Thailand reports 17,984 COVID-19 cases, 292 more deaths

webfact

COV28.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A man uses his phone at an almost empty road which is usually crowded with people, as lockdown and travel restrictions are imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, July 12, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Saturday (August 28) reported 17,984 new COVID-19 cases, 20,535 recoveries and 292 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 20,535 recoveries

17,660 new infections 

324 prison / prison infections

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,157,555 with 10,879 deaths.

(Total infections since April 1: 1,128,692)

The news comes as Thailand will lift most coronavirus restrictions on retail and dining from next month and permit gatherings of up to 25 people in Bangkok and other high risk areas, its COVID-19 task force said on Friday.

Easing restrictions and adjusting measures were necessary to revive the economy safely, the task force said, as the country battles its worst coronavirus outbreak and struggles to ramp up vaccinations, with only 1 in 10 people inoculated so far.

From Sept. 1, shopping malls, salons, barber shops, foot massages and sports fields in 29 high-risk provinces including Bangkok, are allowed to resume operations, while restaurants can open to diners, the task force said.

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update28AUG).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Rising infections, bad press and burdensome rules still real threats to the slowing Phuket Sandbox

The Phuket Sandbox has now come to represent Thailand’s efforts to refloat its foreign tourism industry. Last week saw Police Lieutenant General Surachate Hakparn or ‘Big Joke’ on the island with a mission to improve security for visitors, particularly ahead of an expected invasion of Russian tourists in November after the Sputnik V vaccine has now been approved for inclusion in the scheme allowing Russians to apply for Certificates of Entry.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/08/28/rising-infections-threaten-phuket-sandbox/

Two things. One: Average tests across all provinces is around 660 which is extremely low. Two: Someone I know has just been given their 2nd AZ jab just 3 weeks after the first. All 155 others who work at the same place also had the 2nd jab after 3 wks. This is madness. How much is this happening to boost vax numbers? 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 207 new local cases , 1 case from the Sandbox and one death. There are now 1,411 patients in care. The #PhuketSandbox has had 75 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431415278999465989

Cases look to be really going down in places except in Phuket. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lujanit said:

You actually believe the figures put out by this pseudo government?  They need to get the figures down so they can open the country by October 1.  So they massage the figures in their favour.

Both correct - the numbers are going down (no idea about the Covid in the country). They will open uo October no matter what, it's called the new paradigm (the word used by the speaker on the English language CCAS). A propaganda word for Uturn so the general does no have to admit the old policy was MUBAR

Edited by Scrotobike
Naughty words - sorry I just get passionate about the general
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lujanit said:

You actually believe the figures put out by this pseudo government?  They need to get the figures down so they can open the country by October 1.  So they massage the figures in their favour.

I reported only on what I saw in the numbers the government reported.  If you have read any of my posts over the last several months you might understand where I stand on the subject.  Today I just do not feel like posting as I usually would.  Today I lost a long time friend, not from Covid, but from being hit head on by a wrong way driver.  He was a dedicated family man, and a person who stood up against those who thought laws were not meant for them.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I reported only on what I saw in the numbers the government reported.  If you have read any of my posts over the last several months you might understand where I stand on the subject.  Today I just do not feel like posting as I usually would.  Today I lost a long time friend, not from Covid, but from being hit head on by a wrong way driver.  He was a dedicated family man, and a person who stood up against those who thought laws were not meant for them.

sorry to here that - you will not stand alone in grief - we stand proud shoulder to shoulder

RIP

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As I predicted weeks ago, they are jumping the gun on reopening and I think it will prove to be an unmitigated disaster. 

They don't care, they know they messed up big time and will never recover from that, so may as well just keep on messing up or more accurately "give up" - what will be will be and since there is no accountability in Thailand why would they give a ##, plastic bag treatment on a bigger scale

• Confused 1

Today there were 292 deaths in #Thailand

157 males & 135 females

Burmese (2), Cambodian (2), Chinese (1)

Median age 70 (24-100 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (119)

71% of deaths aged 60+ (in BKK 82%)

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431494013043953667