Help needed with Wise........................

Need a bit of help with Wise transfer...............

First time using it..............UK bank to Siam Commercial....................if i select pound sterling when filling in the receipent section it asks for an Iban number which it looks like thai banks do not use

If however i select thai baht then only the scb account number is required.

Am i correct selecting thai baht option?

thanks

@thaiflyer1

There are two options.

You should select Thai baht option if it is in normal Thai account.

Unless your Thai bank account is in foreign currency, then you choose the other option of Sterling.

We can open foreign currency account in Thailand.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

I use Wise sending pounds to Wise via online banking with HSBC in UK, and Wise convert to Thai Baht and send it to my SCB a/c.

So the process is login to Wise , tell them how much, they give you an a/c to transfer pounds to them, login to HSBC and do the transfer, it usually reaches them instantly, that's it.

The baht arrive in less than 24 hours usually.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
  • Like 1

Op is a little unclear.

You transfer from UK Bank to Wise in £ using Wise UK sort code and account number and reference (very important).

Wise transfer THB to your thai bank account, need account number and bank name only. Possible this has changed since i set up a year+ ago but it's unlikely

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, EricTh said:

@thaiflyer1

There are two options.

You should select Thai baht option if it is in normal Thai account.

Unless your Thai bank account is in foreign currency, then you choose the other option of Sterling.

We can open foreign currency account in Thailand.

Yes also a couple of queries and like Thaiflyer 1 an on line banking from a so-called big bank and they convert to Thai Baht their end.
There is a 15 digit code and asked for 3 separate  ones and occasionally  ask for a mobile number and contact you with a 4 digit code.
I also looked at the Google and on line and questions on Wise and yes the rates are about 2 baht higher than a UK bank

I have not yet completed the application and yes asking for a mobile number and not yet done  and a bit confusing and how the money gets transferred over, even reading the posts already on this forum
Do wise when transferring monies ring and give a  4 digit code every time ?

Like everything else until experienced it appears difficult but once done appears to be simple, even for me.
Thanks all for any further input.

8 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Yes also a couple of queries and like Thaiflyer 1 an on line banking from a so-called big bank and they convert to Thai Baht their end.
There is a 15 digit code and asked for 3 separate  ones and occasionally  ask for a mobile number and contact you with a 4 digit code.
I also looked at the Google and on line and questions on Wise and yes the rates are about 2 baht higher than a UK bank

I have not yet completed the application and yes asking for a mobile number and not yet done  and a bit confusing and how the money gets transferred over, even reading the posts already on this forum

Like everything else until experienced it appears difficult but once done appears to be simple, even for me.
Thanks all for any further input.

Awaiting help with wise and yes most in the site but still queries.
Please and thanks all.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, thaiflyer1 said:

Thanks for all the replies......................all sorted.

Asking again please
Yes looked up wise explanation but yes a newcomer and yes wanting a verfication mobile number and at moment do not have one but could use a family one and someone stated one does not it.
I think one does but all I am asking and yes is this just a one off code which is sent as sometimes on bank internet banking it sometimes ask for it on several transfers and I know t is security but there is so much of it these days but probably not a bad thing

Thanks all

On 8/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, jwest10 said:

The money isn't transferred as such, Wise is peer to peer banking, they cooperate with partners in each country and match money transfers. So your request for Baht is matched with someone in Thailand wanting to transfer money to your country.

No, there is no '4 digit code', once you've gone through the verification process and set up an account the process of transferring money is simple.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, Stocky said:

The money isn't transferred as such, Wise is peer to peer banking, they cooperate with partners in each country and match money transfers. So your request for Baht is matched with someone in Thailand wanting to transfer money to your country.

No, there is no '4 digit code', once you've gone through the verification process and set up an account the process of transferring money is simple.

Thanks Stocky and everyone else.
Like everything else everything seems difficult and managed thanks to one of my children to get a photo  of my passport and just one question they asking equiverlant of 800 Baht and I suppose it is just to set up the balance on account.
I will be making my first transfer next week and is it as easy as everyone says and do they tell you how to transfer to them and then on to my account in Thailand but will soon find out.
Thanks everyone for their help and appreciated it and very hard to write an email to them and again until you know where lool