Expats' vaccinations: 54K have registered on consular website as jabs continue apace

webfact

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps being in a deepest darkest red zone helps too.....I expect it will get to you soon.

In Udon Thani on the 25th they were giving  Pfiser to expats galore

Edited by Almer
Spell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

While at the same time, around 300 falang got vaccinated with Pfizer in Udon Thani last Wednesday, complete separate from the expatvac or any other system, amazingly.

Also Monday was the 1st day, all done through the Provincial Health Office, might be worth enquiring if they have anymore dates available, and whether your appointment dates are concrete with Bangkok Hospital for KK because I have an appoitnment for 12/9 but no confirmation email.

I was one of the farangs who got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Monday at Udon Thani, found out via a text message from a mate who lives that way.

I am also registered with Expatvac since 1/8, with zero communication, suffice to say the organisational skills are lacking to say the least from both sites.

5 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

The statistic is quite useless compared to how many appointments this wonderful IT system has created. Here amongst my associates the massive total of zero, nil, nada, zip  (maybe because we are in deepest darkest Issan). This I would like to know rather than the usual spin.

And if you were to get a jab it would be Rat Pee Sinovac from the ones who designed the virus 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TKDfella said:

Yep, this seems to be the going rate. Others like me got there first jab on 23-26th this month with appointments or the second 14-16th next month.

That's incredible, and great news. AZ is currently 12 weeks between doses, in Bangkok at least.

Just now, malibukid said:

high and dry in chiang mai. the silence is deafening 

i and many more ex-pats have gotten our Pfizer 1st jab already least week.  Some of us have mentioned it already.  I registered on 2 Aug, recvd an email on 19 Aug for jab morning of 21 Aug

at McCormick Hospital.  Tons of ex-pats there of many nations and all of us looked over 60.  2nd shot on 10 Sept.

2 friends of mine in Pattaya got Pfizer Wednesday at Central. 

Here in Chiang Rai, yesterday, about 100 older Falang including myself got Pfizer at Chiang Rai hospital after the medical staff got their Pfizer. Second appointments on Sept 17. 

This shipment seemed to come out of the blue, with little notice.

I was offered Chinese Sinovac twice before, but declined as I know there are the better vaccines out there imminently, and taking one would prevent me from getting the right ones when they become available. 

So glad I waited!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mahtin said:

This morning our dog got a free vaccination at the temple across the road. Lots of other dogs there, but no farang canines afaik. Don't know what country supplied the vaccine, nor if any choice. He wasn't asked.

Anti-rabies, my wife thinks. I wasn't invited.

Anti-rabies, my wife thinks. I wasn't invited.

Considered as  "farang dog" owner  .... certainly ???? 

(considered as rich enough  ,to compensate /pay in case of biting someone ...)

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Initially the news storied talked about 150,000 doses of Pfizer were set aside for foreigners - i.e. 75,000 people with two jabs each - and at the same time the forum seemed to be loaded with post from foreign people complaining about that they could not get vaccination. Then appeared news stories with that some 20,000 people had been registered and a call to foreigners to register, little later the news stories mentioned that around 40,000 had registered, and now 54,000.

I'm surprised that not more have registered, or is it so that this is the number of resident foreigners interested in vaccination...????

I did not register because I have no chance to get Pfizer in the nearest future as I am below 60yo and have no underlying medical conditions.

So why should I share my very personal information with another lame website protected by a password like "admin" or "123456" if protected at all?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, grandpa said:

I live in Khon Kaen and this week have received 1st appointment for Pfizer on Sept 5th with 2nd appt on 26th Sept.  Vaccinations to be administered by Bangkok Hospital at Central Plaza Khon Kaen.  A friend of mine in Leoi has received the same for Sept 12th, so appointments are beginning to trickle through ????

Leoi? you mean Loei, That's where I live. Registered but still no appointment 

5 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I think some expats are getting vaccinated in large cities especially BKK and other potential litterbox areas, but not as a result of this useless system.

Just like all the other scams - put in your name - it is activity - keep the dirty expats quiet as they happily confuse activity with results.

The web site works fine. Many of my friends are registered and I have helped several. I got my first Pfizer jab on Monday, get the 2nd on the 13th. Met other friends/ferrangs there too. Kanchanaburi General Hodpital

aviary-image-1629691295169.jpeg

aviary-image-1629691635078.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, malibukid said:

plan B, stay safe and hopefully i can get Moderna or Pfizer in CM late September/October at a private hospital.  don't mine paying.  

I dont think either one are coming until first of the year. Just my opinion. Decided to fly back to USA. Tired of this <deleted> 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I registered with ExpatVac the day it was spun up. No response from them, but BCCT kicked the tires for me just this Monday and I got my first AZ jab this afternoon at SCG Bang Sue. There were thousands there, all under various different schemes; ExpatVac/BCCT, BMA, and others whose names I did not catch while waiting for the overworked security guard to tell me where to go.

