

I made sure that both pages were selected and loaded them onto application. They both showed up and I completed the form and posted it.

It was rejected because the passport number and name had been used in my previous email. I simply deleted the last number from my passport and the last letter from my surname, reposted it and it worked.

I believe the main problem was the application was badly done at the photo page with no instructions on how to post 2 photos.

It worked for me with a different email and I that you can understand my post and that it works for you.

Good luck.

33 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

"...the government) are absolutely sticking to their very clear policy of only vaccinating Thai nationals, and it is clear friends, family and "good people" first."

Just five minutes ago my hospital's dental clinic called, asked me if I would like to be vaccinated tomorrow. I said No Thanks, same as I said to my neurologist last week, because I went up to Bangkok three weeks ago and got my first jab of A-Z from Phyathai2 Hospital (via their original Intervac quasi-lottery). 

I can assure you that I am neither friend nor family to anyone involved though a few may consider me "good people".

Congratulations. Well done - and I mean that.

But, you went to Bangkok, and your local hospital is on the case.

After months of trying and being refused vaccination I was finally vaccinated last week up here by Chiang Rai hospital. Mind you I had to be admitted for surgery to a very sceptic foot - I am not sure that losing the top half of your foot to a surgeon's knife in exchange for a shot of Sinovac this month and a shot of AZ next month is such a good deal but never mind!

The point is though, for those away from Bangkok registration seems to remain a completely random lottery! I can understand passports, those serve as ID, but visas/extensions? It really seems that this system, like all to he others is designed to fail. They can say they provided access to registration to foreign residents, and continue on their jolly way...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Same email received. It's either total incompetence or a deliberate attempt to blame someone else (us) in time-honoured Thai fashion for not offering us a vaccine. I have an extension based on marriage, not a visa, so of course they are correct in saying I don't have the 'required' visa - because I don't need a visa.

So what they are in effect saying is that only visa holders and not holders of an extension are eligible. Of course it's possible and highly likely that those posting the application form don't have a clue about the difference, and again in time-honoured Thai fashion didn't consult with another 'department', immigration, about what immigration status we might have.

As others have said, they also produced an application method that was confusing at best and downright unusable for those who lack the knowledge or skill to attach two photos at the same time - a requirement that I have never seen anywhere else in my entire life.

Has anyone actually received an acceptance, or is there just a blanket rejection of everyone as it's our fault for not supplying the information?

A few others have said it might be possible to apply again by giving them a wrong passport number. That would be wonderfully Thai, wouldn't it. Reject the correct information but accept wrong info. And of course proving that giving your passport number is irrelevant anyway - unless you show up for your jab and they reject you for carrying a passport that doesn't match their record.

I got accepted a few minutes ago.

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Has anyone asked why we need to have a visa to receive the vaccine, and why our passport number - the equivalent of Thais showing their ID - isn't enough?

Is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs now going to report all us rejectees to immigration for not having a visa, as they state in their email?

Screenshot 2021-08-17 161703.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I got accepted a few minutes ago.

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Okay. So no appointment given, just a Thai promise that sometime you'll hear from us again. Not unlike vaccines have been ordered and they'll arrive sometime in the future.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I was just talking about this with my wife today. In a situation like this where lives are literally at stake they should have called in outside help to get things done correctly.

Except for the fact that their arrogance dictates that they know better than the outside world. Keep in mind that same arrogance comes from people that have never made any contribution what-so-ever to the betterment of mankind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1