“Mix & Match” with Sinovac then AstraZeneca implemented for those 18+

Jonathan Fairfield

COVID-19-Vaccine-SINOVAC.-2.jpg

Director of the Emergency Health Hazard Division of Thailand’s Disease Control Department, Dr. Chawetsan Namwat, has announced new vaccination plans.

People aged 18 and over, including those aged 60 and over, those with any of the seven underlying diseases and women who are 12 weeks pregnant, will be inoculated using the Chinese Sinovac vaccine for the first dose and the UK’s AstraZeneca for the second, with three weeks in between doses. In some cases, two doses of AstraZeneca, 12 weeks apart, may be used.

Children, aged between 12 and 18, with any of the seven underlying diseases, and women who are 12 weeks into their pregnancy, will be inoculated with two doses of Pfizer, with three weeks between the doses.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mix-match-with-sinovac-then-astrazeneca-implemented-for-those-18/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-08-25

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't waste your time on any Chinese vax, not even worth the little glass bottle it comes in with, wait for better combination...

I and two of my friends have suddenly been provided with Pfizer out of the clear blue. I'm over 60, they're not, nor do they have any of the 7 qualifying conditions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Well, this life is getting increasingly dangerous at this time. Does drinking and smoking qualify me at 53.

I just got an SMS advising me that I could come to Central Festival Mall on Thursday at 12 noon to get my first Pfizer jab. This is certainly good news.

Apparently, the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital registration is the one to go with.

Edited by Nickelbeer
  • Like 2

Even though China just announced a study that one jab of Sinovac is only 13% against the Delta strain and i am sure the antibody levels still drop every 40 days on this vaccine. They need to discontinue this vaccine and buy more AZ doses that gives you 90% protection against the Delta strain. Using one jab of Sinovac is a joke 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I and two of my friends have suddenly been provided with Pfizer out of the clear blue. I'm over 60, they're not, nor do they have any of the 7 qualifying conditions.

2 jabs of Pfizer weakens much like Sinovac after 90 days. Make sure you can get a booster  https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2021/07/26/vaccine-effectiveness

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I just got an SMS advising me that I could come to Central Festival Mall on Thursday at 12 noon to get my first Pfizer jab. This is certainly good news.

Apparently, the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital registration is the one to go with.

I registered through the intervac site or whatever it was that was recommended by the US embassy. I'm scheduled for Pfizer on aug 26 then again 3 weeks later. That doesn't mean I'm going to abandon my rage at the racist way we farangs are treated when it comes to vaccination. GRRRR!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, club said:

Even though China just announced a study that one jab of Sinovac is only 13% against the Delta strain and i am sure the antibody levels still drop every 40 days on this vaccine. They need to discontinue this vaccine and buy more AZ doses that gives you 90% protection against the Delta strain. Using one jab of Sinovac is a joke 

What's really disgraceful is that after 2 jabs it's only 39% effective against the Delta variant.. oh wait a minute....that's the Pfizer jab.

Israel study: Pfizer shot just 39% effective in halting delta

https://www.theday.com/article/20210723/BIZ02/210729720

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What's really disgraceful is that after 2 jabs it's only 39% effective against the Delta variant.. oh wait a minute....that's the Pfizer jab.

Israel study: Pfizer shot just 39% effective in halting delta

https://www.theday.com/article/20210723/BIZ02/210729720

Well not according to this study.   The drop was from 90% to 66%.   

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/24/as-delta-spread-covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness-against-infection-fell-from-90-to-66-in-one-key-study/

2 hours ago, club said:

2 jabs of Pfizer weakens much like Sinovac after 90 days. Make sure you can get a booster  https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2021/07/26/vaccine-effectiveness

Sinovac drops on its own, 50% each 40 days, reportedly.

According to the article (did you read it?) Pfizer may be lower in Israel because it is now fighting the ominous Delta variant. This has been previously reported. Beyond that, from the article:

"But it's also possible that the apparent decline is a mathematical fluke. Case numbers are much lower in Israel now than they were earlier in the year, so it's increasingly difficult to accurately gauge the degree of protection provided by vaccines."

So, too good to measure?

54 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

It won’t be long before Sinovac is mixed with Sinopharm

No particular advantage to doing that IMO.

Both are inactvated virus vaccines. Both have comparatively low efficicacy (and very low against Delta).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rabas said:

Sinovac drops on its own, 50% each 40 days, reportedly.

According to the article (did you read it?) Pfizer may be lower in Israel because it is now fighting the ominous Delta variant. This has been previously reported. Beyond that, from the article:

"But it's also possible that the apparent decline is a mathematical fluke. Case numbers are much lower in Israel now than they were earlier in the year, so it's increasingly difficult to accurately gauge the degree of protection provided by vaccines."

So, too good to measure?

I did read the article along with 10 other articles that talk about the weakening of Pfizer against the Delta strain  90 days after 2 jabs. Did you read the other articles and what is your point?

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

I registered through the intervac site or whatever it was that was recommended by the US embassy. I'm scheduled for Pfizer on aug 26 then again 3 weeks later. That doesn't mean I'm going to abandon my rage at the racist way we farangs are treated when it comes to vaccination. GRRRR!

My Thai wife can't get vaccinated with anything but Sinovac, I have the Sinovac/AstraZeneca combination. Seems to me that the Thai people are being treated shabbily by their own government.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Not for the first time! ☹️

I know how you feel . The US government did the same to US citizens when it donated 2.5 million and didn't specify to vaccinate 40,000 American citizens living here. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People aged 18 and over, including those aged 60 and over, those with any of the seven underlying diseases and women who are 12 weeks pregnant, will be inoculated using the Chinese Sinovac vaccine for the first dose and the UK’s AstraZeneca for the second, with three weeks in between doses. In some cases, two doses of AstraZeneca, 12 weeks apart, may be used.

Thankfully I fall in that category

25 minutes ago, club said:

I did read the article along with 10 other articles that talk about the weakening of Pfizer against the Delta strain  90 days after 2 jabs. Did you read the other articles and what is your point?

Did you post a link to these other articles you say support your claim that "Pfizer weakens much like Sinovac"? The article you posted does not support your claim.

Perhaps you can post them? It is standard scientific practice to provide evidence for ones claims. Not demand that others go find it. It is also good practice  to provide your reasoning.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Just curious, did you or any of your friend have a prior vaccination?  How did they know about you, had you registered somewhere?

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Did you post a link to these other articles you say support your claim that "Pfizer weakens much like Sinovac"? The article you posted does not support your claim.

Perhaps you can post them? It is standard scientific practice to provide evidence for ones claims. Not demand that others go find it. It is also good practice  to provide your reasoning.

Its very simple Google it and it comes up very quickly .Google " Pfizer weakens after against Delta variant"    I just did half the work for you. Knock yourself out