Thaksin chides Move Forward Party in Clubhouse talks

webfact

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And lets not forget that many Thais vote for those criminals again and again. And then they are somehow surprised that they have a corrupt government. Amazing Thailand! 

But how much different is this group, and previous ones. Corruption and lies are the unfortunate consequences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And lets not forget that many Thais vote for those criminals again and again. And then they are somehow surprised that they have a corrupt government. Amazing Thailand! 

Yes but lets not forget there are not many viable candidates to vote for. Thaksin and the Junta both dislike move forward as they can potentially outclass them both. Thaksin still has to keep them a bit close as an ally but his party does not like the fact that this party is taking their votes and government votes.

Right now move forward is one of few better choices. But the point is ther is not much good choice in Thailand.

• Like 2

Those who understand politics well in Thailand know that the grassroots win the election for the party. MFP unfortunately has no grassroot structures. You may like their youthfulness and their desire but their leaders have not cultivate much incumbency and unknown to the rural Thais. Realistically, MFP has little chance to win any election. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

And the main reason for that is the coup(s) that you supported to entrench the old boys network and keep others who are not in the club away from any meaningful positions of control.

Right, Thaksin lover. I mean Thaksin is seeing future forward as a competitor too. You see it in how he acts. Besides when i supported the coup the alternative was Thaksin and at that point it was not known how bad the junta would be.

Maybe its time for you to accept too that Thaksin is not the anwser and that besides future forward there are only bad choices.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Those who understand politics well in Thailand know that the grassroots win the election for the party. MFP unfortunately has no grassroot structures. You may like their youthfulness and their desire but their leaders have not cultivate much incumbency and unknown to the rural Thais. Realistically, MFP has little chance to win any election. 

Unfortunately not and Thaksin wont let them near his voters that is why he chides them and does not like them. But at the same time he needs them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But how much different is this group, and previous ones. Corruption and lies are the unfortunate consequences.

There would be less or even little corruption if Thais would take this serious. Lots of Thais complain about corruption but then they vote for corrupt politicians again and again...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

This guy is becoming so boring .....  ????       it's over,  finished kaput thaksin.

get over it ....    

Prayut is definitively on the way out and the invisible hand is preparing for a Thaksin return. Better dust off your travelling boots, Steven!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pegman said:

It will be the Red Shirts that lead the way against the thugs in control. 

It's already a Red Shirt   leading the most violent faction of the protests. There are the students and those grassroots that are marching peaceably and those that only join the fray for a fight. At least that's my take on it when I watch the news it certainly looks like two separate groups with very separate intents.

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Unfortunately not and Thaksin wont let them near his voters that is why he chides them and does not like them. But at the same time he needs them.

Lets have sensible rhetoric. Voters can't be blocked. They have open minds and can be won over if they feel that you have the right policies for them and you engage them. MFP don't have the grass roots network to engage rural voters. MFP is not same as under Thanatorn who is uncomprising. Under Pita, they willing to compromise and they have defections to the government. They are not in a strong position as in the last election. They probably need other parties more than other parties need MFP. I am just being realistic and I do welcome a clean government. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Lets have sensible rhetoric. Voters can't be blocked. They have open minds and can be won over if they feel that you have the right policies for them and you engage them. MFP don't have the grass roots network to engage rural voters. MFP is not same as under Thanatorn who is uncomprising. Under Pita, they willing to compromise and they have defections to the government. They are not in a strong position as in the last election. They probably need other parties more than other parties need MFP. I am just being realistic and I do welcome a clean government. 

PTP had defections too far more even a few in the current government. SO that argument is invalid. Yes MFP is not as strong yet but they are a threat to both Thaksin and the government as they are a cleaner solution. So that is why Thaksin can't be too friendly as he might lose votes to them. That is why he chides them acts like he knows best.

Truth is Thaksin and the government are both part of the problem MFP is not it could be a solution. Anyone who either supports the government or Thaksin is crazy its just more of the same corruption only difference is where the money goes.

