Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

1 hour ago, Pib said:

I would upload the main passport page and the latest extension of stay which shows you are legally staying in Thailand.

I did exactly that, as that is the logical thing to do. But logic doesn't exist in Thailand so I received the lack of required visa email.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Almer said:

After reading this refusal and expecting the same treatment i now booked on the intervac site, waiting for a confirmation of appointment 

to confirm

Bkk hospital KK

12 sept

12-13.00 hrs

Pfizer

any comments please!!

I'm a 250km round trip from KK but would consider it, but it wouldn't surprise me if I showed up at the appointed time and be told 'no hab'. I also registered at the Intervac site weeks ago and my application vanished into a black hole. Heard nothing from them, nor from my local hospital after registering there. Now, with the third try, application rejected as the most important thing to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs isn't your age or health condition, but what visa you have. Just more utterly pointless Thai bureaucracy.

• Like 1

I signed up for expatvac on the 1st day - sign up was easy enough, but only loaded up the photo of the visa. Still haven't heard anything else from them about it - yet..!! But then I was told that it's only for folks in Bangkok & surrounding provinces - for the rest of us living up in the sticks, we need to register with local hospital...? So far, that hasn't worked out for me either... Incidentally, tried to register on thaiintervac too - but as I'm under 60 and none of the health conditions, it wouldn't accept my application. I guess I could have lied, but I'm not comfortable with that...

• Thanks 1

I got  my 1 vaccine in Sriracha(PFIZER) yesterday and at very same day they sent me message from expatwac that I am not foreigner with proper visa???This is crazy. After that they try to explain to my Thai wife on phone that that is some bug and error in system !!!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Despite all their assurances to the opposite, and desperately poncing vaccines from anyone who will give them (they are even begging them off Bhutan for crying out loud) they ( the government) are absolutely sticking to their very clear policy of only vaccinating Thai nationals, and it is clear friends, family and "good people" first.

Every non Thai person I know has had their first vaccine except for one idiot who refuses it. Personally I registered via a hospital and within a week was given an appointment.

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Every non Thai person I know has had their first vaccine except for one idiot who refuses it. Personally I registered via a hospital and within a week was given an appointment.

Where are you situated?

It really does make a difference.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

There seems to be quite a few folk who have trouble uploading images

I registered with expatvac on August 01. I uploaded 3 passport page images at the same time: the picture page, the retirement extension stamp, the transfer stamp to new passport page (shows original Non-O visa class).

Here is how I did it:

1) take pictures of the pages you want to upload, download to your PC, remember where you put them.

2) Go to registration webpage, fill in your info.

3) Upload all the pictures at the same time: I chose the "browse" option instead of "drag/drop", browse to the folder where you put the pictures previously (remember), use ctrl/click to select multiple files, enter. Wait for upload to finish, all chosen images will appear on the registration form.

4) submit form

5)  Wait for Website loading with "registration success" message.

6) check your email daily (the one you registered with) for appointment

If you don't know how to use control-click, google it.

In the real world, if you need to upload more than one photo you do it one by one and they show up on the screen. I've done this many times for non-Thai related stuff. But Thailand has to be different and assume that everyone knows their alternative method, which very clearly many did not. Why would they? If there is a way to make a simple task difficult then Thais will find a way. It's in their DNA.

Now, if anyone tries to do it the Thai way it's been reported that the application is rejected as they are already registered. Until they input false information, and then it works. Which, of course negates the whole exercise and people who do get an appointment run the risk of being refused when they show up for their jab and their name or passport number doesn't match that in the registration.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I registered at my local hospital well over a month ago. Nothing happened.

• Like 1

In Thailand sometimes these general message don't come back clearly?   I register and could only upload my front page passport yet I got my vaccination last Sat. 

My feeling is they have met their allocation particularly with the Pfizer, the reminding doses anyone's guess is now being distributed to other provinces for their front line worker etc.  I would hand it there since another 2.5 million doses of Pfizer is coming in a few months.

This morning I got a email from MedPark, that they are again taking reservation part 2?  for the Moderna 3300 baht is this the reason for the decline TIMING?????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CloseShave said:

I just received the same rejection email with the same reason for the rejection. The problem when I registered was the website would only accept 1 photo so they received my passport photo but not my Visa photo, thus the rejection.

I tried to re-register using a different email address but that didn't work as the webpage said my details had already been used!

