Expats in Thailand to get vaccines soon: Anutin

webfact

7 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Where there's life there's hope!

Having read yeterday that the vaccine rollout was in first gear, I decided to do the rounds in KK to see if my luck had changed.   And yes it has - no longer am I told 'falang must wait' instead I was overjoyed to know that it will be 'soon'.  I asked what 'soon' meant and was told 'soon'.   

To be honest I was offered Sinovac, but as it is my plan to go to the UK within the next 6 months, I declined as my family tell me I wil not be allowed into many places (Restaurants,pubs,cinemas etc) if I do not have a UK recognised vaccination.

AZThailand will be acceptable I am told and the liklihood of this  being confirmed shortly is re-assuring.   MrNA vaccines are also medically a no-no for me.

To be honest, I'd take Sinovac now and then AZ once IN the UK. The risk of being unvaccinated is just too great, specially now with the Delta variant. The virus will find you... 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

To be honest, I'd take Sinovac now and then AZ once IN the UK. The risk of being unvaccinated is just too great, specially now with the Delta variant. The virus will find you... 

With the greattest of respect you have ignored my comment that Sinovacis not recognised the UK nor is it likely to be in the medium term.

12 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

With the greattest of respect you have ignored my comment that Sinovacis not recognised the UK nor is it likely to be in the medium term.

It doesn't matter. You are not in the UK now and it's recognised by the WHO. I live in Brazil now and Sinovac has saved many lives here. 

• Like 1

Anutin how about removing the 60+ age limit on foreigner's vaccinations that has never been applied to Thais and stop running the usual dual discriminatory system that is all too common here.

Me and my GF registered at the same time she's 34 and Im 52, guess who's got a vaccine appointment first? At the moment there's no prospect of me getting one until they remove this 60+ age limit that for some reason is deemed necessary for foreigners despite foreign countries donating millions of doses to Thailand.

::Soon::     translated from the Thai means  ::Later::

Ive given up after being rejected by Expatvac, due to being unable to add both my passport  and visa attachments, being  put on a ::list::  at  my local hospital,, another list at the hospital in the next province,  and  no word since, many many days later..so Ive paid 6,600 baht for   my wife and I   to register  at a private hospital in our province,, for  two injections each, and Im told  it will be the Moderna variety. on a pay now,  vaccine later basis , of course.

36 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

It doesn't matter. You are not in the UK now and it's recognised by the WHO. I live in Brazil now and Sinovac has saved many lives here. 

In Brasil you can get Pfizer and Moderna very readily now.  So why would you take Sinovac <deleted> vaccine?  Or maybe you were one of the early Sinovac guinea pigs there .... 

1 minute ago, HaoleBoy said:

In Brasil you can get Pfizer and Moderna very readily now.  So why would you take Sinovac <deleted> vaccine?  Or maybe you were one of the early Sinovac guinea pigs there .... 

You misunderstood me, I got Pfizer but it was sheer luck as you cannot choose vaccines here, you show up and take whatever is available. I know many people who have taken Sinovac and feel protected. Brazil currently uses, Pfizer, AZ (locally produced and imported), Jansen, Sinovac and very few from that Russian manufacturer that I don't remember now. 

2 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

You misunderstood me, I got Pfizer but it was sheer luck as you cannot choose vaccines here, you show up and take whatever is available. I know many people who have taken Sinovac and feel protected. Brazil currently uses, Pfizer, AZ (locally produced and imported), Jansen, Sinovac and very few from that Russian manufacturer that I don't remember now. 

There's no Moderna being used in Brazil. 

53 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

My two cents on Sinovac;

I totally understand that many people are suspicious of it as the pandemic started in China and China has flooded the whole planet with low quality products for years. But in the case of the Sinovac vaccine, it's proven to be effective, not the same efficacy of Pfizer and Moderna as it's a different platform, it's not M-RNA. 

It does offer protection against the worse form of Covid though. In percentage it's less effective than the others but still far, far better than no vaccine at all. 

6 minutes ago, Mike k said:

On August 4th I was approved for the vaccine on the expatvac@consular website emails were supposed to be sent out starting on the 10th giving appointments here we are on the 21st still nothing. 

Is the expatvac@consular website one of those that were prioritizing vaccines for those over 60 years of age or people who had one of the specified underlying diseases?

It must suck to fail upwards all your life and then when there comes a time when the spotlight is on you and you have to perform, the whole world can see what a schmuck you really are.  I’m speaking of Donald Trump of course!  

I am 74 years old with underlying conditions. I have signed up for and walked in for Vaccines starting in May to no avail. 

