Accessing KBank K-Plus app with new phone, not in Thailand currently

Hello:

I've bought a new phone and would like to access Kasikorn Bank's K-Plus app. However, I am not currently in Thailand. It has been possible to use K-Plus on my old phone up to this point but I am not sure of the process to switch it over, or if this is possible since I am out of the country. If nobody knows or has experience with this, I will call Customer Service, but wanted to check here first.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

To see K-bank app in Google Play you need to set your region to Thailand (google how to do this, you can have multiply regions and switch between them).
Then you need to enable roaming on your Thai SIM card for the first start of the app, type your account number/passport number, then you can use it via another SIM card internet/wifi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clearance said:

To see K-bank app in Google Play you need to set your region to Thailand (google how to do this, you can have multiply regions and switch between them).
Then you need to enable roaming on your Thai SIM card for the first start of the app, type your account number/passport number, then you can use it via another SIM card internet/wifi.

Kasikorn app is available on UK playstore

8 minutes ago, welshissan said:

I had this problem a few months back. The code was 105. 

I had to go to the bank and eventually lead to the ATM where they sent a code to my new phone, using the old SIM card.

But if you went to the bank and an ATM ...... You must be in Thailand....

WE ARE NOT IN THAILAND...

I have a similar situation... I've been gone from Thailand a year and a half.... I lost the cellphone several months ago which I had my Kasikorn Account App on, although it had a local USA sim card in it when lost.... I still have my Thai Sim card..... So how to re-establish my Kasikorn account??????

I have a similar situation... I've been gone from Thailand a year and a half.... I lost the cellphone several months ago which I had my Kasikorn Account App on, although it had a local USA sim card in it when lost.... I still have my Thai Sim card..... So how to re-establish my Kasikorn account??????

25 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

can you not read the other posts above? already suggested what to do like try installing the app and see what happens

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

can you not read the other posts above? already suggested what to do like try installing the app and see what happens

Note: K PLUS cannot be installed and re-register in overseas since normally, K PLUS must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS of Thai mobile phone number only. K PLUS cannot be connected via the signal in another country.

I READ THIS..... Is that what you refer to?  Posted just above......

Also a new registering phone by K+ can only be done by mobile connection ( telephone operator ), not by WIFI  ! after registration you can do by wifi too  ..... probably for identify telephone IMEI number for future use .

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

This issue came up in a discussion last year, and the answer from Kasikorn at that time indicated that it's not possible to install and activate the app while abroad - please do let us know if you find out that this has changed since then.

"Note: K PLUS cannot be installed and re-register in overseas since normally, K PLUS must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS of Thai mobile phone number only. K PLUS cannot be connected via the signal in another country.

If it is not work, and if you have K-Cyber Banking service (Internet Browser Login), we do suggest you to use K-Cyber Banking instead."

Google itself says that you can only change the region once a year (and you need to be physically present in a country in order to switch to it - not sure whether a VPN will solve that or not):

"You can only change your Play country once per year. If you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for one year...

...To set up a new country, you must be in that country and have a payment method from the new country."

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675

Well said.

I've been down this exact same path.

Had to wait until I was back in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

"Note: K PLUS cannot be installed and re-register in overseas since normally, K PLUS must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS of Thai mobile phone number only. K PLUS cannot be connected via the signal in another country.

Well that there is the important information  "must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS"

does that also mean you can't use it via WiFi ?

1 hour ago, kensawadee said:

Note: K PLUS cannot be installed and re-register in overseas since normally, K PLUS must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS of Thai mobile phone number only. K PLUS cannot be connected via the signal in another country.

I READ THIS..... Is that what you refer to?  Posted just above......

someone posted on another thread that they installed using their thai sim using a week roaming (sim internet data - about £10), can try, may work may not

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, johng said:

Well that there is the important information  "must be used through 3G/4G/EDGE/GPRS"

does that also mean you can't use it via WiFi ?

only after the registration by mobile line you can use by wifi 

1 hour ago, kensawadee said:

When I am in Thailand or can I do it from the USA?

The best you can do is to try it with your Thai SIM card, roaming data connection (might be expensive, but you only need it for the initial registration process). If that doesn't work, there's no hope to get it working from abroad.

As mentioned in one of the posts above, an alternative would be to use the web-based K-Cyber Banking while abroad. As long as you can receive OTPs via SMS on your Thai SIM card (roaming enabled), that works fine.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

someone posted on another thread that they installed using their thai sim using a week roaming (sim internet data - about £10), can try, may work may not

That was me & yes, I was led to believe that I wouldn't be able to install & use the new TTB app outside of Thailand. See post below for how I got it to work.

• Thanks 1

In order to activate on a new phone, you must be present in Thailand. You have to be connected to a Thai Mobile Provider, and then use the ATM to activate the new phone. The App is associated with the IMEI of the phone, so simply restoring the program on the new phone will not work. 

2 hours ago, volsfan said:

In order to activate on a new phone, you must be present in Thailand. You have to be connected to a Thai Mobile Provider, and then use the ATM to activate the new phone. The App is associated with the IMEI of the phone, so simply restoring the program on the new phone will not work. 

In a previous thread people reported using an ATM wasn't required

3 hours ago, volsfan said:

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In a previous thread people reported using an ATM wasn't required

No access to ATM is required.  While opening my first KBank account I downloaded their app while in the branch and KBank staff set it up using just my phone.  I believe an OTP was required.

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:44 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm currently in Australia and trying to logon to Kcyber banking. The usual logon page is not there for personal accounts. Do you know if this means I have to wait and apply for a KPlus account upon return to Thailand to access my account via the web? I have withdrawn, via an ATM, a small sum to ensure account has not been closed.

Thanks...

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I'm currently in Australia and trying to logon to Kcyber banking. The usual logon page is not there for personal accounts. Do you know if this means I have to wait and apply for a KPlus account upon return to Thailand to access my account via the web? I have withdrawn, via an ATM, a small sum to ensure account has not been closed.

Thanks...

Your existing login details should work on K Biz mine did but you needed to login to the old system before a set date, i think end of November. Anyway try it or wait until you get to Thailand

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/kbiz/individual/pages/pre-login.aspx

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your existing login details should work on K Biz mine did but you needed to login to the old system before a set date, i think end of November. Anyway try it or wait until you get to Thailand

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/kbiz/individual/pages/pre-login.aspx

Many thanks - worked for me

• 10 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 12:46 AM, volsfan said:

I switched to a new mobile phone in Sweden and installed the K-Plus app.
To activate and access my bank account I did the following:
* Used my Thai sim-card which is registered at Kasikorn
* Bought the cheapest roaming package.
* Turned off wifi and used mobile data (12call in my case).
* Opened the app and followed the instructions.
* Information requested was account number and ID card number
Done

• Like 1