Thaksin has been desperately trying to ride the pandemic wave to his triumphal return.  Obviously negotiations are going on with Prawit and Thammanart, the fluor smuggling secretary general of Prawit's PPRP, for Thaksin's PT to come in to replace coalition parties who may defect after the no confidene debate. Naturally Thaksin couldn't agree with MF to censure Pravit under these circumstances.  PT also broke ranks with the other opposition parties by votind in favour of a massive increase to the central budget which is under Prawut's sole control to dish out as he places.  This is a budgetary feature that was actually introduced by Thaksin in the early 2000s.   It is no coincidenc that two groups of red shirts joined Sunday's demos against the government, after the red shirts have been silent for about a year.

Probably Thaksin can't make it back this time but Prawit can use his cosying up with him as a counter threat to any party that threatens bo treak away from the coalition. 

Just now, puck2 said:

I wrote once, if I had to chose between the two Thai devils, I would prefer Thaksin because he has a little bit more of sense and sensivity than the military leader.

If not suppressed by the military and now downgraded by the fugitive (former) leader Thaksin, I guess Thanathorn J. would be the best leader for Thailand and welcomed by the Thai majority.

I prefer not to choose between the two evils. But Thaksin would probably be a bit better because he has less power. That would make it harder for him to push too much corrupt stuff through. This government has more power and easier to push corrupt stuff through though its getting harder. But truth be told the differnces would be minor.

I also would say Thannathorn would have been the best leader but he does not have enough support.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He divided the nation because for the first time many poor people (rightly or wrongly) felt that they were being listened to and that policies that benefitted them directly were being implemented. Of course, that sent the old elite and their minions into a state of panic and the result was a country further from a functioning democracy than before.

You hatred of the guy is pathological if you can't see this.

Yes, Thaksin gave the poor people something. He had to do that to get elected so that he could enrich himself.

And he could still be PM and everybody would love him if he wouldn't have been so greedy. He could have made almost everybody in Thailand happy. But that is not what he did. He deliberately divided the country.

Or can't you see this?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And for you the answer seems to be an acceptance of governments formed by the use of the military.

Despicable.

Prayut removed Thaksin including his red mob army. Good! They should all be in jail.

I would love it if Thai people would vote for honest competent politicians. But that concept seems to be too radical for many Thais.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

PTP had defections too far more even a few in the current government. SO that argument is invalid. Yes MFP is not as strong yet but they are a threat to both Thaksin and the government as they are a cleaner solution. So that is why Thaksin can't be too friendly as he might lose votes to them. That is why he chides them acts like he knows best.

Truth is Thaksin and the government are both part of the problem MFP is not it could be a solution. Anyone who either supports the government or Thaksin is crazy its just more of the same corruption only difference is where the money goes.

I do sincerely hope that you right that MFP represent a purist non corruptable party. We all wish that too. Somehow the 10 MFP defections to the government were highly suspicious. That don't bode well for MFP image. Corruption in Thailand is endemic and institutionalized and will influence politicians. when in power. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did you see the "likes " in favor of T in the other tread..... you must be frustrated seeing that :clap2:

Hopefully no nightmares of it ? :whistling:

Strange that a by you called "criminal convicted one " is refused to put on Interpol list ....as found politic motivated by opponent(s) :thumbsup:

Maybe you write to get lots of likes. I write what I think is correct and right. 

I am frustrated that there are still so many people out there who can't see that Thaksin is not the solution but part of the problem.

And a criminal is still a criminal even if he is or was also a politician. Just shouting "political prosecution" doesn't change that fact.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No point discussing with you as your vitriolic hate for Thaksin makes you a fanatic. Trump divided the US as no one before him and we have every reason to believe he was a criminal traitor. Do you think the US military should have removed him?

Someone should have removed him. The senate could have done that but the GOP traitors voted for Trump and against the interests of the USA. What a disgusting bunch of losers and traitors.

• Haha 2