Fertilizers.

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Blue is the P in NPK i.e. phosphorus

That's what i thought at first.

But most phosphorus is usually a brown,black colour.

White normally 46-0-0.(nitrogen in Thailand)

I guess alot depends which factory it comes from.

Many people use NPK blue on their lawns.

2 hours ago, malcolminthemiddle said:

Any one know when to use the different colours?

I've been using the white one to fertilize my grass which seems to work okay but unsure when to use the blue and brown types.

The white is the usually   used on lawns and by dairy farmers on their grass fields .it is quickly released, and the plant soon uses the N ,most dairy farmers will apply N at least 2 times a year ,depending on the grazing season 

The P and K  are slow releasing fertilizers P is basically ground down rock ,when to apply it when they has been some rain ,on your lawn at the start of the rainy season, it needs rain to wash it in to the soil ,slow releasing ,on commercial farms applied once a year. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, Kallemann said:

hi.
I have another question, is it possible to get LIME in thailand? 

And what is LIME called in thai?

Probably best to use the chemical term, calcium oxide.

( CaO) All I can get out of Google Translate is manaow, which is the fruit. Slaked lime is manaow farn, which could be meaningless.

Places such as Thai Watsadu should stock it.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Probably best to use the chemical term, calcium oxide.

( CaO) All I can get out of Google Translate is manaow, which is the fruit. Slaked lime is manaow farn, which could be meaningless.

Places such as Thai Watsadu should stock it.

As has been said before they are different types of lime, in Thai I use Boon Khow ปูนขาว .

If you live in/near a cattle area a local feed supply shop could well sell it ,two of our locale shops sell lime.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, stubuzz said:

Blue is 15-15-15 (NPK)

White is 10-10-10 (NPK)

Brown ?

White probably 46-0-0

Brown  possibly 16-16-16 or 0-0-60 Potassium chloride. 

But I recommend avoiding all these harsh chemical fertilizers that are out of date and obsolete in the context of the latest science and best managment practices.  These chemistries boost only certain plant nutrients for a superficial growth and green and bulk productivity response. They do not provide complete plant nutrition, and there are harmful side effects on soil health, livestock and human health in the chemically grown food we eat.

It's like meth, you may like that energy but are unaware or don't care about the damage it does.