Immigration finally get their man! Indian picked up in Bangkok was laundering drug money buying gold

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's immigration police led by Pol Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang announced the arrest of a 31 year old Indian man called Johndek.

The Indian had been on their radar since investigations into an international drugs syndicate in Thung Song district of Nakhon Sri Thammarat in October 2019.

A warrant had been issued for his arrest on charges of money laundering. 

It was discovered that he had opened an electrical appliance store in the Pahurat area of Bangkok as a cover for his activities in buying gold with drug money then sending the cash to a drugs gang.

Naew Na reported yesterday that an informer had told the Immigration Bureau that a man matching the suspect's description was in Sukhumvit Road Soi 23.

The IB staked out the area and found the man walking along the road, confronted him and discovered that he was indeed the man named in the southern Thailand warrant. 

An interpreter explained the charges and the suspect admitted who he was and was detained. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Indian had been on their radar since investigations into an international drugs syndicate in Thung Song district of Nakhon Sri Thammarat in October 2019

Maybe the radar needed some new batteries... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, I believe what happened was the Indian received "dirty" (traceable) cash from the drug syndicate and he then bought gold with this money. He would then resell the gold at other gold shops for "clean" money which he would return to the syndicate less his expenses! If I am wrong I apologize.

Apology exepted ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They knew he had a store that is used to launder money, but they could not locate them until one of the cowboy rats talked? I guess he did pay the local cops in his area to not find him on purpose. Not wise to then go to such areas, many rats.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

They knew he had a store that is used to launder money, but they could not locate them until one of the cowboy rats talked? I guess he did pay the local cops in his area to not find him on purpose. Not wise to then go to such areas, many rats.

Amazing.  Even when the cops do a decent job finding and arresting a criminal, the bashing brigade just have to spew their endless ridicule, repeating the same trite banalities.