COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,972 new coronavirus cases and 17,281 recoveries

webfact

6 minutes ago, drenddy said:

I rant often about Thailand, but what happens in Australia baffles me.

Army on the street, brutal lockdowns, and not for tens of thousands of cases.

Since when has Australa become such a <deleted>ty country?

PS.New Zealand : hold my beer.

Its something you do BEFORE you get to tens of thousands of cases…it’s what STOPS you getting to tends if thousands of cases if done properly…sadly many immigrants don’t understand how to do things properly which is why Sydney has the prolonged lockdown it does right now…worked very well in all areas that don’t have immigrants.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are these as someone would say Artifacts, or are the numbers truly dropping.  If they are dropping then I applaud the fact that cases are lessening, and I will leave it at that.  Lets see what Wednesdays Sandbox style openings have as an effect on the economy as well as future cases.  Yes it is a Sandbox style opening and in my view a preparation for opening up all of Thailand to those vaccinated and negative tested, as far as on a domestic scale.  Lets see what happens folks.

Stay safe, protect yourself, your families, household help, the animals and of course keep your sanity intact.

I think the Thai Baht is going the opposite direction. Numbers of Covid going down, Baht going up (s...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Its something you do BEFORE you get to tens of thousands of cases…it’s what STOPS you getting to tends if thousands of cases if done properly…sadly many immigrants don’t understand how to do things properly which is why Sydney has the prolonged lockdown it does right now…worked very well in all areas that don’t have immigrants.

Wow.  So it's all the fault of immigrants. ????  Sounds like the type of nonsense some Thais might say about who to blame for Covid in Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

2nd Generation Vaccines for COVID Mutations

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The Public Health Ministry plans to acquire second-generation vaccines in the first quarter of next year to cope with COVID-19 mutations.

Announcing the COVID-19 vaccine procurement plan, Dr. Supakit Sirilak, director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences, said that the government’s COVID-19 vaccine acquisition committee agreed that the country would no longer order first-generation vaccines but would try to buy the new vaccines that could cope with viral mutations.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-769052

Looks like the creation of the second generation of vaccines started just after they had produced the first vaccines.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-second-generation-covid-vaccines-are-coming/

But impressive as they are, these vaccines alone will likely not be sufficient to end the pandemic, experts say. Luckily, there are hundreds of other COVID vaccines under development—including many with new mechanisms of action—that could prove to be effective and cheaper and easier to distribute.

“I believe that this virus is going to change and that the vaccines we have approved right now are just not going to be as effective as we think they are,” says Danny Altmann, an immunologist at Imperial College London. SARS-CoV-2 has already evolved several new variants—including the ones first identified in the U.K. and South Africa, which are more transmissible (though not—for now, at least—more deadly)

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soon to be at zero the way they are dropping rapidly versus the 2 month rise, it looks like it will be gone completely by the second week of September....Amazing.

Soon they have 25000 people recovered and minus 5000 infected.

Is Ferrari Joe doing the numbers?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

keep my insanity intact

They're stepping it up here. The returned bar girls having been doing more scowling, more barking at their dear grandparents, more stomping around and leaving in a huff, more classic Thai passive aggression. There's talk of them marrying their Thai BFs to bring their families much needed sin sod money. Having once had money thrown at them every night, being sold for what I hear are paltry sums are quite a blow to their egos. I can only imagine what those marriages will be like. At least they won't be in my moo ban.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Like 1

Thailand’s daily caseload will drop soon, predicts Public Health Ministry

The Public Health Ministry said on Sunday that the number of Covid-19 cases in Thailand is likely to ease, as more patients with mild symptoms are being discharged from hospitals in Greater Bangkok.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005459

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Wow.  So it's all the fault of immigrants. ????  Sounds like the type of nonsense some Thais might say about who to blame for Covid in Thailand!

How is not the fault of immigrants…please explain? Hint: The outbreak is focused on 11 specific areas of Sydney…check the demographics of those areas.

In Queensland the outbreak was stopped in its tracks as it happened in a highly compliant white Anglo Saxon community. Canberra is rapidly on the decline for the same reason.

Bondi is where the Sydney outbreak originated yet there are no cases there now. Demographics.

Please. Fire away. How is this not down to demographics in Australia.

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s daily caseload will drop soon, predicts Public Health Ministry

The Public Health Ministry said on Sunday that the number of Covid-19 cases in Thailand is likely to ease, as more patients with mild symptoms are being discharged from hospitals in Greater Bangkok.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005459

And so shall it be..