President Biden donated 1,500,000 Pfizer doses but when I sign up or show up the want to give me Sinovac which has a low efficacy of 50% which for me is suicide. No one in Government will explain where the Pfizers disappeared to or why the want to kill off foreign residents!!!

I am sending a request for help looking into this with my State Senator because I am truely affraid for my life now!!!

10 minutes ago, klennie1 said:

I am 74 years old with underlying conditions. I have signed up for and walked in for Vaccines starting in May to no avail. 

President Biden donated 1,500,000 Pfizer doses but when I sign up or show up the want to give me Sinovac which has a low efficacy of 50% which for me is suicide. No one in Government will explain where the Pfizers disappeared to or why the want to kill off foreign residents!!!

I am sending a request for help looking into this with my State Senator because I am truely affraid for my life now!!!

I'm very sorry you have not been able to get a vaccination yet, especially as you qualify for prioritization based on both age and medical condition.  My suggestion is to keep trying, register at as many websites as you hear about.  I would offer the advice that when you sign up at a particular website don't wait to be notified by email or SMS or phone call that they have an appointment for you.  Check back on the websites on a daily basis.  I have received a vaccination from one of the sites I registered at but I never received any sort of notification (no email, no SMS, no phone call).  I only discovered I could book an appointment when I checked one day on the website and a screen popped up that allowed me to pick appointment times and places.

The US government donated 1,500,000 doses of Pfizer vaccine to Thailand with "no strings attached," which was a decision made by the Biden administration.  When you don't "attach strings" to a donation you are basically absolving the donee of any accountability.  That's not what the US government did when they brought Pfizer vaccine in for government personnel stationed in Thailand like at the US Embassy Bangkok and Consulate in Chiang Mai.  That's not what China, France, and Switzerland did when they brought vaccine into Thailand.  That is what the Biden administration decided to do.  If you want to comment about that decision you can contact the White House.  You can also contact your two federal senators and your member of the House of Representatives.  As it's a federal issue you are more likely to have more of an effect at the federal rather than the state level.

The White House:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/

US Senate:  https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

US House of Representatives:  https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

You can also give your opinion to the person in charge of the US Embassy Bangkok, Chargé d'Affaires Michael Heath:

https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, koele2 said:

It must suck to fail upwards all your life and then when there comes a time when the spotlight is on you and you have to perform, the whole world can see what a schmuck you really are.  I’m speaking of Donald Trump of course!  

What a bizarre comment.  We know what President Biden did and is doing now regarding making sure American Citizens can get vaccinated in Thailand.  In other words, nothing beyond donating 1,500,000 doses of Pfizer vaccine with "no strings attached."  We have no idea what President Trump would have done regarding making sure American Citizens can get vaccinated in Thailand.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, klennie1 said:

To ease your worry i can confirm that latest 3 days in Pattaya Pfizer is vaccinated in to the age category designated to, so i am sure it shall come to your area too , and i saw almost all where westerners in my section .

Before i also thought it was all for BKK only ....., i was wrong as a few days after roll out in  BKK they started in Pattaya and whiteout a "non distancing crowd ", Bangkok Pattaya Hospital staff organized it perfect i found ,

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, ikwiljou said:

I'll get my Pfizer vaccin on Monday. Thanks Thai Public Health office.

Ik ook , i will get my pfizer on monday at the bumrungrad in bkk . They send me a message 2 days ago and again today to let me know my appointment is on monday 23aug 13:00 oclock and monday will get my appointment date for the second pfizer shot(ok , it's not in my arm yet so untill it's in i have nothing yet) so we will see on monday ????

• Like 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Ik ook , i will get my pfizer on monday at the bumrungrad in bkk . They send me a message 2 days ago and again today to let me know my appointment is on monday 23aug 13:00 oclock and monday will get my appointment date for the second pfizer shot(ok , it's not in my arm yet so untill it's in i have nothing yet) so we will see on monday ????

Also i am just 48 so not even near 60 or over so that's quit good news that younger people are also able to get their shot .

4 hours ago, skatewash said:

Is the expatvac@consular website one of those that were prioritizing vaccines for those over 60 years of age or people who had one of the specified underlying diseases?

Yes I'm 64 this is the email I received confirming it 

Screenshot_20210821_230728_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

everything I've ever got from China either caught fire or broke into pieces,   so I'll take my chances with none  ! 

How did you type this message and where did that device or many of the parts in it come from?  If what you say is true, the fact you posted this message would not be possible.  How could that be?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2