Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

7 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Got the same reject due to Visa missing.  Luckily, I also registered at Medpark and got Pfizer 1st shot 4 days ago after a 3 day drive from CM to BKK and back.  What a mess.

Well done.

Many people of high age with serious medical problems such as those they pretend to be prioritizing, couldn't contemplate making such an arduous journey.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

Anyway, I'm sure it will all turn out to be yet another Thai-style misunderstanding. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs forgot to liaise with immigration and had no idea that many of us are not here on a visa and don't need one, but have an extension.

Not that that should be at all relevant anyway.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Has anyone asked why we need to have a visa to receive the vaccine, and why our passport number - the equivalent of Thais showing their ID - isn't enough?

Because God forbid a dual-citizen (who doesn't have a visa in their foreign passport) applies, technically they should apply somewhere as a Thai citizen, but of course even most Thai citizens can't get Pfizer, and there is still a shortage of AstraZeneca...  There's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to apply as a foreigner.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay. So no appointment given, just a Thai promise that sometime you'll hear from us again. Not unlike vaccines have been ordered and they'll arrive sometime in the future.

It was gone 5 pm so I was not expecting anything in the short time frame. Later in the week probably but not today.

They will need to check my physical address and then come up with the easiest place for them to get a goodly number of expats together on the same day.

I am not expecting to go to my local amphur hospital so it may be the provincial hospital in Kamphaeng Phet 65 km away, perhaps Nakhon Sawan 130 km or perhaps Phitsanulok 180 km away.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

That all my passport information I sent them I’m here on retirement visa and they sent me a weird email saying I’m not eligible for the vaccine crazy TIT

Did you upload your passport page and visa page separately or at the same time?

• Like 1

After reading this refusal and expecting the same treatment i now booked on the intervac site, waiting for a confirmation of appointment 

to confirm

Bkk hospital KK

12 sept

12-13.00 hrs

Pfizer

any comments please!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Camillof said:

Enough to discourage people away

Like MM2Home fiasco

HiSos don't like minted foreigners who can see through there hypocrisy.

Interesting that many pensioners

All illegal entrants (many from infected Myanamar)

Those renewing passports

Those who spent 194k and many hoops are barred from registering as they have no visa to upload to Buggins brothers slipshod website.

There may be other categories those who lost or mislaid passports or they are safely stored in BKK condo while they shield in sister's shed in deepest Isaan etc

All of thse peopel are getting 2 signals 

Continue spreading if you got it and if you aint you aint getting vaxxed so tough chitty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Don't get disheartened chaps I,m assured all farangs will be vaxed eventually once our host population have received at least  3 jab's...be patient please...????

Yep, once all Thai nationals have received their requisite jabs courtesy of the Joe Biden/Boris Johnson Great Vaccine Giveaways, we might well be in line for ours by the year 2565 (A.D, not B.E., of course) - provided that the Health Ministry here don't first stymie them by declaring "Mission Accomplished" on their vaccination programme, though.

• Haha 1

It’s really frustrating about getting a vaccine but you can not just sit and wait for it you have to try all options and things change day by day i registered Monday for a friend up country on intervac in Sri Racha and they replied Tuesday 10 am Pfizer so he got down here this morning and got the vaccine he is on a retirement visa 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

After reading this refusal and expecting the same treatment i now booked on the intervac site, waiting for a confirmation of appointment 

to confirm

Bkk hospital KK

12 sept

12-13.00 hrs

Pfizer

any comments please!!

registered at the same site, same day appointment - waiting to hear also-

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

When you say "visa" page, are you talking the "visa" you originally started with OR are you talking "extension of stay" assuming your visa is expired and you are now doing annual extensions of stay?

It is ambiguous, a visa is the first you received , an extension  in my case is the annual requirement, expatvac asked for VISA which i couldn't send for the same  reason many here couldn't, it wouldn't allow me.  The more  this went on the less i was relying on it, a stalling tactic comes to mind but why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Like MM2Home fiasco

HiSos don't like minted foreigners who can see through there hypocrisy.

Interesting that many pensioners

All illegal entrants (many from infected Myanamar)

Those renewing passports

Those who spent 194k and many hoops are barred from registering as they have no visa to upload to Buggins brothers slipshod website.

There may be other categories those who lost or mislaid passports or they are safely stored in BKK condo while they shield in sister's shed in deepest Isaan etc

All of thse peopel are getting 2 signals 

Continue spreading if you got it and if you aint you aint getting vaxxed so tough chitty.

That sums it up well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

It was gone 5 pm so I was not expecting anything in the short time frame. Later in the week probably but not today.

They will need to check my physical address and then come up with the easiest place for them to get a goodly number of expats together on the same day.

I am not expecting to go to my local amphur hospital so it may be the provincial hospital in Kamphaeng Phet 65 km away, perhaps Nakhon Sawan 130 km or perhaps Phitsanulok 180 km away.

Or good old bangers

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I believe the main problem was the application was badly done at the photo page with no instructions on how to post 2 photos.

I used an online site to combine the two photos into 1. I put Visas not Extension of Stay as that is what it asked for.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

When you say "visa" page, are you talking the "visa" you originally started with OR are you talking "extension of stay" assuming your visa is expired and you are now doing annual extensions of stay?

Well the visa I originally started with was 1 passport ago. I should have said my current marriage extension, as the ones in this passport go back to 2014.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Almer said:

It is ambiguous, a visa is the first you received , an extension  in my case is the annual requirement, expatvac asked for VISA which i couldn't send for the same  reason many here couldn't, it wouldn't allow me.  The more  this went on the less i was relying on it, a stalling tactic comes to mind but why?

Why would we need to send a copy of a visa that has expired? I'm sure that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no clue that extensions even exist, so sending a copy of the extension pinned in the passport would mean nothing to them. Left hand/right hand not knowing what they're doing. Maybe they will now be re-addressing this, as indicated by Richard Barrows' post. Maybe they'll email us again, maybe not. Maybe we'll all have to apply again. Who knows?

• Thanks 1