Phuket fresh kratom prisoners released

snoop1130

1629973373_1-org.jpg

Phuket Provincial Prison. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: A total of 15 prisoners incarcerated for possession of fresh kratom have been released from Phuket Provincial Prison now that possession of the plant in its natural state has been removed from the Narcotics Act.

No Phuket provincial officials or Phuket officers from the Department of Corrections have recognised the prisoner release following the change in the law, which came into effect on Tuesday (Aug 24).

However, an officer of the Registration Department at Phuket Prison agreed to comment to The Phuket News today (Aug 26) on condition of anonymity.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-fresh-kratom-prisoners-released-81192.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-26

Very confusing.  I am of course, happy that these people have been released - in a reasonable country they's never have been imprisoned in the first place. However, given Thailand's draconian drug laws, I can't understand the Thai authorities reasoning for releasing these people. The drug was illegal at the time they were sentenced so they broke the law.

If I was fined for doing 100kph in an 80 limit, would my fine be refunded if the limit was later increased to 120kph?

• Confused 1