Thailand's daily COVID-19 cases drop below 20,000 for 8th successive day

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

How can it drop below 20,000 consecutively?  Once it is below 20,000 one day, it cannot drop below 20,000 again the next.  Once it has dropped, it has dropped.

Two possibilities, with some sarcasm:

1) Bad choice of words....should have used 'remained' rather than 'dropped'

2) It was actually above 20K, but for goal-seeking reasons was 'dropped' below 20K by the PTB

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It really does seem that some sense of normality (even if it's a "new normal") is returning.  Inter-provincial flights can start again from 1 September, and presumably buses too.  Some people (like me!) need a holiday!   It's also interesting to read the comments from restaurant owners this morning, regarding the new restrictions being more restrictive than the lockdown ones!  Hopefully, the government will be forced to backtrack.

To fly to Khon Kaen I meant to have a full vaccination certificate and a negative RT-PCR test. There's a story on the other site we can't quote from. Most airports are requiring double vaxed certs. This is not good. My 2nd vaccine is mid October. What about buses I wander? Double vaxed cert? Less than 10% have this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

To fly to Khon Kaen I meant to have a full vaccination certificate and a negative RT-PCR test. There's a story on the other site we can't quote from. Most airports are requiring double vaxed certs. This is not good. My 2nd vaccine is mid October. What about buses I wander? Double vaxed cert? Less than 10% have this.

I wonder about buses too!

• Like 1

the growth in the 7 day average for daily deaths has slowed quite a bit.  it made a big run from 180 range, btwn august 10 and 14, to 250 by august 21.  but over the last week we are still seeing the 7 day average number for daily deaths at about 255 (ranging btwn 262 and 247).  you can see the chart in the link if you scroll down and click on the 7 day average in the daily death chart.  it looks like it might be topping out (no more 300+ numbers please !!). 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

26 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Here are the sisaket numbers - up to those reported 28/8/21

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1431494010045014017/photo/2

image.png.0a53c2fea7ed65860ae84a8e97dd37be.png

But the decline is all about lesser numbers coming from the dark red zone and bringing infections with them (or being sent!). Those who want to desert the lockdown and return to familial homes have by and large already done so.
Infections arising within the province are actually going up. Average number of infections arising within the province were 15-20 a day until fairly recently. Now they are up at 40. See my chart below (data reported today not included)

Total numbers for Isaan are now coming well down also, but I don't have any splits showing infections arising within the other Isaan provinces. I expect that the Sisaket profile (coming well down down in total but local infections rising) is repeated in some (/many?) of the other provinces.

image.png.7b32d699617c9a158cbc06a9431781ea.png

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's going to be interesting to see the reactions by about mid-October of all the superficially brave blowhards here demanding that we "open up NOW!"  As they see people all around them (even children) falling ill and gasping for breath as they literally suffocate to death -- and there are no hospital beds to be found -- the formerly brave among us may decide:  "I should have been careful what I wished for."

Oops -- too late!

• Confused 9

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR tests, total of 16,536 official new infections, with 328 of those from prison and 16,208 from community (lowest since 27th July). 264 official covid deaths recorded still high.

Lets hope that typical delta wave pattern is kicking in and this is a genuine trend change, positive numbers although more declines in pcr tests.

Rapid tests positive cases, 2,670 bringing the unofficial total to 18,878

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

48,487 official pcr tests carried out yesterday.

If these figures are correct only 48k Pcr tests yet with 16k positives that is around 33% positive rate.

That is an incredibly high positive rate and if countrywide testing was applied the numbers would be vast.

Yet the Junta perpetuate their denial and delusion policy and are claiming that numbers are falling the worst is over and lets open up the country soon...............one huge rug and thousands of brooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am wondering how they managed to get so many Pfizer vaccines suddenly. I can remember that Pfizea announced in July that all orders would be come next year because they had no capacity anymore...At that point Pfizer was not ordered by the Government yet. The US has given 1,5 million doses and suddenly there are a lot of jabs available...for schoolkids, the frontline medics, elderly people ..Besides that they announced that there would come 120 million doses this year. Sinovac, Sinopharm, Astra Zeneca (10 million a month???) but nobody says anything about the Moderna..

I am very confused... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Luckily you don’t have to. Just sit back and read the double standards. 

They will be complaining they cant take their unvaccinated kids into a restaurant next, or had to wait as only 50% of the tables could be used.

Edited by sungod

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope what we are seeing is reality and one would hope that truthfully the numbers are being published in total with clarity and not being hidden from sight.

Why? What difference does it make? Many just want things to start to open up, poor citizens get back to earning a few Baht.

Best thing could happen is they start charging for Covid tests, then numbers would freefall. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you count the cases and the RAT cases and divide them by the the test it is still 39% so not much change of the days when it always was around 40%... The percentage is still the same

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1