Thailand on the path to recovery with increased vaccination capacity

Thailand vaccinated 915,758 people on Friday throughout the country. Over the weekend the number of vaccines administered hovered around the same mark. The Ministry of Public Health said that if vaccination rates hold and the supply of vaccines remains steady, then the country could reach targeted inoculation numbers by the middle of November.

The Centre for Covid Situation Administration (CCSA) has already approved the lifting of partial lockdown measures for the heavily impacted “red zones” on September 1.

“If vaccination rates hold then we can be looking at making our targets for the red zones by the end of October,” a senior Ministry of Public Health figure told Thai Enquirer by phone on Monday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31914/thailand-on-the-path-to-recovery-with-increased-vaccination-capacity/

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Crikey - the propaganda in Australia is working well on you.   You are now at the stage of pointing fingers at immigrants.   History suggest this is not going to end well.   Any suggestions as to what appropriate action can be taken against these immigrants yet?    How would you like this problem to be solved? 

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand on the path to recovery with increased vaccination capacity

Thailand vaccinated 915,758 people on Friday throughout the country. Over the weekend the number of vaccines administered hovered around the same mark. The Ministry of Public Health said that if vaccination rates hold and the supply of vaccines remains steady, then the country could reach targeted inoculation numbers by the middle of November.

The Centre for Covid Situation Administration (CCSA) has already approved the lifting of partial lockdown measures for the heavily impacted “red zones” on September 1.

“If vaccination rates hold then we can be looking at making our targets for the red zones by the end of October,” a senior Ministry of Public Health figure told Thai Enquirer by phone on Monday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31914/thailand-on-the-path-to-recovery-with-increased-vaccination-capacity/

Over the weekend the number of vaccines administered hovered around the same mark

No they didn't, Saturday's total administered was 258,782.

11 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

How is not the fault of immigrants…please explain? Hint: The outbreak is focused on 11 specific areas of Sydney…check the demographics of those areas.

In Queensland the outbreak was stopped in its tracks as it happened in a highly compliant white Anglo Saxon community. Canberra is rapidly on the decline for the same reason.

Bondi is where the Sydney outbreak originated yet there are no cases there now. Demographics.

Please. Fire away. How is this not down to demographics in Australia.

No.  I have no desire to take the the thread off topic with racist stereotyping nonsense.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are these as someone would say Artifacts, or are the numbers truly dropping.  If they are dropping then I applaud the fact that cases are lessening, and I will leave it at that.  Lets see what Wednesdays Sandbox style openings have as an effect on the economy as well as future cases.  Yes it is a Sandbox style opening and in my view a preparation for opening up all of Thailand to those vaccinated and negative tested, as far as on a domestic scale.  Lets see what happens folks.

Stay safe, protect yourself, your families, household help, the animals and of course keep your sanity intact.

You can't really open up until 80-90% of adults are vaccinated or have natural antibodies.  UK is now just about able to do it by the seat of their pants.

Otherwise 2 weeks after, the numbers just go up again.

Without controls in Thailand it could easily reach 60, 000 plus. 

6 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:
13 minutes ago, James105 said:

Crikey - the propaganda in Australia is working well on you.   You are now at the stage of pointing fingers at immigrants.   History suggest this is not going to end well.   Any suggestions as to what appropriate action can be taken against these immigrants yet?    How would you like this problem to be solved? 

Expand  

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9931315/amp/Muslim-leader-reveals-big-reason-Covid-ripped-immigrant-families-Sydneys-south-west.html

UK newspaper not Australian.

Facts are facts

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hi-So's already out and getting ready to party.  Saw a group at the local hooch seller buying cases of the Black Label , Gold label, and Blue label Johnny Walker, as well as all of the mixers.  Must be getting ready for a party on Wednesday night....loaded it all into the hatch of a G-Class 550 Mercedes with a new Red Plate.  

At least, you didn't publish my registration number. It's a G63 not 550.

• Haha 1

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 14,137 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 1,824 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 11 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432215054154272768

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 14,137 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 1,824 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 11 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432215054154272768

11 imported cases.

Soon, they will blame the foreigners again.

Where are the prison numbers?

Today there were 256 deaths in #Thailand

137 males & 119 females

Burmese (14), British (1), Unknown (1)

Median age 69 (16-98 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (79)

70% of deaths aged 60+ (in BKK 82%)

1 pregnant woman died

1 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432220100451438595