The entire process, front door to getting a cab home, took me 75 minutes. I very much doubt that the Thais waiting in the BMA queue got processed that fast. Were the performance slower today, I'd still be grateful for it taking place. It could be argued I should not have had to wait so long to be registered - all registrations accepted and sorted by age rather than there being a Thai queue and a non-Thai queue. However, at the end of the day, the machine is oiled and working and the volume of people through it seems to be rising. The staff I talked to said they were processing more people per day each day.

Ironically I received a mail from MedPark this morning offering me Pfizer yesterday or today. Not sure how that would work, but as I live close to Bang Sue I took the AZ and will wait until Nov 19 to get my second jab. I am not considering a self-diagnosed mix-n-match at this time, although preliminary tests suggest the two combine well. (https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/) It is unclear about getting a certificate here if one mixes vaccines.

Edited by DualSportBiker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Well I am deep in rural Ubon and I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, as did many other foreigners.  They were sitting us down 12 at a time, jabbing us all then sitting us down to rest for 20 minutes while the passport data was logged down and the next batch of foreigners vaccinated. Plenty more white faces still in the queue when I left so there would have been at least 60 foreigners while I was there who had received appointments ! Perhaps none of your associates managed to fill in the simple form properly, with photos of your passport and visa data ?

Deep rural Ubon! 
Ubon Ratchasima is one of the bigger cities in Thailand, The number of expats you saw there confirms you were at a major hospital in the capital city.

They are not getting to the 30,000 or so people who have registered (and been accepted) who are actually in rural areas. 

To throw blame at those being overlooked is pathetic!

The spokesman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thanee Saengrat told Daily News yesterday that between August 1st and 25th 54,745 foreign residents of Thailand had applied for vaccinations against Covid-19 on expatvac.consular.go.th.

These 54,745 do not include those several thousands that were rejected because the system could not take 2 uploads of passport pages as instructed. Invalid in all respects

6 minutes ago, DualSportBiker said:

The wheels are starting to turn here. It's your choice, but you might find a little extra patience saves you hassle of flying and getting back in...

I fly back there for the Holidays anyway so just decided to leave early because of the situation here in Thailand. Would have preferred to be vaccinated before I Leave but it sounds like Moderna will not be here until end of the year or possibly Jan 2022 

I registered at medpark yesterday (26th) at midday , got a confirmation for pfizer today (27th) at 10am , which stated come any day between the 28th and the 31st ,bring the confirmation code and original passport. 

Edited by greg71
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, carbon007 said:

The spokesman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thanee Saengrat told Daily News yesterday that between August 1st and 25th 54,745 foreign residents of Thailand had applied for vaccinations against Covid-19 on expatvac.consular.go.th.

These 54,745 do not include those several thousands that were rejected because the system could not take 2 uploads of passport pages as instructed. Invalid in all respects

I had the same problem . It would only upload one page but said it accepted. Still have heard nothing

6 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

The statistic is quite useless compared to how many appointments this wonderful IT system has created. Here amongst my associates the massive total of zero, nil, nada, zip  (maybe because we are in deepest darkest Issan). This I would like to know rather than the usual spin.

Don't feel lonely I live in prachinburi am 64 and haven't heard anything 

From my experience getting the surprise Pfizer shot yesterday, I would strongly advise anyone here to make sure they have registered in as many places as possible.

Websites, shopping malls, local public and private hospitals, Expatvac, Thailand intervac, the consular ones, etc.

Pfizer seems to be allocated in small batches to hospitals without much warning, leaving them to scramble to organize appointments. At the end of vaccine day, there may be a small number of doses left that don't have arms. If they close at 4 pm, even if you don't have an appointment, try to be there at 3PM with your passport, and hopefully you have already registered with as many websites and Line apps as possible so that they can find and accept you on the one they use. As far as I know, the jab would be otherwise discarded as it can't go back in the fridge, and Pfizer vaccine day may be only held for one day.

Presently, after the medical staff, they are giving it to those Falangs over 60, or 7 conditions. This will open up, to younger people soon, and you never know when that is going to happen.

I felt like one of my goldfish. So don't be on the far side of the fountain when the guy with the food comes, or you won't get fed.

6 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Don't feel lonely I live in prachinburi province am 64 and haven't heard anything yet. I registered on 4 August 

15 minutes ago, club said:

I had the same problem . It would only upload one page but said it accepted. Still have heard nothing

Mee too, but they seem to have fixed it. Go back and upload the rest of your information. You'll get the confirmation emails if they have it correctly.