The site still only accepts 1 photo so when I tried to re-register I downloaded an app to combine the 2 required photos but as I said above, the system wouldn't allow a re-registration.

Now what do we do?

I sent passport page as a photo and visa page as a .pdf file. You can even send a document so you could even put an image in a .doc file. 

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the real world, if you need to upload more than one photo you do it one by one and they show up on the screen. I've done this many times for non-Thai related stuff. But Thailand has to be different and assume that everyone knows their alternative method, which very clearly many did not. Why would they? If there is a way to make a simple task difficult then Thais will find a way. It's in their DNA.

Now, if anyone tries to do it the Thai way it's been reported that the application is rejected as they are already registered. Until they input false information, and then it works. Which, of course negates the whole exercise and people who do get an appointment run the risk of being refused when they show up for their jab and their name or passport number doesn't match that in the registration.

I just sent one image file and one .pdf file. Accepted. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Olmate said:

Did u attach visa page? 

Well this was a problem for many, trying to attach 2 photos was the problem, I was unable to click on 2 and drag, tried many times, so only attached front page of passport, stupid me thinking they would use a central data base, and all because of a non-user friendly site. ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I've been offered a chance at my small local hospital to get a sinovac with an AZ 2nd dose. To venture out of my safe haven to a facility full of Bangkok covid patients to get a useless jab seems stupid. 

As an aside, I believe there are 30+ cases at Chiang Khan generated by a couple of quarantined Bangkok carriers, who couldn't resist having drinks with their local relatives! 

The gold standard Pfizer's efficacy has dropped to 39% against the Delta variant anyway. As long as the vaccine can prevent severe symptoms, I suggest you take whatever is available. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KeeTua said:

I was just talking about this with my wife today. In a situation like this where lives are literally at stake they should have called in outside help to get things done correctly.

But Thais are sooo much better at everything and foreigners don't know anything.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a farce.  I have gone back to the system to attempt to enter both passport and visa copies but the system says my name and passport number are already in the system and I can't access again.  So the system says I'm registered for something but that I am ineligible to receive it.

Rather than deliberately miss off letters from my name and numbers from my passport I have used the abbreviated version of my given name by which I am normally addressed.  Seems to have worked and I have received an email telling me I have successfully registered.

Wonder what will happen now; should be ok for when Covid 22 breaks out!

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

I got accepted a few minutes ago.

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

I think your missing the point many successfully registered, but now we are being rejected over not having a visa although we are on extensions, did you manage to upload 2 photos ?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

The gold standard Pfizer's efficacy has dropped to 39% against the Delta variant anyway. As long as the vaccine can prevent severe symptoms, I suggest you take whatever is available. 

Yes, I'll probably do that despite qualms.

I have requested an AZ double because of my age and health issues. I'm waiting on an answer from my doctor there.

18 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I feel it may all be smoke and mirrors and a publicity stunt ,to offload old Sinovac , sell good stuff to friends, feed foreign media, or am I too cynical?

I think your spot on, this is just a stalling tactic, why else haven't any others who complied received appointments, I mean it's been 18 days since registration opened up.

I could only upload my passport front page with my details and a letter from my Cardiologist, I am over 60 so if they knock me back because I couldn't upload my visa page onto their website with the + button, I will be <deleted> and they will hear my voice, trust you me.

Common sense would be provide an appointment to those registered, check passport and visa page, Dr's letters if one with medical certificate and stop the delay in distributing the vaccine to us farangs, otherwise it does spell stalling tactic as you suggest and I agree whole heartedly. 

Unhappy Face GIFs | Tenor

50 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I registered at my local hospital well over a month ago. Nothing happened.

The hospital gave me a number to call (their number I think) to call if I didn’t hear anything, but exactly a week later I was given appointment for a later date. I had the jab 6 weeks ago 

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I think your missing the point many successfully registered, but now we are being rejected over not having a visa although we are on extensions, did you manage to upload 2 photos ?

i did it one by one , then only you can see 1 , but mouse pointer in the box and scrolling i could see they are both (2) uploaded ..... the proof ... today appointment Central festival 6th. floor for Pfizer .

I also just used the ret.ext. page for visa demand

Also had the name problem, until i just used the first letter from both ...and accepted .... it looks like a sudoku game

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Expattaff1308 said:

Why didn't they just ask all Immigration Offices to send a list of all foreigners registered with them and their status, then when we registered it could be cross checked instead of the current farce we find ourselves in.

We are all in their computer systems

• Like 1